1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I am wondering about this too.

@MaryKB, hope to see you in a couple of months. :)

Snerk and Sommerswerd like this.
  2. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Where's the lie?

P#1150 "Given the votes, Sommer is probably town"
    -LordArgon 4:56 PM PST

P#1158 "Wagons today should be Sommer vs a huge list of people"
    -LordArgon 5:10 PM PST

P#1161 "Ooops, Vote Sommer"
    -LordArgon 5:17 PM PST
    The above are paraphrased, just FYI

Vote: LordArgon

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Ah... that's clear, thanks.

4. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

I believe it comes from it being like 'pushing them in front of a bus'.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  5. Winston Hughes

What happens when you don't check for a new page.

:hammer2:

Best not to talk about stuff like this until the game is done.

To clarify, I mean that anything to do with players quitting or replacing is best left alone for the sake of present and future game integrity.

Sommerswerd likes this.
  6. Sommerswerd

Thanks for the preemptive explanation :goodjob:

What about "flip"? What does that one mean and why?

7. Winston Hughes

flip is to have alignment (and, in some cases, further role info) revealed on death

like turning over a card to reveal its face

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. Sommerswerd

Got it, thanks

9. pzelda

pzelda King

Very low effort read.

Ok, yako's reads feel real. I would like him to be little more elaborate, but this reads like something he has in his head, when thinking about the game.

I would say that Snerk's wall was definitely of lower quality.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Official Tally

Voting

Takhisis (4) - Arakhor, Empoof, Synsensa, Zelda

Empoof (3) - Visor, Monty, Winston

Arakhor (3) - Dolby, JohannaK, Raskol

Yako (1)- Argon

Johanna (1) - Snerk

Argon (1) - Yako

Sommer (1) - Takhisis

Not Voting - 3
    Aimee, Manasi, and Sommer
    Day Two ends in approximately 31 hours at 4 PM PST on Saturday, Feb. 22nd.

11. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I was just agreeing with Winston and Yako. I wasn't claiming any great insight or anything.

12. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Why are people on empoof again? Is it for meta reasons or something.

13. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

I strongly disagree with much of the conclusions and thought process in Zelda's posts last night, but I think that he made them is pretty town. Strong disagree with Tak/Sommer "never w/w" (I think that if Tak's scum it's only w/w)

I maintain that a Tak/Csargo team tries to avoid m/m wagons at EoD, and I don't think that maf committed to D1 bussing that early when Sommer and me to some extent is an option

Reads list is on-par from town!Tak last game, I think that no one but me has brought up how Tak's played in Franklin

Have strong issues with calling Csargo default lynch, agree that Zack was town leader

I think Visor has more wolf potential than people are giving him cred for

Sommer's posting is town but I'd encourage him to not automatically clear everyone on the Csargo wagon. Pretty much committing to not voting Tak is big.

Snerk wanting to look into the off-wagon is sus, especially given how he pretty much exonerates Arakhor within that group.

Again, I find the Tak/Sommer maf world far more compelling than the Tak/not Sommer maf world.

14. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I agree that if there is a klingon in this duo, there's only one and not both.

The issue I'm facing is that Zack fingered both of them... and both of them have been almost equally ?????? in response/behaviour. Sommerswerd going as close to a self-vote as he can is weird -- and I can see now how that is suspicious. It was brought up at the beginning of D1 that self-votes are scummy and I was confused by it, but now I get it. But then Takh is throwing out incoherent defenses, citing Sommer not posting here as reason for us to switch from him, and then FoSing anyone who engages with him. Neither are having particularly good shows.

I agree re: Argon, although I see he walked back his disagreement with me from before. I'm sympathetic to that (I did it with Monty, after all), but in terms of coherence and reasoning his posts are Takh/Sommer-esque.

I also included your read on Yako in this quote because I wanted to thank you for it: when I was thinking about my reads in bed last night, Yako was null despite getting attention from others. But seeing his behaviour separated from the chaff pushes him down a little.

This is fairly linear thinking. It's certainly possible, but the issue with linearity is that it's immediately defeated with the first manipulation from either Starfleet or klingon. This also assumes that a wolf would never vote for a wolf, which is just not true. It does stretch credibility for it to happen on D1, but I can't see it being impossible either.

One issue I see here is that you're proclaiming the purity of those who lynched Csargo... but then you say anyone who wants to lynch Takh is a prime suspect. So which is it?

This isn't the first post that fell into this trap/self-defeating premise. I think Argon did it too, but I cannot remember 100%. In particular it often puts me in the middle of it, because someone will say my behaviour re: Csargo means I am town but then in the next paragraph say that me pushing Takhisis means I am mafia. Definitive statements are being made that contradict each other, and the result is that nobody and everybody is under suspicion because any one of us can cherry pick a paragraph that exonerates us (all the while ignoring that there's likely another paragraph in the same post that puts us under suspicion).

It also makes it tough to figure out what your actual position is. A segment of people are town-read by you... but then they're prime suspects. Or vice versa -- someone who is a suspect is suddenly town.

Tied to my point before, this is just not a good look.

Sommer, you're not a newbie, right? I remember people saying that you're a veteran -- you haven't played in a while, but you know how this works. This whole thing about how you didn't post because you assumed it was game over, about how you don't know how any of it works, and now asking us to lynch you to clear Takh... it's either sloppy play or a bad gamble. I don't know that you'd get the result you're seemingly asking for here, since your lynch has no bearing on Takh's innocence.

I'd rather see your reads, and an actionable defense, than you tossing yourself over the edge prematurely. That there are votes against you doesn't mean you just give up. It's obfuscating the process to be fatalistic. You're a lawyer! This should be obvious to you.

15. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Wow, such insight, very perception. What did you disagree with and why?
    I did no such thing. Why are you making up things about me?

16. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

Perhaps "exonerate" is a strong word, but you make it pretty clear that he's the most townread of the group

Also, you just mention that Monty is sus and you might vote him. Not the biggest Monty fan this game but what's up with that?

17. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Dolbster is convinced I'm scum, despite never playing with me before, so apparently if someone who has played with me before confirms that my being cautious is not just an act, that automatically makes you suspicious too. Yet I'm the one tunnelling people...

18. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

You literally aren't cautious, your play is pretty much trying to get LA policied because "there's nothing to read off of", actively trying to suppress reading based off of the content, and being salty about the lynch

If that's town Arakhor I'm disappointed

19. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

But, is Arakor even voting Argon? Last I checked, no.

I feel like Arakhor is sinking, and the fact that he responded to my quote wall about it and addressed my suspicions of LordArgon a little concerning, especially if it's true that he's shading Argon without voting him. I'm absolutely shading Argon, and would very much like to see his flip over others.

20. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

Well Arakhor not doing anything important seems to be their default mode, making annoying to have as town. They don't really solve or put out anything strong, making them hard to read, which is why they are being voted up.