SR-71 Blackbird

The_Coyote

Emperor
was on my list (and iirc Ekmek wanted it also)

the SR-71 Blackbird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR-71_Blackbird

the model has 565 vertices and 726 triangles and a relativ dark 256 skin

linked the model to the jetFighter animation (without afterburner)

scale for picture 0.48

i´m still not completely happy with the result, the brightness of the texture could still need a little bit "fine tuning" and the model, not exact what i hoped how it look finally :(. But i think for normal civ scale it´s even so ok.

DB: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9250

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    demo.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 681
nice job the modders and unit makers here at CFC are top notch

Nice plane, the skin is a bit too black for my taste, but I can easily change that if I want to. Thanks ;)

Nice plane, the skin is a bit too black for my taste, but I can easily change that if I want to. Thanks ;)

feel free to post the result :D (for the people who can´t do it)

@ Xenomorph

thanks for the link, would been a great master for the texture (but because i want to learn i look what other people do and than try it myself [knowing that there will be inferior results ;)]. But this way i can learn from my own mistakes - here i think it would be better to extrude the wings to get rid of the hard line between wing and body)

@ all

@The_Coyote

Yeah!!!, I wasn't expecting this aircraft but it is just great to have it, surely the texture could use some work, but overall it is a great model, thanks! :goodjob:

feel free to post the result :D (for the people who can´t do it)

Ok, since you asked for it, here it is, a slightly brightened Blackbird ;)

Left : light version, right : your version

Actually it turns out way darker than the skin itself, both yours and mine.

yes i did, (but after the third trial, i decided to stop) First i had a greybird :crazyeye:, than a really black (only black) bird and third was the last. I´m aware that the texture need tweaking (thanks mamba for sharing yours!), but because of less time to model last week, i decided to push the model out

Top Bottom