1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

EOD, so in five hours + however long it takes Tim to write up the report. Then we can talk for a little after that... then silence until night's over.

2. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

sommer agreed that csargo is town for no reason, calls mary town for no reason, I can't make any sense oout of the way he talks about tak

think this guy has a decent shot at being Just A Wolf, actually

3. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Pimps restored. :cool:

4. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

current tally?

5. aimeeandbeatles

Also Mr. Synsensa did you post your thoughts on players anywher?e:sheep:

6. Winston Hughes

Snerk
    Arrives nine hours in with a joke vote on Johanna (231). Talks scum numbers, then comments on lack of activity from Manasi and Mary.

Calls Winston wolfy for drunk reads stuff. Doesn't oversell it. Feels probing. Let's me talk a bit, then follows up with vote. (247) Then continues questioning, asking me who my buddies are. Well handled as either alignment - looks like genuine early-game towning.

Comes back at me again ~9 hours later for the "wouldn't do this as a wolf" bit. Same vibe. No oversell, just probing. Only concern here is a lack of the same in other directions, but it's consistent with what I remember of Snerk as town.

Returns today asking Visor for reads.

Back four hours later with big reads list. (640) Feels like he's talking to himself, which I like a lot. Looks like the a genuine sorting process. Worth a Jebus on its own. Very nice post if scum.

Picks Visor as dark horse scum for lack of usual assertiveness. Valid point, following up the earlier question, and made against someone he wouldn't want to pick a fight with if he was scum.

Responds to Zack question about comparison of Tak's scum game to this. All still feels natural.

Switches vote to Csargo wagon. No direct reason given beyond mention in reads list. Feels bolder than if he'd seen the need to explain, which again looks good.

Snerk's playing a smart game as either alignment here, but I'd say it's much more likely to be townie, just because it's a lot harder to fake than to do it for real.

:jesus::jesus::jesus:

7. Synsensa

Yes, in this thread, even.

8. Winston Hughes

That apostrophe is painful to me. :blush:

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  9. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

:king:
    Zack

Hey, that's me. :hatsoff:

:love:
    Yakostovian
    Winston Hughes

Reasonably confident the above two are villagers. Wouldn't touch them anytime soon. :bowdown:

:grouphug:
    Dolbster
    Synsensa
    Pzelda
    LordArgon
    aimeeandbeatles

This group is people who I don't think have done anything egregious and have some mild points in their favor, there could be wolves or third-parties or whatever in that list but currently I don't really see it and I'm not interested in looking here today at least. :beer:

:dunno:
    JohannaK
    Manasi
    Arakhor
    Snerk
    Empoof
    Visorslash

Shrug. I don't want to kill these people but I don't find them particularly towny. :think:

:hmm:

RRRaskolnikov
    Montmorency
    MaryKB
    Sommerswerd
    Takhisis

Meh, people who are a bit suspicious but I wouldn't be shocked or anything if they flipped town. Monty is bizarrely quiet if he's a villager, Rask's posts are pretty meh on reflection and if he's town he can do better, Mary's posts feel a bit staged and leave a lot to be desired. Sommer has no real process or reasoning that I can see and has made bad posts townreading wolfy people for abstruse reasons. Tak is not trying to solve anyone's alignment as far as I can tell, which is not good for how many posts he has. :gripe:

:ar15:
    Csargo

Extremely similar to recent wolf game. Extremely dissimilar to recent village game. I enjoy his posts on a superficial level but sorry. :spank:

----

Going out for a bit, I don't want to Tim up the thread too much today. Hopefully I'm here for EOD, if not, c'est la vie. loltwilight

:salute:

Synsensa likes this.
  10. pzelda

pzelda King

Hey I should be around for eod. Just few lil remarks for now.
    This is a very well articulated reason from Mary and it immediately makes me like little more.

So, Winston really Townes it up. He's transparent and diligent in making reads he would have no reason to make as scum d1.

