Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

By the way, I'm glad you appreciate my sense of humour, Tim. I'm just naturally funny like that. ;)

That was awesome...unfortunately it was the best reaction to my carefully contrived mid day puzzle that no one ever solved and seemingly no one even really looked at other than in passing.

I am particularly disappointed in my OT friends that didn't recognize that I never do anything just whimsically.

He truly was a paragon of towniness

You know, that was my biggest lead on you. It was a mostly useless thing to say (though I didn't complain when you said it about me).

You know, that was my biggest lead on you. It was a mostly useless thing to say (though I didn't complain when you said it about me).
So here was basically trying to say without outright saying it, LA was not an officer. I think that Monty and a few other people got it

When you started saying that you and Arakhor were paragons of townieness we did have a bit of a laugh in the dead QT. :D

I am particularly disappointed in my OT friends that didn't recognize that I never do anything just whimsically.

Was I actually the first person to notice that the game rules were different, i.e. about the Klingons only needing to ID the officers etc.? It rather seemed like people hadn't noticed that the rules were really quite different this time.

Yeah, he had input to the morning briefings. I'll let him explain his reasoning for the thing with Visor, but it actually did make sense. A whole lot for sense than it appeared to make to me before he explained it.

Speaking of the illustrious Captain Kirk... @Synsensa where are you?

TakhisisPerson was signed in when posted
That's an interesting duel. Dolbster with his big scimitar and Visor with his whip…

Ftr this is exactly how I envision myself

Was I actually the first person to notice that the game rules were different, i.e. about the Klingons only needing to ID the officers etc.? It rather seemed like people hadn't noticed that the rules were really quite different this time.
I did, of course, but I was expressly told so in my Rôle PM. it's a pity that the rôleplaying didn't get through to everybody. :(
TakhisisPerson was signed in when posted
That's an interesting duel. Dolbster with his big scimitar and Visor with his whip…

Ftr this is exactly how I envision myself
If you're gonna be a villain then do it with style.

but Visor did find his revolver after all.

Possibly. I was by then in such a dither over the fact that apparently no one noticed that I wasn't sure who actually had, or when.

Again, apologies to the Klingons if I seemed a bit harsh about that early on in the dead chat. Part of your advantage was supposed to be that you went in with the VC clearly stated in your role, while the crew didn't really get it clearly spelled out until D2.

Also I never got to post this:

From the Dead QT about me: Sometime tonight he is going to discover someone's identity...information he will presumably want to use in whatever way he can to end the game sooner, since his only objective is to live to the end

That is in fact entirely what I did. My biggest source of tension in the game was that I'd be going all out to help Starfleet and then die overnight and not even enjoy my win.

Speaking of the illustrious Captain Kirk... @Synsensa where are you?

Catching up. Caught up just as you posted this.

Well, if Synsensa was Kirk, that explains why he was willing to accept his own broadcast at face value, but it seems like he got the worst possible idea about Visor. :)

Yeah, he had input to the morning briefings. I'll let him explain his reasoning for the thing with Visor, but it actually did make sense. A whole lot for sense than it appeared to make to me before he explained it.

Picking Visorslash was intentional, and not because I actually thought he was a klingon.

After I picked him:

God I really hope this bait works

(Tim asks what I mean by that)

How do you make a read if you know that people who are innocent are purposely behaving as though they aren't? People are acting scummy, but now we know that their acting is quite possibly innocent, which provides real scum ample cover.

My thinking here is that the Visor bait might get a real klingon to slip. If he gets mislynched, the rest of town will go back to the original plan and Kirk's report loses cachet. It's in their best interest to try and force that wagon as it very likely hands them the game. For town, the current plan has almost no value since it's now been established that "acts like a klingon and walks like a klingon" very well can mean "is really just a nice Starfleet lad." So spacing the people who are acting like scum is no longer a "safe bet."

Possible obstacles:

1. Visor actually is a klingon, and his response is slight panic. Which means the people pushing the wagon are possibly, likely town.
2. Visor is GOD DAMN SPOCK, and the klingons already know this is a ruse, making it dead on delivery. Which means the people pushing the wagon are possibly, likely town.

After that, I just didn't bother with any other. I didn't get any of Spock's scan results so anything I could have come up with would have just been conjecture and useless. I picked myself last night both for the lulz and with the very distant hope that the bait would work again. And it did -- but only because Visor scanned Dolbster the same night.

Judging by your comments in the Dead QT, Tim, did you randomly generate which Klingon I'd discover? Given that we were already pretty sure about Snerk, I thought you were just taking the easy option for giving me Snerk's name, though it meant that I didn't seem out of place pushing him heavily on D4.

After that, I just didn't bother with any other. I didn't get any of Spock's scan results so anything I could have come up with would have just been conjecture and useless. I picked myself last night both for the lulz and with the very distant hope that the bait would work again. And it did -- but only because Visor scanned Dolbster the same night.

Well, you did get notified that Spock finally got his tricorder to work...just in time to scan you, which was hilarious.

Judging by your comments in the Dead QT, Tim, did you randomly generate which Klingon I'd discover? Given that we were already pretty sure about Snerk, I thought you were just taking the easy option for giving me Snerk's name, though it meant that I didn't seem out of place pushing him heavily on D4.

Yeah that was a coin toss that could have had massive effects in the game. Though I wasn't sure what you would have done if it came up Dolbster. He was running so high on town cred at that point that if you had started pushing him you may have just gotten yourself NKed.

Top Bottom