1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sponsor Icon too large for AI

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by roadmaster, May 15, 2015.

1. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

I created a Sponsor Icon, sizes 128, 80, 64, 57, 45 and 32 for my Sponsor and everything looks good in game when I'm playing the Sponsor, but when the AI plays the Sponsor all the Icons seem too large. I only made the Color Icons, I haven't yet figured out how to do the Alpha, Gradient and Glow atlases, Anyone have an Idea why the Icons wouldn't be working for the AI?

As an Example, when the game is processing everyone's turns, when it gets to my new sponsor's AI player it just shows a Red Square where the Icon is supposed to be at the bottom middle of the screen, and there is another area where I can just barely see the top left corner of my Icon in the bottom right corner of the square where the icon goes, so it looks like my Icons are too large for the AI player.

Does the AI use one of the Atlases that I haven't created yet? and could this be the problem?

2. HandyVac

HandyVac Gentleman

The shire where the oxen cross the river. UK.
    The Alpha and Gradient atlases are used to generate alternative-colour versions of the sponsor icon when there's more than one of that sponsor in the game. E.g. if you have three civs in your game using the same sponsor, the first one will use the color icon and the other two will use the alpha & gradient icons with a different colour applied to them.

Solid red is what the game displays by default if it's unable to load a texture it's looking for. ( i.e. because you haven't made the alpha and gradient icons ;) )

3. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

Thank you, Does anyone know of any Tutorials or Guides on making the Alpha or Gradient Icons? Is the Alpha one as simple as just adding transparency or is there a special procedure? I have seen several guides/Tutorials that show how to do the regular Color Icons but I haven't seen anything yet on gradients, alpha and glow.

4. roadmaster

roadmaster Chieftain

I have found another issue with my Sponsor Icons, I found that in the Covert Ops Assignments screen where you assign your spy to a city that the Color Icons for my Sponsor are blank, their just not there. However the ones for my AI Player are there just fine. Can someone tell me which Icon size is the correct for that area? My assumption is the 32x32 Icon. Because when I removed the 32x32 Alpha Icon the AI's Icon went blank there. Ive checked my file names, compared them to the Atlas entry names, I even redid my Sponsor icon twice scaling and exporting with and without mipmaps, nothing ive tried has helped can someone give me some suggestions of some thing to try? Oh and yes I already Marked them VFS true. Every other Color Icon that I have come across is working now except the CovertOps City Icons for the Player Char, the AI uses his alpha icons fine even in that area.

Attached is a PNG picture of my Covert Ops Screen.

Attached Files: