1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Economics is basically the dude version of astrology.

Synsensa likes this.
  2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

So.... wagonomics is Tarot cards for Mafia players?

3. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Okay so Sommer has convinced me of their villager status so that leaves me with Tak town leaned as well. I forget who posted it, but Yakostovian's posts regarding Csargo are now incredibly suspicious given how they flipped. I think yako needs to be brought up to answer for their town read on Csargo.
    Unvote, vote: Yakostovian

4. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Still not done reading, but my thinking has moved enough to make a list for posterity. (This wasn't originally 4x4, but this is less about the categories than the ordering, and it just looks nicer.)

:trophy:
    Visorslash
    RRRaskolnikov
    Synsensa
    Snerk

:wavey:
    Yako
    Dolbster
    Manasi
    Montmorency

:hmm:
    Pzelda
    aimee
    Sommerswerd
    LordArgon

:hammer:
    Takhisis
    JohannaK
    Arakhor
    Empoof

Here's my previous one for reference:

Spoiler :

Synsensa likes this.
  5. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Vote: Johannak

6. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

I think Tak and Sommer are independently wolfy, TBH.
    This feels slightly like indignant villager Tak to me. I don't remember him doing it as a wolf.
    While I have Arakhor in my suspect list for other reasons, I disagree with almost everything you've said here.
    Also, why are you coloring yourself red?
    Way to expand the POE.
    And shortly after you call Sommer a villager, you vote there? WYD?
    I'm fairly sure Rask is town.
    You mean, we *shouldn't* take up Sommer's offer of thunderdome? I am shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you. :p

*thunderdome - two men enter, one man leaves (usually propositioned by a townie who is deadset on his opposition being a wolf. More often than not, it's TvT.)
    Economics also often auto-adjusts to any attempts to manipulate them. They're quite fickle in that regard.
    I happen to think Wagonomics are more reliable than Death, 9 of Cups, or The Happy Squirrel.
    We are all allowed to have bad reads from time to time. However, you haven't explained your town read of sommer and then voting for him moments later.

TLDR plus a readslist:
    Tak is trending up but not out of the danger zone.
    Sommer is still scummy
    Rask is towny
    Arakor is trending down, but I'll definitely reassess if Argon flips Klingon
    LordArgon plummeted down for me
    Monty having Lord Argon in their top towns is :confused: and if it weren't for that, I'd have him in my nulls.
    I'm pretty sure visor is a villager.
    I want more from Empoof and Manasi, and have about the same impression from them, despite empoof somewhere in hte range of quadruple postcount of manasi.
    Pzelda is fine
    Snerk feels towny
    Winston is towny
    Aimee is almost certainly town
    Dolbster is eh
    Syn is probably town?
    And Johanna I forgot was in the game - null, gun to head, I'll give her more town points than scum ones.

7. Arakhor

I'd agree that Visor is probably town, but then I usually read him as town anyway, so that's not saying a lot.

8. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Well nice of you to show up, but you really haven't done much to really put you on town read. Your misconstruing of my post doesn't make your reads seem believable to me. You say I town read Sommer, then voted for him, but you quote showing my town read of Sommer shows me voting for you. Before that I was ambivalent on Sommer's status, but given how everyone said Tak is bad, I thought it would only make sense if both Sommer and Tak are Maf, and a dead Sommer gives more info than a dead tak. I wasn't super suspicious of you, but your complete lack of truth and horrible reads puts you in the heavy wolf lean for me.

9. Arakhor

What are you talking about? The post where you say, "Given the votes I think it is a bit likely that sommer is actually a townie" is 20 minutes before you vote for Sommerswerd and you don't vote for Yako at all on p58.

10. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

The last quote where he says that I voted for Sommer while saying they are town. Like read a bit will ya. Also yako didn't answer the question on why he was defending Csargo, and just said day 1 reads, when Csargo was acting sus enough to be wagoned. I just want to get an answer and instead they went on a whole rant against me, which I find incredibly suspicious.

11. Arakhor

Yes, the last quote is where you call out Yako and vote for him. But on p58, you absolutely do claim that Sommer is likely town and (at top of p59) vote for him anyway.

Besides, if other people being dishonest and calling bad shots makes you suspicious of them, I'm sure you can understand why people might think the same of you.

12. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Yeah cause I love to roleclaim, but I can't really do that here sadly. The thing is I gave reasons why I voted Sommer, making Yakostovian's statement a complete and utter lie. If they had just said why they had a bad read on Csargo I would have moved on to someone else. And for you Arak, try doing something other than tunneling me and maybe people won't suspect you.

13. pzelda

pzelda King

Quite a few games on MU And I followed him in MU's championship.

14. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

##Votes D1

upload_2020-2-21_16-51-6.jpeg

Synsensa, Sommerswerd and Snerk like this.
  15. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Okay after a reread, I see where me and syn have had a misunderstanding. I thought syn was saying Csargo/Sommer was w/w when they are saying that the earlier Tak to Csargo switch was pr wolf to regular wolf.

16. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

I see you all disparaging the immortal science of wagonomics. Smh

Snerk likes this.
  17. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

It reads as follow:
    • column player casted a vote on line player (not sure this is meaningfull in any sort of language, but I have faith in you)
    • votes are numbered in the order they were casted each day (each new vote was preceded by an unvote ofc)
    • yellow votes are the final ones
    • lynched player is shown in red if scum, and green if townie
    • grey columns/lines match lynched/killed players (from D2 update)
    I am not modifying my sig for this (anymore). Search me in the thread with ##Votes keyword.

18. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

^^ for newcomers or coming backers

If someone is a power excel nerd, I would love a macro parsing each line and highlighting the bigger number when a vote is selected so we have a dynamic tally. I can provide the file...
    First to volunteer gets a cookie. :deal:

19. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Thanks I will try that when I get home. It only seems to be affecting my home computer :think:
    I see, so the proverbial "has them in his back pocket". Thanks. I'm still not clear on "bussing" though. What I'm saying is I understand what it means now, but I don't get why the term connects to the action, like how "wagon" means "bandwagon" and "tunnel" means "tunnel-vision" etc.
    Haha I see your point... given the above explanation, but my praise wasn't gratuitous... you saved my life, you were due some ass-kissing/gratitude. If on the other hand I had been defending you for no apparent reason, rather than the other way around, that would better match-up with what Arakhor is describing.

20. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

bussing: throwing your mafia mate under the bus (getting him lynched to get town cred). See Takhisis (bussing Synsensa in Mario Mafia).

Synsensa and Sommerswerd like this.