Logic's presence and popins are wolfy, but that's also what often gets him lynched around here as town. I think that him not caring and entering like this instead of making a spank cover post or another self-aware comment is more likely in favour of hi being town in the end.

I'm disliking this guy more and more. His defense of Tak is scummy regardless of Tak's alignment and it makes me like Dolbster more. Also, that explanation f his Yak vote and read should be burned with fire.
    Yeah, Dolbster can apply for my town now.

The one thing. This is a dangerous amount of commentary mode - mistake new wolves make when pressured for content.

MaryKB likes this.
  11. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Aimee has a lot of person did x and not a lot of why it makes people whatever alignment

12. aimeeandbeatles

Say you are still thinking on things - you are dodging!

Make commentary - suddenly it' too much? :undecide:

That doesnt sense.

Synsensa likes this.
  13. pzelda

pzelda King

Yeah, Snerk's prolly town. I just got used to setting him up for a mislynch.

14. Montmorency

Montmorency King

There have been many many wagons in spread. Good fodder for mid-game review of wagonomics.

What is this "pimp" stuff?

I have a confession to make: I no longer form strong memories of players in games, and so cannot work from meta here. It doesn't help matters that I still haven't read the game.

But Csargo lone-voting me is shady.

Visor and Zack dominating the thread as usual, standard play. Just gonna sheep Zack tbh because that's how he clears himself.

I almost always do little D1. Been that way for a few years.

Pizza was rampaging and I had to act natural. I tried defending Logic but was overpersuaded (in fact, Pizza and others pointed out in postgame that my biggest mistake was going too far hard-defending Logic in asking for a tie). What can I say, it worked out. Your Charge of the Light Brigade was a noble spectacle. Winston was very good in that game btw, we had to kill him first.

No shame in being yeeted by Pizza-Winston-Kage at peak form D1.

!

Zelda, this reminds me of your shade D1 of Visor's game for my alleged lack of presence, which was part of the play that got you outed as scum D1. Tread carefully.

On the other hand, Zelda was wildly inconsistent in Mario as town. Sadly I can't put it all together because I no longer form memories of play.

Come on fellas, like I said. I might not be able to remember stuff but you - Visor - have recently played a number of games with me and you're sharp with meta.

Isn't Csargo acting more like late-game Mario?

15. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

I’m gonna leave my vote but if it comes down to Tak/Csargo I’m voting Csargo. Should probably have time to do that at EoD

16. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Way ahead of you.

Vote: Tak

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php/153989-04-12-Generic-Fantasy-WW-Game-Thread

Scum-Tak and his partner Zelda were caught D1.

I haven't read the first half of the game but I find this persuasive.

XCOM

You had exactly this response to something in Mario Mafia, but I don't remember about whom.

Also, something about extending an alliance offer too hastily. God, curse my memory.

lol

As for reads, I have no negative feelings about anyone, but the cases against Sommer, Tak, and Csargo sound decent.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Current vote tally, Takhisis leading with five

Takhisis
    - Visor, Empoof, Pzelda, Raskol, Monty

Csargo-
    Winston, Zack, Synsensa, Snerk, Argon

Dolbster-
    Johanna, Sommer

Sommer-
    Yako, Dolbster

Monty- Csargo

Aimee-
    Mary

Argon -
    Arakhor

Visor-
    Aimee

Empoof -
    Takhisis

No Vote From-
    Manasi

There have been some private warnings about small role fishing or claiming hints, but you have been doing much better about cooperating. I know a strange rule can be a burden, but there really is a purpose to it which will eventually be made clear. As your host, I appreciate your efforts.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  18. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

I'm going to choose to believe you don't know how to respond to criticism over you actually believing this is a reasonable interpretation of my posting about you

19. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Actually.

Unvote: Tak
    Vote: Sommer

I can claim alignment, right Tim?

20. Synsensa

Monty, why would you say Csargo is acting like he did in late-game Mario (where he was Mafia), and then say "way ahead of you" in response to a post that promises to save Csargo, and then voting to save someone you just said is acting scummy?