1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spread of religion in 1.52

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by tezster, Dec 29, 2005.

1. tezster

tezster Chieftain

Has anyone noticed that religion seems to spread much quicker in 1.52 than in the previous versions? I've only started one game so far (standard map on marathon) - I was the first to discover hinduism in the game, and the religion managed to spread to all 5 of my cities, without me building a single missionary.

I actually had 2 cities convert on the same turn, and one of my newer cities, the turn right after I connected it via roads to my trade network Hinduism spread to it.

2. Reg Pither

Reg Pither Warlord

Yes, I've only played a couple of games but that's certainly the impression I've got, too.

3. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

actually I found it to be alittle slower but I gues maybe it has to do with level your playing at or maybe just random luck.

4. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

My hiduism without single missionary spread evetually to almost all my cities as well as most of cities of my immediate neighbours.

I guess that none of my neighbours had any of other religions helped.

5. gram123

gram123 Chieftain

I havent noticed it spreading faster. Maybe is is just becourse you have the great religius building for your religion or becourse your cityis was not infekted på other civs religion.(religions spread quickly into citiys that dosent have another religion)

6. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

I had both factors.
    Early stonehenge and none of immediate neghbours founding any of religions.

7. tezster

tezster Chieftain

I guess that could be it... I just don't recall religion spreading as quickly in my other games. It's possible that playing on marathon, the pace of other aspects game is simply slower, the the spread of religion seems to be 'faster' by relative comparison

8. Slimbo

Slimbo Chieftain

Haven't noticed any difference for me...
    I can remember some factors which increase relgion spread enormous:
    1. Trade rout connections (not only roads, but by coastal city's or rivers connected to another civ)
    2. Open border agreements
    3. Great Religion building as early as possible

So maybe in your last game you were just connected via a river to your neighbour? Or you opened borders earlier than in your last games?

9. rabottens

rabottens Warlord

I think it has slightly increased. I spread Hinduism through 6 cities in a relative short timespan. I had 2 cities convert at the same time.