Spreading corp

JohnSearle

Chieftain
I tried searching for this, but I'm not seeing anything on it specifically.

I was just wondering about speading the corporations. I just produced a corp (mining corp) and tried producing a mining exec to spread it... only problem is, it won't let me actually use the exec to spead the corp.

Any suggestions?

- John

chances are that the civ you are trying to spread that corp to has a civic that will not allow it, either State Property or Mercantilism.

3 possibilities. The city you are trying to spread to either:
1) has none of the required resources. If it is yours maybe it isn't connected to your capital by roads/rivers/water. If it is a rivals, maybe they have none.
2) Is in an empire under state property, or it is a rival's city and they are under mercantilism civics. These prevent the spread and function of any, or foreign, corporations respectively.
Or
3) you do not have the gold required to spread the corporation into this city. Requires ~80 gold, iirc.

If the civilzation who owns the city you are trying to spread the corp into is using the "Mercantilism" or "State Property" civics you can't spread it to their cites.

I'm trying to do the same thing, only one of the other civs in the game doesn't have those civics. I'm trying to get them to switch to "Free Market" via espionage. Takes a lot of points to do though.

I can't really find out what spreading the corp to the other civ is doing for me either. The city I spread it to doesn't show up in my corporate info listing. Where do I find out what resources I am getting from corps?

I can't really find out what spreading the corp to the other civ is doing for me either. The city I spread it to doesn't show up in my corporate info listing. Where do I find out what resources I am getting from corps?
Check the city you founded it in. Mouse over the corporations' icon to see exactly what the corp gives to your cities. Mouse over the city maintainence to see what the cost is. And find the Corporation's HQ building to see what you get in this city from your total number of corporations worldwide.

Basically, in the HQ city, you get +5 gold per turn for every city with this corporation. Before gold modifiers, hint hint. It is very profitiable to spread a corporation to foreigners.

Top Bottom