Spreadsheet

KingMorgan

Deity
Can someone post a brief guide on the use of the spreadsheet please?

- How to insert worked tiles, copy and paste from data page or link in some way?
- The formatting of the colums, how to increase from the current 8 worked tiles slots

Anything else i'd need to insert to make the spreadsheet work.

Many thanks

The data part of the spreadsheet shows 4f 1c for an improved grasshill sheep, this should be 4f 1h 1c, can i change the data part of the spreadsheet, i'm guessing that the changes propgate through the workbook? Could some one confirm?

I noticed that the other day, that all the sheep tiles seem to be missing their hammers. You should make that change, yes, and it will propagate through the sheet.

For your other specific questions:

-- just type in the "name" of whatever tile you want to use (according to how it's listed on the data sheet), and the food/hammer/commerce will be added automatically.
-- there are extra columns present; they're just hidden to save space on the screen. You're probably best off expanding the whole thing at first (minus any worked tile slots you really don't need) just so you can see what all is there. To do so, just highlight the first and last column of interest and choose unhide from the format/columns menu -- anything hidden between those two columsn will appear. To hide stuff you don't need, highlight those columns and do format/columns/hide.

A few other things you didn't ask:
-- population growth is handled automatically; when enough food is in the bin you get an extra worked tile slot.
-- build completions are not handled automatically; you have to do that yourself. When the number of hammers in the "after" production column meets or exceeds the number needed, enter that number in the column to the right and overflow will be handled automatically. You can then write the completed build in the events column on the left (this goes on the line *after* the required number of hammers is met). Moving things in and out of the queue gets complicated fast, so if you have to do that, it's probably easiest to get me, Niklas or Methos to help you.
-- workers and settlers require a couple of extra steps. first, for each turn you're building one, you have to put a "1" in the "production" column in the food area. This sends surplus food to production. Second, you need to put "25" or "50" in the appropriate production column for the build bonus.
-- hammers from whips and chops need to be added manually, in the "extra" production column

There's more, but that's enough to get started I guess.

Top Bottom