Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Well I just checked this out a few minutes ago. But I think I will remain independent for now. Party selection may come later.

Be welcome to our humble political simulation in the glorious and purely Japanese Japan ;)

Is it me, or has all our PC gone down?
DT

Yeah I noticed that earlier. LH 'updated' it apparently...I don't know what happened except I gained some to start me off.

Welcome Arya. Do you want to join the Federal party?

No. I do not intend to commit political suicide. At least not until the great Ravus commands it.

You have just commited a political suicide.

No. I do not intend to commit political suicide. At least not until the great Ravus commands it.

A good ooc chuckle there :lol::lmao:

The results of the meeting were not unexpected. Fargle had not really expected the Shogun to publicly abandon his party ethos just for the allure of riches. Not immediately at least. This did not make it any less infuriating.

Stupid, blinkered fools! Did they not realise that isolation would do nothing but make them pariahs on the world stage? That it would make them easy targets while the rest of the world's Great Immortals would gather and laugh at Japanese backwardness while they drew plans for how split Kyoto between themselves once they conquered it?

As a result the snarl of exasperation he expelled upon realising just who he had crashed into as he strode away from the Palace would have sent even the most vicious attack dogs running for the hills.

"Oh sweet f*** ! You're here too? ... Whatever. I don't have time for this. Knowing His Holiness he's already got plans for you and my getting involved would only complicate things."

Fargle gave another snort of disgust and strode off, leaving a very bewildered Arya behind in his wake.

That evening, as the Sun was setting the curious populace of Kyoto found an announcement pinned in the Town Square declaring to all the formation of:

THE MERCANTILIST'S GUILD PARTY FOR TRADE AND COMMERCE

EDIT: We're not allowed to swear here? That sucks.

You have just commited a political suicide.

How so?

The results of the meeting were not unexpected. Fargle had not really expected the Shogun to publicly abandon his party ethos just for the allure of riches. Not immediately at least. This did not make it any less infuriating.

Stupid, blinkered fools! Did they not realise that isolation would do nothing but make them pariahs on the world stage? That it would make them easy targets while the rest of the world's Great Immortals would gather and laugh at Japanese backwardness while they drew plans for how split Kyoto between themselves once they conquered it?

As a result the snarl of exasperation he expelled upon realising just who he had crashed into as he strode away from the Palace would have sent even the most vicious attack dogs running for the hills.

"Oh sweet f*** ! You're here too? ... Whatever. I don't have time for this. Knowing His Holiness he's already got plans for you and my getting involved would only complicate things."

Fargle gave another snort of disgust and strode off, leaving a very bewildered Arya behind in his wake.

That evening, as the Sun was setting the curious populace of Kyoto found an announcement pinned in the Town Square declaring to all the formation of:

THE MERCANTILIST'S GUILD PARTY FOR TRADE AND COMMERCE

EDIT: We're not allowed to swear here? That sucks.

Hmmm I may even join this party.

Was nobody glad to see him?

Arya walked into the wilderness, heading for the snow tipped mountains in the distance. Already some miles from capital of the Japanese, he felt he already needed a break from the politics. Not only were they isolationist and impossibly stubborn here, but there was this crazy f***** named Christos who kept saying Arya had committed political Suicide.

Arya had a long and complicated past. He was not of the star, but of the moon. Not of the Samurai, but of the Phalanx. Not of the city, but of the wilderness. And so he had decided to go to the mountains he could see on the horizon to go for some much needed time alone from the short slant eyed peoples. If only he were back in Sparta...but no, he was serving a greater purpose here.

Ah, a deer. Bounding in the distance, Arya halted briefly and pulled out his bow. Nocking an arrow, he aimed down the sights at his dinner.

How fragile life really is, he thought, a second before he let go of a piece of wooden death.

The Extended Plan has been submitted. I am now proceeding to draft laws to enshrine the democratic process, provide a means of deposing a shogun without internecine conflict, and ensure the priveleges of japanese citizens are protected

These laws shall be proposed to the cabinet by tomorrow for comment, and then if there is no major problem they shall be proposed publicly. After public feedback and after any alterations are made the entirety of the laws proposed, including those previously mentioned will be officially made the law of the Empire.

Captain Fargle what is your plan? I want to join an up and coming party instead of being in da nubz party.

I might write a story later. It's kinda impossible on a hand held so I will wait until I get access to a computer.

Arya, we beleive in a federal gonverment. So why not join my party??

ooc: Why not?
A: The most famous player in RP gave you advice which you ignored
B: Yet another veteran RP player refused to join your party, saying that it would be Political Suicide

Is that reason enough for anyone?

No. You just dont understand.

OOC, as a purist Japanese I would never quote a brit, but I need to make my point

"Being gifted with extra ordinary intelligence as I am, Harry, I understand quite a bit more than you think I do." -Albus Dumbledore

We are at a point where it is who trusts who's intelligence and insight. Neither of us can convince the other.

Top Bottom