Spiritual unfairly penalized in 1.61?

RemoWilliams

Warlord
Spiritual is a nice trait, imo, but since 1.61, they've applied the same limitation of 5 turns (on marathon at least) per revolution that is applied to non-spiritual civs to kill the anarchy exploit. Since the anarchy exploit never existed for spiritual, I find this a little heavy handed, personally, and I think it heavily penalizes spiritual, for no good reason.

The 5-turn limitation has always existed.

In fact it's good to be spiritual: non-spiritual civs must wait MORE than 5 turns because turns in anarchy don't count now.

IMO spiritual is easily the best trait as the possiblity of civic micromanagement is the equal of any other trait. Add to this cheap temples and monasteries. It opens up new strategy possibilities that the low difficulty level "choppers" and "slingers" can only dream of.:p

There's no change for spiritual in 1.61, the 5 turn delay after switching has always been there. All that changed is that in 1.61, non-spiritual civs have to wait until they're out of anarchy before the 5 turns count. Everyone else is slightly worse off, spiritual is the same.

shivute said:
...Add to this cheap temples and monasteries...
I never see "cheap monasteries" for sprirtual trait.

I'm agree, with 1.61 civic micromanagement are the same for spiritual BUT this is worst for non-spiritual (anarchy + 5 turns)

GABB said:
I never see "cheap monasteries" for sprirtual trait.

I'm agree, with 1.61 civic micromanagement are the same for spiritual BUT this is worst for non-spiritual (anarchy + 5 turns)

I'm pretty sure you get them, could be wrong though

lets not forget nearly all spiritual start with mystism so can easily grap an early religion.

Mutineer said:
No, it is temples and cafedrals

No, it is temples ONLY. I think Catedrals depend on religion you need a bonus resource (copper, stone or marble)

On a side note, Mansa Musa and Hatshepsut are the two spiritual leaders who don't start with Mysticism. Huayna Capac starts with Mysticism but isn't spiritual.

Mutineer said:
No, it is temples and cafedrals

Cafédrals, eh? Is that like those bookshops where you can order coffee while you read? So you can get, say, a double latté in the confession booth? Some nice danish and a cup of tea at communion? Sounds great! I may just take up religion now :p

Sorry, couldn't resist :rolleyes: All in good fun though.

Cafédrals spread the Word extreemly fast. The whole world will pray in those Cafédrals. I know i would! :D

Spiritual is fairly weak in the early game when you don't have many (or any) civics to choose from but gets better as the game progresses and you've got more civics to micromanage painlessly.

Top Bottom