spys/subs and destroyers...

acetoolguy

Chieftain
I know a sub can slip a spy into your Civ. even with closed borders. And destroyers can spot subs. But, if you are not at war with another Civ and spot one of there subs sneaking in with a spy can you do anything about it short of declaring war and attacking the sub?
Thanks in advace....

Keep it in mind the next time that civ comes calling at your diplomatic door. When another civ catches one of your spies, you take a diplomatic hit. Just you can remember it too, and weigh your decision based on this knowledge.

Just one question: if enemy spies are supposed to be invisible, how did you manage to see it in the first place?

I saw the sub and soon after had sabotage warnings. So I am making an assumption the sub delivered the spy because I have closed borders with the vile perps.

i suggest put a spy in the city that might be sabatoged and that way you can spot theirs in the act of the crime.

Another way a spy can get into your land is through an open border agreement with another civ. For example, You may control an entire land mass with Egypt, but Japan can slip a spy onto your land by going onto Egypt first (with an open border agreement), then walking accross land to get to you.

If you're powerful enough you can declare war and sink all the subs you see. That would do it, otherwise the normal spy defenses apply of putting units on valuable resources, have the workers to rebuild, and of course hope they don't want to risk retribution and not sabotage at all.

I suppose another way to control sabotage is to improve your relations with the civ in question so they don't want to "attack" you with sabotage.

In this game the opponent is either a friend or an enemy, and your defenses are either improving relations or declaring war.

I noticed this, too. I think subs act like caravels, in that they can go into non-open borders, regardless. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any peaceful way to stop a sub going into your territory. If the insult were grave enough, I'd consider war on the spot :D

By the way... a spy in enemy (as in at war) territory can't use the roads/rails.

Top Bottom