Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

sommer agreed that csargo is town for no reason, calls mary town for no reason, I can't make any sense oout of the way he talks about tak

think this guy has a decent shot at being Just A Wolf, actually

current tally?

EOD, so in five hours + however long it takes Tim to write up the report. Then we can talk for a little after that... then silence until night's over.

Also Mr. Synsensa did you post your thoughts on players anywher?e:sheep:

Snerk
Arrives nine hours in with a joke vote on Johanna (231). Talks scum numbers, then comments on lack of activity from Manasi and Mary.

Calls Winston wolfy for drunk reads stuff. Doesn't oversell it. Feels probing. Let's me talk a bit, then follows up with vote. (247) Then continues questioning, asking me who my buddies are. Well handled as either alignment - looks like genuine early-game towning.

Comes back at me again ~9 hours later for the "wouldn't do this as a wolf" bit. Same vibe. No oversell, just probing. Only concern here is a lack of the same in other directions, but it's consistent with what I remember of Snerk as town.

Returns today asking Visor for reads.

Back four hours later with big reads list. (640) Feels like he's talking to himself, which I like a lot. Looks like the a genuine sorting process. Worth a Jebus on its own. Very nice post if scum.

Picks Visor as dark horse scum for lack of usual assertiveness. Valid point, following up the earlier question, and made against someone he wouldn't want to pick a fight with if he was scum.

Responds to Zack question about comparison of Tak's scum game to this. All still feels natural.

Switches vote to Csargo wagon. No direct reason given beyond mention in reads list. Feels bolder than if he'd seen the need to explain, which again looks good.

Snerk's playing a smart game as either alignment here, but I'd say it's much more likely to be townie, just because it's a lot harder to fake than to do it for real.

:jesus::jesus::jesus:

:king:
Zack

Hey, that's me. :hatsoff:

:love:
Yakostovian
Winston Hughes

Reasonably confident the above two are villagers. Wouldn't touch them anytime soon. :bowdown:

:grouphug:
Dolbster
Synsensa
Pzelda
LordArgon
aimeeandbeatles

This group is people who I don't think have done anything egregious and have some mild points in their favor, there could be wolves or third-parties or whatever in that list but currently I don't really see it and I'm not interested in looking here today at least. :beer:

:dunno:
JohannaK
Manasi
Arakhor
Snerk
Empoof
Visorslash

Shrug. I don't want to kill these people but I don't find them particularly towny. :think:

:hmm:

RRRaskolnikov
Montmorency
MaryKB
Sommerswerd
Takhisis

Meh, people who are a bit suspicious but I wouldn't be shocked or anything if they flipped town. Monty is bizarrely quiet if he's a villager, Rask's posts are pretty meh on reflection and if he's town he can do better, Mary's posts feel a bit staged and leave a lot to be desired. Sommer has no real process or reasoning that I can see and has made bad posts townreading wolfy people for abstruse reasons. Tak is not trying to solve anyone's alignment as far as I can tell, which is not good for how many posts he has. :gripe:

:ar15:
Csargo

Extremely similar to recent wolf game. Extremely dissimilar to recent village game. I enjoy his posts on a superficial level but sorry. :spank:

----

Going out for a bit, I don't want to Tim up the thread too much today. Hopefully I'm here for EOD, if not, c'est la vie. loltwilight

:salute:

Hey I should be around for eod. Just few lil remarks for now.
My reasoning for my Aimee vote is that she is giving me a very strong feeling of exactly how I felt in my very first game, where I was mafia. I remember not really knowing what to do, but also trying to do something to try and make it look like I'm just a normal innocent player. She's giving me a vibe that she's doing the exact same thing. I don't have anything more to go on than that.

I don't have anyone else right now. Everything feels very random to me, and I fully admit I haven't been able to catch up in this thread. With everything I had going on IRL it was just too overwhelming, sort of like how when I'm gone for a while I will just open the last page of my favorite threads because I simply lack the time to read through the 20+ pages I missed.

This is a very well articulated reason from Mary and it immediately makes me like little more.

My intention is always to do the whole list, but that depends on how many distractions there are between now and eod.

So, Winston really Townes it up. He's transparent and diligent in making reads he would have no reason to make as scum d1.

Empoof plays on MU as Empoof, and Daily Mafia as Empoof (I beleive.)

Quite experienced and skilled to boot.

Logic's presence and popins are wolfy, but that's also what often gets him lynched around here as town. I think that him not caring and entering like this instead of making a spank cover post or another self-aware comment is more likely in favour of hi being town in the end.

To clarify... You're sus... @Yakostovian is cool. As I've already said, my vote his way was pure post-shaming, I had to vote for someone and that was an acceptably arbitrary basis as any.

I still think its unlikely that @Takhisis is just some unimportant rank-and-file. Tak has to have some more important thing to do, but that's just gut instinct. And i still think that @Zack is just talkative rather than it being indicative of anything.

The folks who I have the highest level of comfort/safe feelings about are @Snerk @aimeeandbeatles and @MaryKB, but that's probably influenced in part by the fact that they are some of the posters playing that I'm more familiar with. They're not the only ones, but there the only ones I have strong hunches about so far.

I'm disliking this guy more and more. His defense of Tak is scummy regardless of Tak's alignment and it makes me like Dolbster more. Also, that explanation f his Yak vote and read should be burned with fire.
Yeah, Dolbster can apply for my town now.

It's less dodging than "my brain is working not well enough to make up any good conclusions, please reboot it."

I don't got any other games to compare to. So I'm not sure if these are usual modus operandi or what.

