1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. LordArgon

LordArgon Prince

That quote seems a bit suspicious Tim. It makes me think you have a power role like gm or something. Anyways I do agree with Monty that there are far more compelling and important wagons than empoof. The people on empoof are hanging on with little beyond a gut feeling, especially with the similarly reasoned people who were in actual danger of being lynched yesterday, Tak and Sommer. While Yakostovian's OMGUS or whatever after being asked about town reading Csargo is sus as hell, to others it seems just a personal conflict. As such I will be switching to Arakhor, as by what I see they seem the most suspicious of the people I think we can get up today.
    Vote: Arakhor

2. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

OK @Synsensa Here is my original analysis for reference:
    Spoiler :
    So here is my updated analysis/read since I believe that is what you were asking for. As you know I have suggested that the town flip me which will prove I am town and exonerate Tak and frankly should also clear everyone who voted Csargo D1, because I was the only person who had a different reason to vote Csargo over me (Sommer) when we were tied approaching EOD, other than not being a wolf (I was clearly self-pres'ing). But if you reject that option (flipping me), then I also think its bananas to vote for either of the three folks Csargo targeted as wolf. It makes no sense to conclude on D2 to lynch someone the confirmed wolf told you to.

Another reason I think its bananas to lynch anyone who voted Csargo is becasue we are 100% certain that they made the correct choice. Conversely, we are not 100% certain whether the folks who wagoned me were correct. But we are pretty certain (not sure if 100% or not but certainly very high probability) that at least one of the folks who picked me were wolves. Because it was absolutely clear that either I or Csargo was going to die approaching the EOD... so the wolves would have had no choice but to get involved to push the scale in as favorable direction as possible for their side.

In fact, I think the fact that the EOD was a tie and Csargo had to be eliminated with a twilight-period vote by RRRas is a strong indicator that all the wolves were voting for me. Because if there was even one wolf not wagone'd, at EOD, how could they stand there and let a town (me) live over their teammate?

So the best information we have to locate the wolves is to put aside the folks who we know with 100% certainty picked correctly, at least for now, and focus on the folks who I know with 100% certainty tried to lynch town (me), and who you (and everyone besides me) can not say with 100% certainty, did not try to lynch town. Again, I can say that everyone who voted for me 100% voted to kill town... and at best you cannot say that they did not vote to kill town. But we can say 100% that everyone who voted Csargo voted to kill wolf.

Now as for my D1 reads and any issues you might see with what I said D1 versus D2. My D1 votes have pretty straightforward explanations, which I have been completely consistent on. My first vote was Yako which was pure arbitrary post-shaming. I saw his thread postcount was low, and figured voting for him would be fairly uncontroversial as a result. Yako predictably OMGUS voted me in retaliation, which I accepted. Then Dolby wagoned me to protect Yako so I OMGUS'ed (as an aside I'm just assuming it means Oh my God You Suck (for voting me)) Dolby in retaliation. Then I voted Csargo to self preserve. That was the extent of my D1 substantive voting, anything beyond that was just arbitrary and speculative. My real "analysis" began D2, once I got over my D1 shell-shock and actually started reading posts.

I'll stop here to collect my thoughts and come back with my actual reads in a bit.

Synsensa likes this.
  3. pzelda

pzelda King

Your tone. There's something off about this. Even this question. It doesn't sound like you really care about my answer for some reason. You're not showing your thought process and that's an alert.
    It's not good and I know it and if I push you in this game it will be based on something else.
    The other thing is you being quite on defensive and caring about how people read you.

Btw, If Snerk's scum, Winston has a good chance of being with him for giving him so many jeebuses d1.

This is not a way to prove him wrong.

4. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Interesting in italics day, lots of very black and white thinking going on. Sommer, I'm curious why you seem so rigid in your thinking when it comes to Tak. Why are you so sure there isn't a world where he votes csargo to subdue pressure, especially if during the next day he comes in pushing town!you? Shouldn't that make you more unsure about him, not less? Let's pretend scum!tak lynches you over csargo yesterDay, how do you think toDay goes for them given a town!Zack world?

