1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

stAmen7NES1 - Sarevok's "The Old Empires"

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Amenhotep7, Apr 11, 2004.

1. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

Best Warmongoer: If not me, Das, for GIA and excelling the best in the end, and still good to invade another nation.
    Best Diplomat: Benelux as said, and England.
    Worst Diplomat: Erez, lol, funnyiest reasoning. No hardfeelings though. :)
    Best Naval Power: England, obviously.
    Best Armed Force Power: Germany.
    Best Strategies: Dunno...
    Best Culture: Mongolia
    Best Nation: Mongolia
    Best Player: Grandmaster
    Most Respected ideas and army:

Most of these have been done by Amen, but why not the players participate? :) Like a players award and the moderators award.

EDITl: NOT FINISHED, BE BACK AND FINISH IT.

2. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I'm the only player who took the most minor power and made it into a world power :)

3. amirsan

lol... I dont know about a world power.... but you did make it better. I did the same though :p

4. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

The BEst Culture/Best NAtion thing... I dunno, if we let the players do it, wouldn't the answers be a bit biased?:p;)

Lemme brainstorm tonite, and I'll open a preview thread tommorow.:)

5. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

Hey, u didn't have a worse warmonger as a selection! U have to honor those who loses, cuz without them, there's no winner!:)

6. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

Worst Warmonger goes to Czarist Russia. Attacks on two fronts combined with a revolution crippled 'em.;)

7. amirsan

lol, forget my idea, it would be biased, lol. On to the new era!

8. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

As a longtime lurker of this thread, I'd like to know two things:

First, who really assasinated the Zulu president?

Second, how did the Mongols manage to get their planes over European cities? Did they have a European ally? If so, who?

9. alex994

I want to no too!

10. Amenhotep7

Amenhotep7 Spartiate

Answer to Question 1: It was a Zulu extremist. Most likely an anarchist or commie. But Zululand pinned the blame on Canada. I wonder if the war would have happened if that didn't happen.:hmm:

2: Spain gave them usage of the Baleares. He said a WWI plane could accomplish it, so I trusted him.

11. amirsan

Lol, yeah, we wanted war anyways, Canada was soo annoying, and we would have had much evidence if we saved the AIM convo. He spcifically said, beware, or else your leader will be shot. Something like that, thats why we were led to believe it was them.

But I made orders to move the location of the leader, how is an extremist going to know and not a nation?

12. das

das Regeneration In Process

War was inevitable.

ME! Seriously, why not?

As for Best Strategies, well, I'm alittle biased, but I nominate myself. I managed to seed much discontence in the enemy population, sink lots of ships, and drag PATO into Vietnam. You don't see much intact cities in Mongolia nowadays!

I think that actually, Grandmaster had the best stories. If misinformed, well, propaganda doesn't need to have any truth in it...

I believe that GOOD planes with WWI technology (and we Mongols were the second to use planes in this NES, and it gained our prefferance quickly) COULD fly to Paris. Why not?

Some trivia:
    - Did you know that France said it plans to assist the GIA, and that almost leaked to the press (BTW, azale, did you betray us because someone guessed, or did Grandmaster suggest that you deceive us like that?)?
    - Did you know that Mongolia and Japan agreed to a secret cease-fire?
    - Did you know that Mongolia warned Japan about China, in exchange for help that never came (that's what telling your plans to everyone gives you, alex!)?
    - Did you know that Quebec almost seceded from Canada?
    - Did you know that Germany almost joined into the war on Mongol side during Norseone's reign (sometimes during 1917, I think)?
    - Did you know that I planned the Communist rebellion all along?
    - Did you know that GIA could have won even bigger had I went along with my Plan B (defenses in India, mass offensive in Africa to meet with the Zulus) instead of invading India?
    - Did you know that I planned to conquer Nazi Israel?
    - Did you know that poison gas is bad for your health (I bet you didn't)?

13. alex994

@Das, i thought that would've happened. So i called for aid from my Communist Comrade Lenin. And i was still winning until some tanks from Europe came along.... He told me u had a cease-fire though. The he was the player who was playing Japan whom i've forgotten, but hey, China's a power to be reconked with nowdays, my first objective is complete. And i didn't believe that u would've attacked China anyways, since u were busy elsewhere.

14. Kamilian

Kamilian Chieftain

lol nice trivia section, das.

*sarcastically*now i can finally go to sleep without wondering "why are we here?" anymore*sarcastically*

j/k ;)

i didnt figure that you would plant communist revolution in your own lands, though...

15. das

I wouldn't have attacked China, alex. I merely told the Japanese you were going to attack, I believe that if the Japanese were caught off-guard you would have had more success.

I hope Mongolia (now UMEPR) is not the last nation to be hit by communism. May the final result of this NES be 1984!

BTW, does anyone else have some interesting "trivia"? I mean, there were lots of secret PMs going around, no doubt. And also many people probably had some secret evil plans...

16. Kamilian

Kamilian Chieftain

I don't want communism to drop out of existence in the sequel, either. I mean I don't want the WHOLE world to be communist in the sequel either cuz that would just make it dull, but you know - have a few strong communist countries and some weaker ones. And perhaps a few strong fascists and a few weak ones, with the democratic or non-communist/non-fascist countries also having a similar balance... I don't know. I'm trusting Amen to make his decision :D

Anyways, while most of my orders for this NES in the short time were PM-ed, I don't think I have any interesting trivia. I wasn't here long enough to start plotting against anyone, really.
    Except for the Slavic revolutions in German Empire, of course...

17. das

I mean at the end of the next part of this NES. If we win, that is.

18. amirsan

Oh yes! About France's betrayel. That was a very good plan, we knew PATO's strategy for the first couple of turns, sinse France fowarded to us. For some reason they werent trusted anymore, if so, PATO would have been finished in 2 turns with all of US' troops going to France. :p

Zululand was always planning to finish off Canada in Africa, luckily they sold thier colonies, or it would have been war all over again.

19. human-slaughter

human-slaughter brand new year

WOHOO Go Byzantium Backstabber Extrodinair kneal before me

20. das

Quite. BTW WWI planes can't really bear lots of paratroopers. The Russians DID use paratroopers during the Russian Civil War in OTL, but they could drop only a few troops and didn't play a decisive role.