1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stability Maps in the Info Advisor

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by merijn_v1, Dec 18, 2014.

1. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

To avoid confusion with the title of the old thread, I created a new thread. Also, I got a total new approach in creating the maps. The biggest change, all maps are created on the spot, using the most up to date data available. (It only takes a bit more time to generate the maps)

The code has been completely overhauled. It's much more structured now and has more potential for additional features.

Some features:
    - Flipzone maps for all civs.
    - Stability maps for all civs.
    - CNM maps for all civs. If you hoover with your mouse over the map, the name of the city shows up if you would settle on that tile.
    - All maps are created when loading the screen using the data from the version you are in. So if you are on SVN revision 830, the maps will be created with the data of that revision. If you have the latest SVN revision, the maps are created with the data of the latest revision.

Download link
    Unzip it in the RFC DoC folder. (It will ask you if you want to replace some files. Answer yes to that)

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Changes since last revision:

- New map type: CNM maps. All civs have a map which will show the city name if you would settle on a tile (hoover with your mouse over the map)
    - When you hoover over a foreign core or contested area, you get the name of the owner of the core.
    - Fixed some bugs related to respawn civs (Colombia, Mexico etc)
    - Civs that are disabled in GlobalAltDefines are skipped when calculating foreign cores
    - Cleaned up/ streamlined old code

Older versions
    Spoiler :
    - Streamlined code: Faster and more cleaned up
    - Updated Extended core and Foreign core options and buttons
    - Maps automatically update to the current game: It keeps track if other civs switched core and will (if applicable) update historical/contested tiles
    - Bugfix: Old core showed up as contested instead of historical (if it's not in someone elses core) when the extended core option is turned on

- Bugfix - Extended core tiles didn't reset when deselecting the extended core option
    - Extended cores will only work for civs who do have an extended core
    - Rewritten the "foreign core tile" script, this option is much faster now
    - Minor speed increase in map creation

- Maps aren't loaded images anymore. Instead, they are created on when loading the screen.
    - Added an option to show extended cores
    - Flipzone map isn't a big map with all flipzones. Instead, all civs have their own flipzone map
    - Because of the code overhaul, it takes slightly more time to build up the maps. However, they are always up to date.

3. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

After downloading this and checking the maps, I've noticed some odd changes for some civs' maps when the "Extended Core" button is pressed. Some don't make sense, while others I can't find any record of what causes them. I'm posting to ask what data is correct, what is faulty, and what triggers some of the changes if they do occur.

Arabia: Tyre and Babylon are excluded from the Core that is shifted to when Philosophy is researched. Is this accurate?

Byzantium: When the core shrinks to Constantinople, western Anatolia becomes Foreign, while several areas become Historical, including eastern Iberia, Mesopotamia, and Iran. Is this accurate?

China: Shows an occurrence of the Core extending southwards, while Tibet and the Gobi Desert become Historical. Is this accurate? If so, what triggers it?

Congo: Shows an odd fluctuation of Historical area, where much of the Historical area around the Core disappears, while Cape Town and several odd areas (including south Japan) become Historical. Is this accurate? If so, what triggers it (and is it intentional)?

Greece: Shows the Core shrink to just Greece and Crete, while the Historical area shrinks to just the southern Balkans, Constantinople, and western Anatolia. I'm guessing this is for if the Greeks respawn. Is this so? If not, is it accurate (and if so, what triggers it)?

India: Historical area expands to include much of western Indochina, including Pagan. Is this accurate? If so, what triggers it?

Korea: Historical are expands to include much of Manchuria. Is this accurate? If so, what triggers it?

Mughals: Core expands (though it doesn't seem to add anything significant), and the Historical area expands to include the entirety of the Indian subcontinent and Sri Lanka. Is this accurate? If so, what triggers it?

Rome: Core area and Historical area change to become virtually identical to pre-Industrial Italy. A relic of an old attempt at adding Italy as a Roman respawn before changing it to a separate civ? If not, is it accurate (and if so, what triggers it)?

