Stable but I collapse anyway

I'm having a pretty frustrating situation.

I was on collapse and I used the World Builder to put jails, courthouses, markets, and banks on my cities, and upgraded every cottage to town. By doing this I managed to change my situation from collapsing to stable. I enter a new turn but I collapse anyway.

Attachments

• Napoleon AD-1766 Turn 343.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
When you're in a situation that leads to collapse, the game schedules your collapse for next turn (mostly because collapsing in the middle of the turn can lead to all sorts of inconsistencies). So it's probably too late to save that game from that save, maybe you can try with an earlier saved game.

Once a collapse is triggered, a countdown is initiated. The next turn you really collapse. Once this countdown is initiated, there is no way of preventing the collapse. In your savegame, this countdown is already initiated, so what you did with the worldbuilder will not prevent collapse.

You can use the worldbuilder to reset this countdown. Go to the StoredData screen, select "civilization data" (dropdown menu) and your civ. Search for "iTurnsToCollapse" and set the value to -1.

Once a collapse is triggered, a countdown is initiated. The next turn you really collapse. Once this countdown is initiated, there is no way of preventing the collapse. In your savegame, this countdown is already initiated, so what you did with the worldbuilder will not prevent collapse.

You can use the worldbuilder to reset this countdown. Go to the StoredData screen, select "civilization data" (dropdown menu) and your civ. Search for "iTurnsToCollapse" and set the value to -1.

Does that stop it temporally or permanently? If permanently, how do I get my ability to collapse back?
(I don't want to be immune, just get out of this situation)

It will only stop the current collapse that is already underway. If your stability is bad enough for a collapse in the future, the collapse countdown will be triggered again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom