1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spoiler for Single-player PBEM - Huyan Capac

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Memphus, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Ok so been at war with the General! He is getting troops every turn from Ronnie and AT. Somehow I am still in the game. 3 v 1 isn't easy but If My manuever in the south pays off his back door is open.
    Spoiler :

So what I did was land 2 longbows on the hill promoted to guerilla II so he can get reinforcements in. My HE city is to the SW of Port_W and turning out 1 turn knights. My stack will take down that city in 3 turns,
    1. advance
    2. bombard
    3. take over.
    At that point there are 4 available knights in the south to march straight to his capital..unless he recalls some of his northern advancement.

In the north this is what I face. Not easy. But I am cofident I can hold it, while I hit the south, then he will be forced to withdraw or get eaten alive from the back.
    Spoiler :

2. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Bad move building pikes to defend against the northern stack; you want to be building nothing but knights, cats and a few long bows.

Ideally, you'd cat the stack with about 6 cats minimum (300 hammers), and then you would clean it up with the knights you still have in the north (you'd need a minimum of 7 to take out his ballista eles pikes and knights). I know that'd be expensive (1000 hammers), but you'd kill all of the cats by flanking, either because your knights withdrew or you killed all of his highstrenght mounted (which you should get odds on after catting with 6 cats). the more cats you had, the more junk your could substitute for knights, and instead of trying to kill just the cats, try to take out the entire stack, and use a couple (at least 2 healthy CG lb) to defend your stack in a city.

If you didn't cat it, then you should probably upgade to flanking 2 and C1, and try to kill all of the cats via flanking, then hide behind CG2 longbows in a city while you tried to pump out a few cats and knights to take the stack down in a few turns. G_W really screwed up by moving the stack where he did; it should have been 1 tile NE on a road and in the FoW, so he could have moved it 74 and threatened to split the two cities, or be using a sentry chariot to scout out your defensive units.

3. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Yeah i flipped back and forther over a cat and a pike.... :(

that is the only thing i have going is my civ ability vs G_W....what is more itneresting though is he can see all my cities...so why he moved there i do not know.

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Well, if you had a sentry 2 chariot in your north, you could move it out of the north city, moving it 331 and then back to Vilcas every turn and check for any incoming stacks he may have sent. That would have given you an extra turns notice, but he gave you that turn anyway with the awful movement.

Also, if you figure that you can't take out his chariots, send you stack to the city he chooses to go for and get Walls there asap; it might buy you another turn or two to get the units required to take destroy his entire stack (you'll have to destroy it completely, because he'll have time to bombard away your defense bonus, but so long as you collateral him first and then hit him, that's another couple of cats or knights for you versus almost nothing for him).

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Battle update? I hear you wrecked a bunch of his stack...

6. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

after thsi turn :) but yeah i lost nothing crushed him! RNG made up for me losing my caravels with him only having 28% odds

7. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

And....?

Comeon Memphus, we're waiting with baited breath. :p

8. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

I withdrew. he killed my great General Knight... i couldn't take his city.

I offered Peace. If he accepts I will try to turn my economy back on (the :mad: weariness was starting to hurt a bit)

If he doesn't I will let my knights in the north heal and then hit his north and south simulatenously. but every turn he has 3 people building troops not 1.

Although looking at it, i am cooked in this game unless G_W and I hit AT since he is like 7 tech ahead now...he isn't gettign liberalism and is trying to sling a further tech from it i think.