1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ST Galaxy Mirror Universe Scenario

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Pleb, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

ST Mirror Galaxy ModMod
    Version 0.3

Uninstallation:

If you installed a previous version of this scenario, please delete it from your computer first! To do this, delete the file The Galaxy Mirror Universe.CivBeyondSwordWBSave from both the Star Trek\PrivateMaps and ST Galaxy\PrivateMaps folders.

Installation:

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING STAR TREK MOD 4.28

Extract the contents of this zip archive to your Beyond the Sword\Mods folder.
    (Example: C:\Games\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods)

You can then load the scenario the same way you would the normal ST Galaxy scenario, but remember to choose 'The Mirror Galaxy' or 'The Mirror Galaxy No Independent Systems' as your selection.

Change List:

Version 0.3
    • Changed Terran Empire leader to Admiral Gardner.
    • Changed Klingon leader to Regent Worf.
    • Changed Bajoran leader to Intendent Kira.
    • Added Bajor to Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
    • Changed icon for Alliance Headquarters.

Version 0.2
    • Fixed spelling mistakes in Readme.txt
    • Federation Headquarters no longer available for Earth, Vulcan, Tellar or Andor.
    • Ability to found the Federation (create a team with Earth, Vulcan, Tellar and Andor) removed.
    • Alliance Headquarters added for Klingons and Cardassians.
    • Ability to found the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance (create a team with Klingons and Cardassians) added.

Version 0.1
    • United Earth civilization replaced with Terran Empire.
    • Terran Empire starts with Warrior value holy city.
    • Terran Empire starts with Warrior tech.

Bugs/Errors:

As far as am nor aware there shouldn't be any bugs/errors with this release. However, if there are any bug/errors please report them to me, either in this thread or via a PM.

Credits:
    • Jon Deane (deanej) for creating the Star Trek Civilization IV Mod.
    • Admiral_Rockso for giving me the idea to create this scenario.
    • Gene Roddenberry for creating Star Trek.

Download:

ST Mirror Galaxy ModMod v0.3

2. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

Also, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please feel free to voice them in this thread. I'd really like some feedback, positive or negative :D !

3. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

I've already discovered some bugs. Although the Terran Empire cannot found the Federation, the Vulcans, Andorians and Tellarites still have this ability. To remove this as a fuction from the scenario would require editing the XML files (something I am perfectly capable of doing), but to do so would of course require making this a seperate mod-mod.

As I am now stepping beyond the scenario stage and crossing into the mod-mod stage, in my next release I will include the No Independants scenario converted into the Mirror Universe. I may also include the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, although to do this would mean removing the Klingons and Cardassians as seperate races.

I would rather change the Federation feature that joins Earth, Vulcan, Andor and Tellar into an Alliance function that joins the Klingons and Cardassians but at this time have no idea how to even attempt...

Edit: It turns out it is actually very simple to create an event the same as the founding of the Federation. I will endevevour to get this finished and upload a new version later.

4. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

Okay I have uploaded version 0.2 of this scenario/mod-mod. Please remove version 0.1 if you have installed this, it will no longer function after installing 0.2.

Main features are now that Earth, Vulcan, Andor and Tellar no longer have the ability to found the Federation. This has been given to the Klingons and Cardassians to enable founding the Alliance. I decided not to add any other teams as it did not feel in-keeping with the Mirror Universe.

If there are any problems, or any suggestions, please let me know!

5. Admiral_Rockso

Admiral_Rockso Chieftain

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

6. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

That's quite alright. Let me know if there are any issues but this should run exactly the same as the ST Galaxy mod-mod.

7. Pleb

Pleb Jedi Knight

I've uploaded a new version. In this update, I have replaced the Terran leader with Admiral Gardner. I've also replaced the Klingon leader with Regent Worf and the Bajoran leader with Intendent Kira. I've kept their traits the same as they are but carried over the correct Civilization traits (example: Admiral Gardner has Power of the Empire, Intendent Kira has Power of the Resistance, etc).

I've also added Bajor to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, and given them the Alliance Headquarters as well. I've updated the icon for the building as the previous icon is the same as the Federation HQ. It is now the same as the Alliance Civ unique building icon (which is not used in this modmod).

Any problems or suggestions, let me know.