Spoiler for Peter Grimes vs. Twistlok

peter grimes

Retired Moderator
Spoiler!!

Here is the status of my first game against a human. Truthfully, it's only my second game ever! I'm having quite a bit of fun figuring things out, trying to discover how the game mechanics work.

I'm heading for Monarchy. I've met Mansa and Julius, and I've signed Open Borders with Mansa. Confucianism and Hinduism have already been founded in distant lands, and Twistlok has completed the Oracle.

Here are some screenshots:

Ahhh your getting advice. I need to learn to post images stat!!!

Suprisingly I am not looking at your images though not sure if that would be a bad ting to do lol.

@Twistlok: I don't see how you could really benefit all that much from looking at my images. It's not like you're ready to invade ;)

Know how to take screenshots? I just figured it out. Hit Shift + PrintScreen. It will save the screenshot to your 'screenshots' folder under civ4. Then go to picsplace.to or imageshack.us (Nasty pop-ups). Click Upload. Then browse to the screenshots folder and upload. Choose Forum Link, clickable thumbnail; copy... paste... Voila!

@DaveMcW - Yeah - I don't really know what I was thinking!... My notes say something about Copper.

Ok folks I have a question, no not about screen shots I will work on that. The original idea for Grimes and myself was to do a Pit Boss game but neither of us can quite work out how to set one up. Any direction is/will be appriciated.

twistlok said:
Ok folks I have a question, no not about screen shots I will work on that. The original idea for Grimes and myself was to do a Pit Boss game but neither of us can quite work out how to set one up. Any direction is/will be appriciated.

Well if you figure it out and want a third ;) Im in!

To host a pitboss game, you need to "configure your router to forward UDP port 2056 to your personal computer". There are some hints on how to do this at http://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm

After the forwarding is set up and pitboss (or civ4 in multiplayer hosting mode) is running, have everyone do a direct IP connection to your computer. You can get your ip address from www.whatismyipaddress.com

Memphus, would you like in on a game that Twistlok and I are setting up against another guy we know? We haven't started talking about settings yet, as we still need to figure out if it's going to be pitboss or pbem.

For pitboss do we need to have a designated computer working as a server? Sorry I am kind of at the Zoolander of computer knowladge. I was better when I ran a BBS in the early 90's on my 386dx16.

I would be very interested!

For either style of game

And as for who I play doesn't really matter but I wouldn't mind a crack at England (oh and other than that settings don't really matter)

peter grimes said:
Memphus, would you like in on a game that Twistlok and I are setting up against another guy we know? We haven't started talking about settings yet, as we still need to figure out if it's going to be pitboss or pbem.

If you get this Pitboss game up, I would like in. :) (PBEM I wont though)

We looked into setting up a pitboss, but we aren't capable. Sorry :)

PBEM we're still planning on doing, though. Pace will probably be a turn every couple of days.

Top Bottom