Spies as Diplomats in City-States?

ridjack

Emperor
Awhile back I made a post whining about my general dislike of city-state diplomacy in the the current versions of VP. Some in that thread asked if I had any other ideas, and I was not able to offer any.

(Preface: I realize this is most likely outside the scope of changes @Gazebo and crew are willing to make this close to 'Gold' status. I'm throwing it out there anyway.)

Spies are already able to function as diplomats with major civs; is there any possibility of using them that way inside city-states? I know they can do currently do the coups and election rigging, which is maybe similar enough as makes no difference. I honestly haven't used them that way very much, but it always felt underwhelming the few times that I did. Could we possibly have an option to choose 'Diplomat' with a steady trickle of influence that's more reliable than the dice rolls of rigging and coups?

(Again, just to emphasize: I'm aware the VP crew are avoiding changes of this nature at this stage. This is simply to put the idea up for discussion on the remote chance it's a Good Idea and not just another of my ill-considered brain farts.)

rigging is a dice roll? But if anything, i'd buff exactly this a tiny bit. Couping is the only reason for spies in CSs right now i feel.

rigging is a dice roll?

upload_2018-5-9_18-45-33.png

Yeah I feel like spies in city states are plenty useful. Sweet sweet influence! Coups being at 5% for so long hurts, but really make sense.

Top Bottom