1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stackless python?!?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - SDK/Python' started by zappara, Jun 23, 2010.

1. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I was searching the net for some python information and came across Stackless python.

Here's short description about it:

Would this be something that can be used in Civ 4? For example convert the game UI to use those so called 'tasklets' to improve the game's overal performance? I'm not that familiar with python coding so I'll let you guru's figure this out and perhaps give some answers? :)

Apparently Eve Online uses Stackless python in some way and they've had 60k players online at the same time so I'm pretty sure this Stackless system works also in multiplayer environment...

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Without looking at the website (problems loading it):
    Seems to be interesting, but the problem is, that the Civ4 python interpreter is included in the .exe, and an enhanced version of python means sure an enhanced interpreteter -> as long as we can't recompile the .exe, it's probably not possible to integrate it.