- During the jokey phaze, Dolbster was immediately looking into things. This could mean that he's trying to mislead people, or that he's really into the game. So I feel 50/50 here.
- I am still curious about RRRaskolnikov's post asking of my role.
- Argon kept jokingly trying to claim roles.
- There's...something about Visorslash's posts that I can't really pick out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were made to be a wolf.
- Zack I keep flipflopping between "he's a wolf!" and "eh, he's probablly a townie."
- I did make a big laugh at MaryKB voting me though. Because "that's what I did"....we are different people with muchly different personalities.

Players not mentioned here I haven't really developed an opinion on one way or other (or I just forgot about them because of my stupid brain). I'm not good at this kind of game.

The one thing. This is a dangerous amount of commentary mode - mistake new wolves make when pressured for content.

Say you are still thinking on things - you are dodging!

Make commentary - suddenly it' too much? :undecide:

That doesnt sense.

Yeah, Snerk's prolly town. I just got used to setting him up for a mislynch.

There have been many many wagons in spread. Good fodder for mid-game review of wagonomics.

What is this "pimp" stuff?

I have a confession to make: I no longer form strong memories of players in games, and so cannot work from meta here. It doesn't help matters that I still haven't read the game.

But Csargo lone-voting me is shady.

Visor and Zack dominating the thread as usual, standard play. Just gonna sheep Zack tbh because that's how he clears himself.

isnt this what you said the last time i asked you this question lol

what do you think of monty doing notihng

actively wolfy or?

It's why I voted him earlier when I did

I sort of think it is wolfy for him, the idea of him going this long saying essentially nothing as a villager is a bit dubious, but I'm going for wait and see for now I guess. I am by no means a Monty reader and tbh I mostly just stand back and let him do his thing in games

Empoof is there anything you can add to the dolbster read there?

I almost always do little D1. Been that way for a few years.

Lmao all I remember is that he just posted wallpost after wallpost bussing me on d1 when I was being townread by most folks

How dare you reference that awful game

Pizza was rampaging and I had to act natural. I tried defending Logic but was overpersuaded (in fact, Pizza and others pointed out in postgame that my biggest mistake was going too far hard-defending Logic in asking for a tie). What can I say, it worked out. Your Charge of the Light Brigade was a noble spectacle. Winston was very good in that game btw, we had to kill him first.

No shame in being yeeted by Pizza-Winston-Kage at peak form D1.

Ugh almost edited again... I wanted to add that @Takhisis is someone important I think because of purely anecdotal reasons rather than any analysis of posts. I also don't think connecting @Winston Hughes and @Snerk or connecting @Visorslash and @Zack to declare them scum or otherwise makes any sense whatsoever.

!

Monty not entering or coming with a wall is nagl. I think he's different and actually less tunneled and more shaded by players than in franklin.

Zelda, this reminds me of your shade D1 of Visor's game for my alleged lack of presence, which was part of the play that got you outed as scum D1. Tread carefully.

Pzelda going from "I like Tak" to "Let's lynch Tak" after everyone noted how they liked Tak is not the best of looks. Enough distancing indeed.

On the other hand, Zelda was wildly inconsistent in Mario as town. Sadly I can't put it all together because I no longer form memories of play.

You know any reason Monty isn't posting?

wouldnt have the foggiest

Come on fellas, like I said. I might not be able to remember stuff but you - Visor - have recently played a number of games with me and you're sharp with meta.

He seems very similar to me

He has plenty of posts but there is pretty much zero game solving in them

I still would rather kill csargo but your line about Tak there struck me as pretty odd

I think that reads list is completely different from a bad tunnel.

Look at csargo in Mario mafia when you can. Hell, Tak too

Isn't Csargo acting more like late-game Mario?

I’m gonna leave my vote but if it comes down to Tak/Csargo I’m voting Csargo. Should probably have time to do that at EoD

With the Csargo wagon gaining traction, I may find myself voting Tak to save my doggie buddy.

Way ahead of you.

Vote: Tak

Someone link me to the org game that’s been continually brought up three games running at this point

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php/153989-04-12-Generic-Fantasy-WW-Game-Thread

Scum-Tak and his partner Zelda were caught D1.

Sommerswerd

I haven't read the first half of the game but I find this persuasive.

I honestly only remember Winston doing these kind of iso things when he was a wolf

XCOM

meh I briefly looked over his posts again and sorta regret saying anything lol

You had exactly this response to something in Mario Mafia, but I don't remember about whom.

Also, something about extending an alliance offer too hastily. God, curse my memory.

Going out for a bit, I don't want to Tim up the thread too much today. Hopefully I'm here for EOD, if not, c'est la vie. loltwilight

lol

As for reads, I have no negative feelings about anyone, but the cases against Sommer, Tak, and Csargo sound decent.

Current vote tally, Takhisis leading with five

Takhisis
- Visor, Empoof, Pzelda, Raskol, Monty

Csargo-
Winston, Zack, Synsensa, Snerk, Argon

Dolbster-
Johanna, Sommer

Sommer-
Yako, Dolbster

Monty- Csargo

Aimee-
Mary

Argon -
Arakhor

Visor-
Aimee

Empoof -
Takhisis

No Vote From-
Manasi

There have been some private warnings about small role fishing or claiming hints, but you have been doing much better about cooperating. I know a strange rule can be a burden, but there really is a purpose to it which will eventually be made clear. As your host, I appreciate your efforts.

Last edited:
Say you are still thinking on things - you are dodging!

Make commentary - suddenly it' too much? :undecide:

That doesnt sense.
I'm going to choose to believe you don't know how to respond to criticism over you actually believing this is a reasonable interpretation of my posting about you

Actually.

Unvote: Tak
Vote: Sommer

I can claim alignment, right Tim?

Monty, why would you say Csargo is acting like he did in late-game Mario (where he was Mafia), and then say "way ahead of you" in response to a post that promises to save Csargo, and then voting to save someone you just said is acting scummy?

Top Bottom