SSI Mod

Vadus

pretend the impossible
Hi Folks,

is there a mod, which works like a SSI game ( Panzer General, Pacific General, Peoples General... ) ? I think, such a mod would be very nice to play. You have to capture some target positions in a certain amount of turns, can buy units instead of building some and most fights ends not with the death of the losing unit, but with a weakening. And a big change in tactis is, that you have no unit stacks! If there is not such a mod out there, I think, Dales Combat Mod can be a beginning :)

Funny you should mention Pacific General...

I did a lot of work for that here and especially here.

But Panzer general III sucked, they made the interface to complicated and sucked the fun right out of it.

I thought People's general was pretty cool too...

Funny you should mention Pacific General...

I did a lot of work for that here and especially here.

hey cool ! actually one intention for an Panzer/Pacific General - Civ mod is, that I can not get Pacific General to work with XP, but this XP patch there is hot ! :goodjob:

@jefmart : I think PG3 is cool afterall. Have you played PG4 - Scorched Earth ? This is crappy since you have max. 10 units on the map

I don't want to make a wargame on Civ 4 engine, i don't see the point. But if someone will want to add a wargame-like combat to Civ 4, count me in.

hey cool ! actually one intention for an Panzer/Pacific General - Civ mod is, that I can not get Pacific General to work with XP, but this XP patch there is hot ! :goodjob:
Realize that everything that was in PG1 is now in PacGen... including full-support for European nations, units, scenarios AND CAMPAIGNS. And as you noticed, PacGen will now play-nice with WinXP.

Check-out the Armory E-Roster and Armory custom campaigns to get all that stuff... they come with one-click exe installers, so no computer knowledge is needed to get them working!

PG3 was Scorched Earth, I'm not sure Panzer General 4 was released in the US...

PG3 was Scorched Earth, I'm not sure Panzer General 4 was released in the US...
PG4 is PG3... they're one in the same....

That's because the Germans called PG2 (in America) PG3D in Germany... ergo, PG3 (in America) was called PG4 (in Germany)... but they're the same game.

Nevertheless it would be awesome to see a tactical mod/modbase. without citybuilding, without stacking, just tactical use of units and the map...

Top Bottom