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The code loads the information stored in consts.py and CvRhyess.cpp. My modcomp only loads the info. To get the extended core info, I set iReborn to 1 (like the game does), and then load the stability info for the civs. I don't know what will trigger the switch, it will only show what is defined as the new core if it would (hypothetically in some cases) happen when the switch occurs.

That means it is possible the extended core is different from the vanilla core. (It all depends on what is defined in the consts.py) But it doesn't mean the switch will be triggered in the game. It only says the vanilla core and extended core is defined differently.

So you actually should ask Leoreth if the maps are defined accurately. I only load the info he said they should be when the core-shift happens.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Some of these are indeed mistakes, but others are civilizations whose core never changes, so I'm wondering why you're displaying them. For example Rome and India.

6. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I was under the assumption that the normal and extended maps would be the same if that civ doesn't make the switch, so it wouldn't be visible. Do you have a list of the civs which map don't change in the game?

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Most don't. Before I started abusing the rebirth mechanic for core changes and the like, I didn't update the secondary stability map whenever I changed the primary one, because I was under the assumption that they will never be used unless I choose this slot for a rebirth later on, in which case I would likely redo them anyway. So they are sometimes out of synch.

I think only the following civs use the alternate stability maps in any way:
    - Japan
    - HRE
    - Greece
    - Turkey
    - Byzantium
    - Spain
    - Moors
    - Khmer

plus Persia, Maya, Aztecs for Iran, Colombia, Mexico.

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Stupid me. I could easily search every python file for "setReborn" with Notepad++. Easy to spot every civ that has extended cores.

List:
    Spoiler :
    Turkey
    Byzantium
    Carthage
    Inca - Is set to reborn upon becoming a vassal, but the maps doesn't change
    Mongolia
    Spain
    Moors
    Italy
    Arabia
    Japan
    Germany
    HRE
    Khmer
    Greece
    China

9. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

New version is up.

- Bugfix - Extended core tiles didn't reset when deselecting the extended core option
    - Extended cores will only work for civs who do have an extended core
    - Rewritten the "foreign core tile" script, this option is much faster now
    - Minor speed increase in map creation

10. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

More than I thought. Now I'm curious to see for which the stability maps differ.

11. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The list I made contain all civs I could find connected to a setReborn function. Only the map of the Inca doesn't change.

12. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

Okay, things are mostly fixed. The only three civs I've found issues with are Japan, Byzantium, and China - and the problems with the first two are better suited for the Bug Reports thread (where I'll be posting as soon as this message goes up). The only question is what, if anything, triggers the change in China's Core and Historical areas.

13. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The Chinese map changes when China respawns after the Mongolian spawn (date).

14. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Update:

- Streamlined code: Faster and more cleaned up
    - Updated Extended core and Foreign core options and buttons
    - Maps automatically update to the current game: It keeps track if other civs switched core and will (if applicable) update historical/contested tiles
    - Bugfix: Old core showed up as contested instead of historical (if it's not in someone elses core) when the extended core option is turned on

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Again, new version:

- New map type: CNM maps. All civs have a map which will show the city name if you would settle on a tile (hoover with your mouse over the map)
    - When you hoover over a foreign core or contested area, you get the name of the owner of the core.
    - Fixed some bugs related to respawn civs (Colombia, Mexico etc)
    - Civs that are disabled in GlobalAltDefines are skipped when calculating foreign cores
    - Cleaned up/ streamlined old code

16. ales_

ales_ Heir

How does it work? Can you post a picture?

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Hoover with you mouse over the map. The names will show up near your mouse.
    (I assume you want to know how to use it. If you did mean you want to know how the technical part works, let me know and I will explain it)

I will post a picture soon. But it is just the base map like the others, but without the spawn tiles/ stability tiles on it. ;)

18. ales_

ales_ Heir

Thank you.

19. alpav

alpav Prince

I tried updating this and I'm now getting widget errors, as well the stability function doesn't work anymore. Simply, no info is displayed on the map.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

That's unfortunate. Can you post a screenshot?

Do you happen to know what buttons you clicked, and also in what order? So I can reproduce it for myself.