1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spies stopped working

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by danhynes, Jul 24, 2020.

1. danhynes

danhynes Chieftain

This was a bog with Concise UI. Rename espionage_panel to fix it.

Attached Files:

• civ.png
      civ.png
      File size:
      3.5 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Save file is attached for reference. It's Owls of Minerva too, not Hermetic (that game was a total loss with 4 hostile civs within 6 tiles of my capital and I got stomped by turn 20)
    This is a deity level game running the new Menelik II leader, and I am not sure when this started to happen (it was gone 1AM when I gave up) but suddenly spies no longer work for offensive missions - it is literally impossible to set any mission at all. None of the options work, and instead of the usual confirm options, all I get is the ability to move to a home city - nothing else works except counterspy.
    It is possible this is to do with the new district, as I have not fully read up on the diplomatic quarter as yet but it seems broken to me.

There is also a nasty graphical bug when the did work - all the options spread out in a VERY w i d e line.
    Has anyone else seen spy issues in this new version, as for me it is just plain broken

Attached Files:

3. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Not just with Concise UI - it happened to me late last night too, and the only things I can do with spies are counterspy. I can move them to other cities, but see the exact same as your shot whenever I try to select a mission.
    Cannot remember what single option there is on the dialogue, but it is literally impossible to select any missions - yet they were working, and suddenly stopped working for an unknown reason.
    See my other thread on this - I will ask the Mods to move it here as well.

4. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2020
  5. Dimplz

Dimplz Chieftain

I had the same problem as the OP. I disabled the "Better Espionage Screen" mod and that seems to have fixed the problem

6. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

I don't think I have that mod running - I will check this, as I may well be wrong/mistaken about that as I do sometimes use mods that improve Quality of Life in game.....(as in no tweaks to yields/etc)

7. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Dimplz likes this.