1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spreading Religion question

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Hammer Rabbi, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

I played a game with England/emperor/standard civs CSs/large islands.

My starting cities were coastal of course. One of my cities could only be reached by 2 spots by land to be next to it but there was still land beyond that to stand. I only had a pantheon but i really liked it, God of the seas, and it was providing me +6 production late game (i know, 6 sea resources with 2 whales--pretty sweet and all standard map settings). Well i thought that missionaries/GPs needed to be right next to a city to spread so i stationed 2 units there to prevent them from touching by land. It got converted somehow.

Can they spread from water tiles? from more than one tile away?

I checked all the surrounding non-English cities and the CSs and none of them had his religion and he was about as far away from me as possible on that map so the sphere of influence seemed unlikely to reach me.

Thanks for any info on this.

(Ultimately it didnt matter because it was late game and Ships of the Line were crushing capitols which were all on the coast. I won by turn 224, easily my earliest dom vic )

2. kamex

kamex Emperor

Yes, they can use the spread command while embarked and adjacent to a city.

3. Hammer Rabbi

ah, okay. bummer. i remember sending mine somewhere by water and i though i wasnt given option to spread from water but i probably didnt look at it right.

thanks.

4. Welnic

Welnic Emperor

Stationing an Inquisitor in a city keeps missionaries or Great Prophets from converting it. I guess since you didn't have a religion you didn't have access to those though.

5. Hammer Rabbi

yeah, couldnt spend faith on a single thing.