Spyware

Godwynn

March to the Sea
Is spyware illegal?

Personally, if it isn't it should be. Then once it is, the owner/operator of the website that uploads it without consent should be exterminated with extreme prejudice and have their bodies burned and pissed on.

Same goes for malware and trojan horses.

What do you all think?

I think spyware is illegal, but normally it only comes with things that are already illegal to begin with so you can't really say they're doing something illegal with admitting you also were breaking the law.

Spyware is present on normal sites too. It should be made illegal.

I think spyware is illegal, but normally it only comes with things that are already illegal to begin with so you can't really say they're doing something illegal with admitting you also were breaking the law.

Not necessarily. A lot of times people get spyware by just being stupid. Example: Clicking on an add that promises them a "FREE APPLE IPHONE!" or "ONE CAJILLION DOLLARS" and the like.

It's not only spyware, there are other ways companys try to get sensitive and private data, with the new electronic barcodes and tags things can be traced anytime anywhere. If you bought a couple of shoes yesterday, it could well be that they can trace you where you are now. Luckily spyware is seen as filth on the net and will never be accepted by persons, but just check out the cd you are buying in the store, sometimes you will see that weird "tag (i'm sorry forgot the English word and also don't remember the Dutch one :lol: ), well they use it to trace that cd's location, nowadays you can remove it with your purchase, but some are putting the tag in the object itself and it can't be removed...

Top Bottom