Star Gate unit: Asgard Mothership

TheMorpheus

Welcome to the real world
ASGARD MOTHERSHIP
Feared by Goa'uld across the galaxy, the Asgard mothership is the main arsenal of defense for the Asgard fleet. Incorporating the general shape of Thor's Hammer at its bow, the Asgard mothership is a relatively flat vessel with two vertical hyperdrive engines at the stern, giving the ship a sleek, streamlined look.
Within the vessel are many labyrinth-like, curved corridors in exotic, violet tones. The ship is equipped with a deceleration drive to facilitate the return to normal velocities after exiting hyperspace. The ship is also equipped with advanced weapons, and multiple transporter arrays.
The most well-known of all Asgard motherships is the Asgard ship Beliskner, commanded by Supreme Commander Thor and nicknamed "Thor's Chariot." It was the flagship of the fleet before being destroyed in Earth's atmosphere.
Source: www.gateworld.net

Movie shot:

Attack animation without texture:

Attack animation with texture:

What's better?

Morpheus, if i remember correctly the Asgard energy weapons were golden energy when discharged, and were one at a time, not a stream of blue pods. Also the back up down structures are too small, and your "wings in the back are too small also. Just a little constructive critisim. It is a damn good start on the ship though!:D

Cheers Thorgrimm

meat- no idea what it is, but neat (and I think the second one looks better)

Morpheus here is another pic to illustrate what i meant.

Cheers Thorgrimm

this one is dark, but it illustrates the ass end a little better.

Cheers Thorgrimm

thanx so much Morpheus

Ive really been waiting for a stargate unit. Well cant w8 till its done.

I've only seen the ship once so im not so sure wat its like exactly but thanx a lot

I resized the bridge and the wings. Additional I changed the color on some parts.

Here a first preview of the beam attack.

Attachments

• asgardshipattackgold.gif
    asgardshipattackgold.gif
    79 KB · Views: 1,401
Morpheus, the beam attacks look good, but your stern up down pylons need to be detached from the center of the hull like columns. Also, the forward command hull needs to be wider, sort of like a hammerhead sharks head. Damn good look so far!:goodjob: Keep up the good work!

@Kentarka, putting the Asgard ship in a ST mod as a minor race would be an insult to the Asgard!;) :D

Cheers Thorgrimm

As i said im not so sure wat the ship lookz like but so far. Great Unit.

Thanx 4 all ur help every1.

any other ships planned afte this one?

yeah, its the star gate units I like- I'm growing to be a reguler watcher of the show (my mom has it on when ever it coem son about, and the show has grown on, particuraley since it made the switch tot he sci-fi channel, dispite the fact I usually find stuiff on that channel weird/disgusting, or... well.. i odnt know what, but its to be avoided as well ;))

that said, if you know that one ship used by the guld or whateve they are called, that you see in the plantent side battles- the big kind you see go on strafeing runs, and unload huge amounts fo troops from, that woul dbe a cool ship...

Originally posted by TheMorpheus
The Osiris ship will be next one for Stargate and of course StarTrek and StarWars units. You could find my current projects in my signature ;)

And perhaps some myth units from AoM, if I get the ok from ensemble studios.

soem of the troops, like the third age hoplite, and the myrmydon woul dbe much appreciated as well ;)

that said, i doubt your gpoing to get any sort of response from ensemble, but its always possible you might

right on :goodjob:

Just a note about the attack animation. Actually, from the series, the Asgard weapons look more like the tractor beams in Star Trek than actual beams of light, and don't have any explosions at the end either, It vaporizes everything it targets.

These ships aren't see very often, usually only in episodes when they get destroyed. :)

btw, season finale is next friday at 9:00 PM.

Top Bottom