1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Dolbster can drop a tier or two as well.

2. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Dolb is filling Tim's player vacancy. Figures.

3. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

d1 Official Tallies - vote changes highlighted

Spoiler :
    #194, 43hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#291, 31hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#356, 27hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#418, 24hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#499, 19hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#659, 7hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#717, 4hrs to eod

Spoiler :

#746, 3hr to eod

Spoiler :

#765, 2hrs to eod

Spoiler :

*90min to eod - tally unchanged*

#793, 1hr to eod

Spoiler :

*30min to eod - tally unchanged*

*15min to eod - tally unchanged*

#887, eod

Spoiler :

#935, 16min past eod - Csargo lynched

Spoiler :

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  4. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Visor explains his Empoof wolfread in P#1282
    "Just one of those players where he just feels differently as wolf and villager even if posts are laid out similarly."

Winston explains his Empoof vote in P#1202

Monty is the only one of the 3 Empoof votes that hasn't really explained himself, but it looks like he's using Zack's reads as his justification for voting Empoof. Zack's a smart guy, and sheeping confirmed town is not a bad idea, but it's also a tad on the lazy side.

Keep in mind that Csargo ALSO sheeped Zack's Monty vote early in the game, and gave monty some light shade about lacking wallposts later.

Of the 3 voters on Empoof, I'd say monty is the most likely scum, but I'm still giving him a town-lean after looking at Csargo's ISO.

There you go Argon: I've given you a starting point regarding Empoofs voters. Now I'm gonna go ISO empoof myself and see what these 3 see.

5. Winston Hughes

I wanted the above for quick reference, as I kept finding myself looking them up while reading.

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I will try to respond to this after lunch. I'll tag you so you don't miss it. The one thing I want to address right away is that I'm not claiming to be a mafia virgin. I've played at least 1 game, maybe 2, I forget... but its been a really long time. I had a guy on my Civ4 MTDG team (AMAZON) who was obsessed with mafia and kept recruiting people on the team to play mafia games such that folks stopped paying attention to the MTDG and were just playing mafia primarily... so that turned me off of mafia because I put a lot of work into the MTDG team (we won BTW :trophy:)

So anyway... the point is I understand the very basic workings of the game, but I don't know all the terms and nuances and especially the slang. For example back when I played, the only nickname for mafia was "scum", nobody in the game used "wolf", and everyone just said "town", nobody said "sheep", or "villager"... nobody used the w/w or w/t descriptors... so a lot of this stuff I've just been able to figure out from context, but sometimes I can't be bothered with trying to figure things out I just want to know what terms mean.

If that makes me seem newbish, whatever, that's fine I guess I am somewhat. I don't think my newbish ways are convincing anyone that I'm not a wolf, if anything they're hurting me, because folks who are set against me already will just interpret it as an act/disguise and call me a wolf anyway. :lol:

So on that note, Am I correct that "FoS" = Full of poop?

7. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Okay, that makes more sense. I can see it, then.

FoS = Finger of Suspicion, but I like yours better. :lol:

Sommerswerd likes this.
  8. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Yeah lol from now on FoS means full of poop. I think we can all get behind that.

JohannaK, Sommerswerd and Yakostovian like this.
  9. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

@Sommerswerd
    Sheep(ing) = following someone's vote or suspicion because you believe they are town

Sommerswerd likes this.
  10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

@Sommer: you were on amazon? I need to check but I think I was on the loosing team (Cavaleiros). Funnily enough it s also one of the mtdg player who brought me here (one of Oyzar Niklas or Renata... prolly the later)

@Winston: I hope u didn t miss my sheet... tx for the tally. Will be looking at this a bit later.

11. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

actually that wasn t the same mtdg Sommer... we lost to Saturn... :blush:

Sommerswerd likes this.
  12. Winston Hughes

O
    M
    G

The first time I hosted a mafia game was for my team (Merlot) in that very same MTDG, and it was themed on the history of how your Amazon nation degenerated into democracy!

Sommerswerd likes this.
  13. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I am sorry I am being very lurky. I prefer to watch only when I am caught up but through the day I've had short stretches and I'm still way behind. I also feel I've been too long without posting, so my 2 cents from page 60:

LordArgon's D2 has been dismal.

I am probs not going off Arakhor, and Tak improves bit by bit. I find myself swayed by arguments that lynching between Tak and Sommer will yield info on D1 even if they're town. I hope it does.

See you when I'm caught up!

14. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

PS: do not tag me. I will not be notified. Post on my public profile if you really need to call my attention to the thread.

15. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

:popcorn:
    Looks like I have some stuff to catch up on after breakfast

Love walking into a thread and seeing people talk about me [pimp] should be exciting!

16. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

I don't get the tunnel on Snerk right now by Dolbster. While I agree Arakhor is not town leaning, Snerk was not saying they were either.

17. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

FWIW I don't think maf would strawman to that extent.

18. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Haven't read latest 100 posts but:

At the time of the Empoof-Visor x-vote onto Csargo, he and Tak were tied 5-5. Visor and Empoof both switched from Tak to Csargo.

What I take from this: Visor and Empoof not paired. Tak not paired with Visor or Empoof. If Tak town then Visor and Empoof cleared.

Honestly, if Sommer is scum and Tak is scum then Empoof is cleared and Visor is overcleared (and a certain other player is heavily implicated).

Did someone insinuate Visor and Empoof are paired? It was either Winston or Dolbster.

Let's dissolve Empoof wagon today folks. Sommer-Tak-Arakhor tie plz. But priority on Tak-Sommer. I'm not buying all the dissociations offered between them, but I can revisit after a red flip and Tak is independently flailing more.

(I see the latest tally, and I'm uncomfortable doing this with only Tak on Sommer, but I still want pressure there... Vote: Sommer)

That was the last game.

Are you ready to present a discussion of D1 events in depth, including how the Csargo wagon and its counters arose?

Synsensa likes this.
  19. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Yes I remember that one as well, I was on Team Kazakhstan for that one. We "won" that one by forfeit when everyone quit over some controversy where one team ragequit and gave us all their cities... shame the game ended in that fiasco of hard feelings without an actual resolution because it sure was a fun game.

RRRaskolnikov likes this.
  20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Vote quoted to pull it free from its burial ground in the paragraph so I won't miss it later. Carry on.

Synsensa likes this.