1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

After thinking about it some more I am now 100% certain that Tak is town. I also agree with the analysis linking me and Tak. Here are my reasons:

Tak voted for Csargo last round when Tak could have voted to kill me instead, but is now voting to kill me this round, what that tells me is Tak was guessing that Csargo and I are both wolves and wants to kill us both. That means Tak is town. There is no way a wolf would vote to kill two wolves consecutively. If Tak and I were both wolves it would make sense to save me over Csargo, if I was a PR wolf, but that theory goes out the window with Tak voting to lynch me this round. If I was a PR wolf, worth sacrificing Csargo D1 to save, Tak wouldn't then turn around and immediately lynch me on D2. So either I am a wolf and Tak is not, or neither Tak nor I are wolves. There is no way Tak can be a wolf.

If Tak was a wolf killing Csargo D1 instead of me only made sense if me and Csargo were both wolves. If Tak was a wolf and I was town then obviously Tak would have killed me, so it made sense D1 to think all three of us were wolves. But now Tak is voting to kill me so it no longer makes sense to think Tak is a wolf. Tak is town and guessing that I am a wolf.

Now since I know I am town, I know for certain that Tak would have voted to lynch me instead of Csargo D1 if Tak was a wolf, but there was no way for the rest of you to know that. But now with Tak opening up the day by starting a wagon on me, it should be clear to everyone that Tak can't be a wolf. Anyone still calling for Tak to by lynched has to be a suspect wolf at this point.

Here is what I suggest. Lynch me instead of Tak. That will prove I am town and clear Tak once and for all. At least then we only lose 1 town instead of two. My worry is that you let the wolves convince you to lynch Tak, which will not exonerate me, even after Tak is reveled to be town, then you will lynch me because reasons, which means we lose two town instead of one. If you are hell bent on killing both of us, let it be me first, because at least then you will only make 1 mistake not two.

2. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Since I am so wonderful, I am sure you wouldn't avoid replying to my question about Takhisis.
    Why did you think he was someone important D1?

3. Sommerswerd

I have been threatened with a modkill for discussing that so I would mind, sorry. I will just say that I am 100% certain that Tak is town, which I believe I am allowed to say. See post #1263 above for my analysis.

4. pzelda

pzelda King

The floor's slippery today.

I don't think, it's a slip. But I think wolf!Tak had a good reason to distance from Csargo, because they were both under pressure from Zack.
    Btw, Sommer's rising up with comments like this and kill me to prove my point sounds pure. ​

5. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Let's be synthetic then. I disagree.

6. Sommerswerd

synthetic?

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

summing my opinion with very few words. (OOC: isn't it the good word?)

8. Sommerswerd

OK I get it. But why?

9. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

As you can see, Takhisis, I explained my vote. Zack may have been wrong, but that doesn't mean there was no reasoning.

This may come as a surprise, but on D1, people vote for all sorts of reasons and I've made absolutely no secret of disliking Argon's faux role-claiming in an explicitly non-role-claiming game.

Plus, I'm always terrible on D1, because I'm really bad at cold-reading people. This will be well-known to anyone I've played with before.

Also, Rask, I think it's charming that you think I'm faking being bad at D1, because if that's the case, I've been faking it for ten years now.

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

You make way too many assumptions on how Tak/Csargo could play as scum, you don't go through all possibilities, etc...

I may come back to this later, but I want to reread Dolbster's wagonic analysis first then do my D1 vote sheet.

11. Sommerswerd

There's a good joke opportunity here, but I think it might be against forum rules... or maybe just too mean, so I'll resist. :mischief:

12. Sommerswerd

OK I will wait to hear your analysis f my analysis. If I am missing something glaring I'd love to hear it, because I'm staking my IG life on it. :yup:

13. Arakhor

Mafia games are better than <adult activity of choice>, you know. :)

Synsensa likes this.
  14. pzelda

pzelda King

The following analysis assumes Sommer's town.

With me currently finding Sommer townier, focusing on the tally feels like a good thing.

And this is before Sommer got traction. I find it interesting that Snerk and Argon jumped from Csargo on Sommer, while Me, raskol and Monty jumped from Takh. I don't think any of this indicates Tak's alignment, but it would make sense to jump from Scum Tak or Csargo to town Sommer.

Visor and Empoof jumped from Takhisis on Csargo. If there's a wolf between them, this was when they decided to bus Csargo. Tak shouldn't be wolf in this case

Tak bussing always makes sense. The real question is whether or not would he be joined by other members of his faction.

Manasi looks good in the hindsight.

Winston staying off-wagon throws me off a little.
    So some guesses:

1-2 wolves in: Arakhor, Aimee, Winston (there's a wolf among them, imo)
    0-3 wolves in: Empoof, Visor, Takhisis, Manasi (bussing)
    0-3 wolves in Dolbster, Yako, Monty, Snerk, Argon (no or limited bussing)

Ok, that's not very helpful. I find multiple players bussing Csargo as an unlikely scenario with Sommer being town.

Tak bussing, one wolf being on Sommer and one off-wagon would make the most sense, actually. That wolf would be on Sommer early, trying hard to get votes away from Tak and Csargo. The last wolf would be somehow passive and afraid of outing themselves. Dolbster and Aimee would make perfect sense.
    I have this sensetion that
    Dolbster-Takhisis-Aimee
    could be it.
    And there's probably a neutral too, then.

15. Sommerswerd

Unsurprisingly, I disagree :p

16. Arakhor

That is explicitly your choice, after all. ;)

17. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

sup arakhor

wheres ya head at

18. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Given that they are the best two informational lynches today (from my pov at least), Sommer offering to be lynched instead of Tak is a Big Thing Indeed.

It's like, this makes Sommer look very townie, so we shouldn't lynch him. But then we shouldn't lynch Tak either.

Genuinely not sure what to make of this, other than to say it doesn't make me feel any worse about leaving my vote on Empoof right now.

19. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

How well do you know Empoof?

Played together much before?

20. Arakhor

I'm working on it, Visor. Checking posts and the like.