Sphener

Milosrdenstvi

Chieftain
I had a thought: what with Sphener's pedia entry, he ought to have some sort of sword. Maybe law affinity?

You mean the Arma Iustitiae? (Latin: Weapons of Justice)

Thats what I'm calling the equipment representing the Sword and Shield of Junil in my version. Sphenor starts with this equipment, and he can fly. (I boosted other religious heroes more though, especially Mardero.) I have it granting +2 Law affinity (which is in Holy damage in my version) and +50% vs. the Hidden Nationality promotion. If I knew anything about making unit graphics I'd try to make it look like the sword and shield he carries, but for now it looks just like the Netherblade.

Arma is a collective noun in Latin.

Although, from the pedia entry it doesn't sound as if the weapons are in any way special, besides apparently being too large for a dark elf to wield. I think they were more symbolic than anything else, and their power comes from the fact that Sphener, an angel of Junil, is wielding them.

You mean the Arma Iustitiae? (Latin: Weapons of Justice)

Thats what I'm calling the equipment representing the Sword and Shield of Junil in my version. Sphenor starts with this equipment, and he can fly. (I boosted other religious heroes more though, especially Mardero.) I have it granting +2 Law affinity (which is in Holy damage in my version) and +50% vs. the Hidden Nationality promotion. If I knew anything about making unit graphics I'd try to make it look like the sword and shield he carries, but for now it looks just like the Netherblade.

I like the idea of giving each of the main heroes (Sphenor, Artherdain, Yvain, Hemah, and Mardero) a piece of equipment unique to them.

I would think that Sphenor should get +2 Holy damage and 25% bonus against "evil" civs (if such a things is possible to code).

I would probably give the +50% Hidden Nationality bonus to Chalid, because it seems more in line to me with the Empyrean religion.

Artherdain needs a change of some sort. Now that all priests can cast "cure diease" he seems useless now. I don't have any good ideas for this on the top of my head. How about some form of regeneration to all until that are in his tile? I would give him as his equipment a crossbow that adds +1 on offence, and +2 on defense.

Yvain. . . perhaps a staff with +1 affinity to nature mana and +1 to strength. I would balance this out by reducing his current affinity to nature mana to +1.

Hemah needs a boost too since archmages have been converted to summoners. Maybe a staff that does +5 to spell damage or adds +2 to strength to all summons.

Mardelo I might give him something a little more interesting. I would give him "death sword" that would give +6 to death/entropy strength. I would also reduce Mardelo's base strength by 4 to balance this out. However, every turn that a "living" unit holds the sword, there would be a 10% chance of turning barbarian and/or into a demon every turn. That would also prevent "good" civs from using the power of the sword from an RP perspective.

That would also prevent "good" civs from using the power of the sword from an RP perspective.

Except, you know, that still lets the Luchiurp, Mercurians(!!!), FoL(Treants), and Liches use it.

Personally I don't think there should be THAT much equipment floating around. Mardero doesn't get his strength from the fact that he has a demon sword, it's from the fact that HE'S A FREAKING DEMON. Also, most of them really, really don't need a boost. Well except Arthendain, he sucks.

Sphener's already an angel with decently high strength, Unyielding Order, possibility to get Command IV, good movement, Heal, and Bless. Arthendain, well, he doesn't cure disease anymore. Ever since the Summoning/Sorc merge he's had Destroy Undead instead. Yvain just needs to park on a convenient peak, and there's not a whole lot that can dislodge him. Hemah's an extra Archmage that can Twincast. Enough said. Likewise for Gibbon Goetia. Chalid Astrakein is already the best arcane hero there is, what with Crown of Brilliance, Pillar of Fire, sun affinity, and high strength.

Sphener rocks the way he is (command IV and heal!) - adding equipment to make him even better... would be fun, I suppose :).

Personally I like the idea of all World Units having Equipment which doesn't change their stats, but rather offers a portion of the unique quality to the world after they personally have died off. Like Alazkan carrying an item which allows him to produce his Mirror Image, the Trojan Horse having a Barnaxus-like rebuild feature, and numerous more "bland" world Units conferring their Affinity via Weapon instead of natural ability.

The problem which the team seems to desire to avoid though is having someone able to run around with 12 Swords. As it is now, there are few enough total weapons/items out there than it is possible to have more than realistically useable, but not likely.

Simple: just put a limit on equipment-per-unit, two at the very most, probably only one would be realistic. I assume this can be done?

On the notice of that concerning hero units, Artherdain could be boosted by allowing only him to be able to cure plague. The reasoning for this would also entail making Mary Morbus more common. Also seeing that Mary Morbus has been seriously nerfed without the apparent concern of many player. Either case, Artherdain should at least be better than a normal crossbow if one has the wish to compare him with what are assumed to be his counter-parts for other religions. Also, it is of importance to remember that it would not be advisable to nerf the Grigori by strengthening all other heros and not their own, especially as the case says that they themselves have been nerfed. However, the main concern I wish to bring up is the lack of disscusion over the world unit of Mary Morbus, who should be a terror to the world, which Artherdain is a counter for as the civilpedia entries may allude to.

P.S. Rather than buffing the heros, it might also be easier to nerf the stronger heros although it may make some strategies less viable.

hey, Artherdain is awesome he comes early for a crossbowman and get pumped on experience before then come on stage

Top Bottom