I liked both of pzelda's and winston's process when it came to EoD.

Tak, I'm under the impressive that Zack has basically a god read on you. From both the last game we played and him talking about it afterwards. He even had the logic post flip that you had voted for csargo and had you as suspect number one, having you in the forefront over everyone else. Why should I be going against that? Has he been wrong on you before?

Small note that Visor's credited read on me from logic's list is actually his read on pzelda - I'm pretty sure visor reads me mildly wolfy for lack of presence and Zack having a small wolf read on me.

5. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

LordArgon, do you find me townie outside of voting csargo or is it just for that?

6. pzelda

pzelda King

I decided to ride or die with my homeboy Argon.

[pimp][pimp][pimp]
    This guy's certainly defensive today.

Good post from Dolbster (sorry for changing my mind about you every other post). This has some dedication, no overexplanation, it just has that heureka I figured something out towny touch imo.

Monty, I'm for Tak/Arakhor wagons. I'm not so sold on making Sommer one.

Anyone have noticed Aimee today? I think she posted, but the impact she has made today is non-existent.

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Cool... but will I get another reply to my read post? Care to explain at least what made you town read Csargo, or that last solar D1 post?

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

++ to your cred, at least for me. This is a good post.

I don't know that I agree about all wolves voting the same, but most of what you said parses, which is more than I can say about Takh's defense or LA's.

9. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

mmmm there's a tick in me that wants to start taking control of the day. I think it's almost better if I take a more backseat approach. I kinda think I've actually shown my spark enough even if it was brief, and kinda think it would weirdly be better if I was a wagon. I know I have lots of BuT sCaRy potential since I'm great but I think that's only a problem if we're on the wrong track and I should be able to see that coming.

There's a lot of people that are handwaving their reads about me and it makes me feel uneasy. Lots of "he voted csargo so stop" and "he's lacking". I don't think anyone's gotten it right yet.

If more people talked about me I'd enjoy that :satan:

10. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Making a small note that I'm getting a little more uneasy about visor for [reasons] but I don't want to go there toDay or even toMorrow

11. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

?????????????????

these are garbage posts

JohannaK and Visorslash like this.
  12. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

what exactly is going on now? I lost track of the thread a dozen or so pages back and I'm getting very confused reading it. :(

13. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Trust these people:
    Dolbster
    Winston
    Yako
    Rask

Trust these people enough
    PZelda
    Synsena (new and exciting)
    Visor

For postgame stuff it's possible Dolbster is my Black Panther this game but I don't believe it enough to lower him.

14. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Heh nice xpost

that's fine you don't have to like them

I'm not overly compelled about the Arak wagon and would prefer tak/sommer/myself

15. pzelda

pzelda King

Empoof, if I remember it right, you like to lead town as scum and bussing isn't your usual tactic. Unless you're scared of playing on a new forum, you just blindly sheeping Zack should be more of low effort villa considering your meta. Low effort is something I associate with you as either alignment, tho.

16. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

:popcorn:

Think I'm gonna read over some stuff for myself and watch some new episodes of Better Call Saul.

You guys are a fun bunch, happy I joined the game so far

It's my day off today so I'll be /around to prod and respond

17. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

My initial reaction, to these posts is:

Other than that I'm nearly 200 posts behind but should catch up in a while.

18. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Fwiw it's less of a blind sheep than I may be projecting. There's a couple posts of Tak that I actually liked that I'm choosing to ignore and enough ****** feelings + Zack knows better. If that makes sense.

19. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

That's some seriously vague stuff right there zelda. A series of subjective and unassailable accusations without any examples what so ever. With a catch-22 that I "care too much" thrown in for good measure. I guess I'm biased but this is not a very villagery read at all.

20. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

He was talking nonsense, but you do you, I guess. When someone flat-out lies about something and the other person responds, that's not being defensive, that's attempting to get them to see sense.