Spreading native villages out

Will The Viking

Chieftain
Team,

Ive been pondering what I'd like to make the game more suited to my style of play and personal aims in the game.

I think the answer would be to have the native villages spread slightly further apart. A question for the modders: is there a simple change to a config file I can make to spread them out a little further? A 'distance between native villages' number that is used to create the map at the start of the game?

At the moment, I want to expand without getting into fights with the natives, but find that when I expand I'm often coming into conflict early.

Thanks for any thoughts!

I play on the 'Gigantic' map size and find by the time I'm ready to really expand I have no trouble paying the natives demands when I can't find an 'empty' spot on the map. I suppose you could try a combination of larger maps and fewer natives, though I don't know if the game will give more cities to each of the natives if you reduce how many there are.

Sadly, if you reduce the number of tribes you just get more cities per tribe.

I lowered it down to only a couple of tribes and they have continent-spanning empires. Impressive, but not what I am after!

Top Bottom