1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SQL newbie question

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Slowpoke, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

I haven't done much SQL, and I'm trying to make early siege weapons not require iron. I tried this:

UPDATE Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements SET Cost = 0 WHERE UnitType IN ("UNIT_CATAPULT","UNIT_TREBUCHET");

However, Iron is still listed as a req in the civilopedia. Which I'm guessing means it either is listed still as a req, but a req of 0, or I just typed it up wrong. Can I just "take out" that table entry for SQL instead of changing the costs? I read Kael's guide and I can't figure out how to do it from there.

2. Kolath

Kolath Eternal Lurker

Simple way to check if you can have a cost of 0. Look at the other rows in Unit_ResourceQuantityRequirements and see if there are any where cost = 0. If not, try deleting the rows where unittype is catapult of trebuchet?

Sorry i don't have a more specific answer. I'm not familiar with the actual DB architecture.

3. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

Ah yeah, I don't know how to add/delete rows is a problem :/ it didn't really say how to in the guide with SQL, as far as I can tell anyways.