Staff Service Promotions

Thanks for all the congratulations. I'm flattered to have been asked to take over part of ainwood's duties. I see myself as the "tech guru," with Lefty and the other admins being the "policy gurus."

I've played all the games in the Civilization series since the original release. I'm especially a big fan of Alpha Centauri/Alien Crossfire, which I played nearly every day for many years. I've also provided tech support for SMACX (and other Civ games) for about 15 years.

I'll add new smileys to my to-do list, although it may take me some time to get up to speed on these matters.

So, once again, thanks for all the good wishes.

You get the strongest voice on whatever policy matters you choose to engage on.

Policy is now a very collaborative matter with the majority of discussion being in the main staff forum, where any staff members can participate and forward proposals, if they are interested in a subject. Decisions are eventually made by the admins and supermoderators as a group, again with participation varying according to who is interest in a subject. This devolution of policy discussion to include more staff and more brainstorming was one of my assigned missions when I was made an admin, because the previous form of discussion had become rather moribund. Discussions are much livelier now, but with little different effect on the pace of change. Even with many more ideas floated, tradition and how things have been previously done still win often.
The dynamics of a diverse volunteer staff, with wide variances of interest in different subjects, is really quite interesting, but I will not share my main techniques for magnifying one's own political clout.

EQandcivfanatic has been promoted to moderator.

Just goes to show, if you go on a profanity-laced online rant against a certain community of people the mods hate, it's a great way to get bumped up the chain of command!

You people are so corrupt it isn't even funny.
Moderator Action: Infraction for trolling and flaming
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

joncnunn has been promoted to moderator.

Why is ainwood listed as ‘consultant’?

Look at the position "consultant" occupies. It is his personally chosen 'custom title'. You need to contact him to ask why he chose it. My guess is that it means when Petek needs help, he emails ainwood to find out how to do something.

leif erikson has been promoted to Administrator, to specialize in supporting GOTM, HOF, and Content Staff Sections.

Congratulations to leif erikson. Hopefully this leads to many great developments :)

Yeah, that was some guy perma-banned in the early years of the forum, to whose attention many PMs meant for leif erikson were being misdirected. Therefore I renamed the account as you found.

Rob (R8XFT)
and
Browd
have ascended to Senior Moderator.

Top Bottom