Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Hmm. It would seem to me that the logical compromise would be to kill all the adults and assimilate the young children, though there is nothing in my ideology that proposes that these refugees who will soon be one with us should be all killed.

-Nukeknockout

foreigners by their very presence corrupt. We must not grant them entry, let them wander in the wilds for it is no loss to Japan to not grant them entrance.

Do what you want with them, but for the safety of our culture and lifestyle they must not be in our pure Japanese lands.

Unless they have giant robots to use as tribute, turn then away

Resource Bubbles? Some of us don't have Civ5 ya'know. :p

Extra people will strengthen the Nation! They can provide us more farmers and craftsmen!

DT

Foolishness, extra people will weaken the nation by corrupting the purity of the japanese nation.

*Examines Civilopedia*

Hmm, the online civilopedia doesn't even have stone, but it looks like resources don't speed wonders any more. :( Still, I like wonderspamming anyway, and raw materials give me a nice IC reason to do so... ;)

@Jehoshua- Having slaves will hardly weaken us.

DT

There is no logical reason to turn the Danes away. There are better reasons to allow them than to kill them or deny them entry:

1) They will provide additional labor for our people, whether as slaves or as assimilated Japanese citizens.
2) They might know something useful. What if one of those among the Danes, or one of their descendents is a great inventor (of Giant Death Robots), scientist, or achitect? Do we want our enemies to gain knowledge of this before us?
3) The people that join us may also be used as soldiers in the event of war with one of the surrounding nations.
4) Paranoid Xenophobes: Why should we worry about a tiny group of foreigners? We can seperate the children from the adults, let the adults die off, and then teach the children our ways. They will not contaminate our culture, and will provide additional labor for us.

@DT: EXACTLY!

And concerning stone: it is a production increasing natural resource that requires a quarry to access. It is like marble, except marble is a luxury resource that boosts wonder production.

The President has made his decision. He graciously thanks all the members of the Council for their input.

The people of Denmark have been turned away.

Now, another decision must be made - shall we send warriors with them to guide them and help them establish a subordinated(puppet) enclave? Or do we cast them away to their fate?

-L

The resource gist is that there's stone and marble in that order to our west, and silk in those trees to the southeast and northwest.

All three are luxury resources.

-L

stone's a luxury resource?:eek:

OOC: Would the puppet enclave create unhappiness like it does with regular puppet states? Will we have the option to annex later?

stone's a luxury resource?:eek:
No, it's a natural resource.

It would function completely like a normal puppet state. And yes, we would.

OOC: One of the functions of the In-Game Editor is that I can create cities, and set them as "Puppet" "Occupied" and "Normal" whenever I want. I think I can affect happiness too, but I'm not sure.

@Lelouch: Bah. Whatevski :p

-L

OOC: Would the puppet enclave create unhappiness like it does with regular puppet states? Will we have the option to annex later?

Puppet States do create unhappiness, but less than annexing does, and the fact that they will be constantly spamming support structures throughout the game more than makes up for it.

-Nukeknockout

Ah. Thank you. I'm somewhat familiar with the IGE (using it in my own RP reboot).

So, now my position:

If the Danes continue to move on, they may give the same offer to another civilization. Despite the negative affects it may have, we cannot allow our neighbors to gain additional cities before we do. It will put them far ahead of us in expanding and may take the best spots for our own Japanese cities.

So, I am for the formation of a subordinate state.

@Nuke: The problem with puppeted states is that they never seem to build courthouses to eliminate the unhappiness. The unhapiness from annexed states can be eliminated with Courthouses.

And concerning stone: it is a production increasing natural resource that requires a quarry to access. It is like marble, except marble is a luxury resource that boosts wonder production.

So having stone and Marble will give us a concrete bonus to Wonders? Good... :mischief:

I agree that we should allow the Danes to form a subordinate state. Better to strengthen us than our enemies after all.

DT

We must not. Even puppeting their settlement would be contaminating to our culture if we recognise them as Japanese. The Soldiers should kill the adults and build a Danish-assimilated-Japanese settlement or kill them all to stop them from occupying our Seisoku Kankyō (Vital Space).

@Nuke: The problem with puppeted states is that they never seem to build courthouses to eliminate the unhappiness. The unhapiness from annexed states can be eliminated with Courthouses.

I may be wrong, but I played games as Japan & India, and my numerous puppets either stopped generating unhappiness or built enough Colosseums between them that they provided a net gain of happiness, because in both cases I wound up being up in the +15 or so.

-Nukeknockout

Regarding the issue of the gaijin - I volunteer to head a party to slaughter all and every single one of them. There's nothing we can learn from that sorry lot.

The danes should all be assimilated in japanese culture. Instead of killing them we should force them to be educated in the japanese culture.

Top Bottom