*Spoiler3* Gotm21-Melee Must see Oil, Coal, Rubber

Originally posted by forged
I definitely needed the palace to be moved. Hindsight says, I should have used option B and continued building the courthouse in Berlin.
Actually, I would have said you should have put the leader somewhere safe - given you say you really needed to move the Palace - and just accepted no more leaders that turn.

If I were setting up, I would probably set the shield value to a negative number (behind the scenes) to indicate that it should build next turn no matter what goes on. But that is just me. My guess is they just immediately expand the number of shields to being full at the time and then walk away.
You can see this is exactly what happens - rush a library with a leadwer, then swap to e.g. a hospital. You'll have the library's number of shields, no more or less

I understand the logic of doing a palace jump without leaders, I just personally find it distasteful for me to abandon cities and more importantly, not build anything significant in my capital city until the jump occurs.
Well, that reminds me of my GOTM Roman Palace jumping debacle. I built NOTHING in my first city - I didn't even name it Rome, because I wanted to keep 'Rome' in my game, so I called it 'Etrusca'. The time came to abandon it, to move to the size 12 captured enemy city. And it jumped .... 2 tiles to the Forbidden Palace :wallbash: And of course, I was stuck with that then, until I finally got a leader a lot, lot, later.

I definitely feel your pain.

Top Bottom