Spring 2017 Patch Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyidie

Emperor
Lost in the shuffle of DLC is the spring patch. At this point I'm probably more excited for the patch than I am for DLC. So lets get patch predictions going. Remember, looking for predictions, not wish lists. Winner gets likes!

Here is what we know :

http://steamcommunity.com/games/289070/announcements/detail/576864511985471026
In addition, the Spring 2017 update to Civilization VI will come with balance changes, multiplayer changes, and bug fixes for everyone who owns the game!

Predicted bug fixes :

- Last built
- Cede mechanic
- Mine appeal
- Captured spy zombies with Civ death
- Hang on exit game

Swordman/UU fix.

Good one. IIRC, Kongo, Rome, Japan, and Norways UU were impacted. Whats your prediction on who will get a boost ?

I'll go with Kongo and Japan though I think they could all use a boost.

- Last built

Nah, we haven't reached peak absurdity for that bug yet - they'll try to fix it this patch only to make it worse, it will now be completely random rather than just two steps behind :crazyeye:

- Hang on exit game

This only seems to happen under certain circumstances/hardware setups, so it might not be something with an obvious solution.

For the uniques I'd like to see them all at least get a combat boost to put them back in line with the base swordsman, with more drastic changes for the Berserker - it just feels like its lacking something extra special to give it its own flavour, perhaps the ability to make sea improvements like the Civ V Samurai? I dunno :confused:

Also a boost to the Harbour/sea tiles in general would be great, as many have suggested in the past.

I'm hoping for a fix to diplomacy "you are a warmonger" when you are not the aggressor. Not a show stopper, but mildly annoying.
I'd like to see the world map at the end of a game.
I'd also like to see a territorial expansion mini-map replay of the world.

And for wishful thinking, I'd like to see two new city districts - Canal Zones and Alpine Resorts.
Canal Zones are tiles on plains or hills that allow ship traffic. They would animate like a Panama Canal or something. They add some commerce and some tourism.
Alpine Resorts are tiles on mountains that allow land traffic. They would animate with ski lifts or something. They would add commerce and tourism.

Gorgo give that "you are a coward" speech even when you declare a war and wipe the target out. Sometimes she even gives you the "you'd make a great Spartan" speech on the very next turn.

My current favourite is Harald complaining about my lack of navy when my empire has one two-tile lake within its borders. 'Yeah sure mate, I obviously need to build a battleship to patrol that in case you sneak a boat in there somehow.' :crazyeye:

I'm hoping for a fix to diplomacy "you are a warmonger" when you are not the aggressor. Not a show stopper, but mildly annoying.
I'd like to see the world map at the end of a game.
I'd also like to see a territorial expansion mini-map replay of the world.

There's no "you are a warmonger" penalty when you're not the agressor. However, if you capture a city (= conquer land) you become an agressor because you're conquering now.

My current favourite is Harald complaining about my lack of navy when my empire has one two-tile lake within its borders. 'Yeah sure mate, I obviously need to build a battleship to patrol that in case you sneak a boat in there somehow.' :crazyeye:

I actually got the complaint when I had only landlocked cities and not even a single lake tile.

Nah, we haven't reached peak absurdity for that bug yet - they'll try to fix it this patch only to make it worse, it will now be completely random rather than just two steps behind :crazyeye:

:lol: for the purposes of predictions, that would be considered a "patch". I thought they would be waiting for build queue implementation, but at this rate not sure if thats going to make it.

This only seems to happen under certain circumstances/hardware setups, so it might not be something with an obvious solution.

True, I'm guessing its one they chip away at over multiple patches.

For the uniques I'd like to see them all at least get a combat boost to put them back in line with the base swordsman, with more drastic changes for the Berserker - it just feels like its lacking something extra special to give it its own flavour, perhaps the ability to make sea improvements like the Civ V Samurai? I dunno :confused:

Would make total sense to give them a boost. I'm banking on them leaving it because they seem to always leave a Civ or two behind.

Also a boost to the Harbour/sea tiles in general would be great, as many have suggested in the past.

Agree, if they did this my expectations would be surpassed.

My favorite was the introduction of Darwinism.

Playing as Gorgo last night I met Teddy early and befriended him and the turn after I declared war on Tomyris he thanked me for keeping the peace on the continent. This second Agenda means the Civ ignores 100 warmonger penalty points by the looks of things and just is hilarious when combined with Teddy, yet to see it on Ghandi, sadly it looks like it is limited to 3 civs if I guess correctly.

<Row ListType="DarwinistIgnoreWarmongerValue" Item="PSEUDOYIELD_DIPLOMATIC_BONUS" Value="-100"/>
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_DARWINIST" GameLimit="3"/>

To me this seems to encourage Teddy to be a darwinist

<Row AgendaOne="AGENDA_PEACEKEEPER" AgendaTwo="AGENDA_DARWINIST"/>

#####

as for the patch please lets keep such great improvements to the game and maybe diplomacy will come of age as hinted below

<!-- Nuke lover does not yet have any diplomatic effects. Will go in when we have nuclear proliferation treaties or the equivalent-->
<Row AgendaType="AGENDA_NUKE_LOVER" GameLimit="2"/>

#####

I know its asking a lot but I would like my sea dogs to be more than dogs

I don't expect them to fix the two things that annoy me the most - the last turn bug and the lack of a Hall of Fame, because I expect them to save these for an update that is not free to a lot of players. Getting cynical in my old age.

And for wishful thinking, I'd like to see two new city districts - Canal Zones and Alpine Resorts.
Canal Zones are tiles on plains or hills that allow ship traffic. They would animate like a Panama Canal or something. They add some commerce and some tourism.
Alpine Resorts are tiles on mountains that allow land traffic. They would animate with ski lifts or something. They would add commerce and tourism.

I wa just today thinking about a district that generated envoy points. Either passively, or through a district project, or both.

I wa just today thinking about a district that generated envoy points. Either passively, or through a district project, or both.

great idea.,, maybe better would be a city centre building that did the same. I think it would have to be a unique building in the capital or it will outstrip the government CS Bonus in no time.

Yeah, it strikes me as a little odd that there are so few methods for generating envoy points or abilities that affect them - it's more or less governments and a handful of policy cards. A building or district that interacted with envoy points would be great... Embassy District anyone? I guess that's another thing that would have to wait for an expansion though, that way it could tie in with an enhanced diplomacy system. :undecide:

How about: You generate more envoy points, the more delegations/embassies are in your capital? :p

That's a really great idea that I wish I could like more than once! :D It would be a great way to reward a more peaceful and diplomatic playstyle with the amount of envoy bonuses you could pick up from CS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom