1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Tak could you answer my question if you're around

:popcorn:

2. Takhisis

Takhisis brown-haired beauty

I'm still a hundred posts behind but vote: Synsensa.

Any post in particular? The number of tabs with this thread I have right now goes up to exactly eleven.

3. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

4. pzelda

pzelda King

Tbh, your response makes me even more biased. It's not that vague. There are no fallacies in your logic, because there's not much continuity. You're not really building a world. You're asking people questions and are more aggressive than feels natural.

5. Takhisis

6. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Can't it be both?

7. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

I don't feel like ISOing you at the moment, but if it was the 3-reads (including yours truly) then I pegged you as town for what appeared to be genuine probing and suspicion. If you want something more specific, feel free to @me; I'll check back later.

As for my Csargo read: I said it initially when I was townreading him: he felt muted by the spam rule. When I last read his ISO closer to EOD, I was coming around to maybe scum, but I still had him as more than likely town.

8. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Logic have you ISO'd me yet?

9. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Empoof imo thinks yesterday was WWW (with possibly a doubt on Sommer) so

That's diehard investigation just there.

I like it.

Spoiler :
    Other possibility is that yesterday was WVV and he is building up credit as wolf in a bold way... I am dismissing this for the time being

Empoof likes this.
  10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

That's kind of slim but I will let it there untill Tak is "flipped".

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

OK my reads... Here is my original read:
    Spoiler :
    Also Here is Tims final tally for reference:
    So for me the following are Town or at a minimum lynch immune for D2

Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Manasi, Raskol - for 100% correctly voting wolf D1
    Monty - for being on a confirmed wolf's kill list (along with Syn and Tak who are already on my no-lynch list) I will add however that I did say I thought that Csargo might include 1 wolf on his naughty list just to throw things off... so since this is my only positive read on Monty, I will say that he is the most likely decoy-wolf in Csargo's lynch list.

These next folks are question marks for me, but not worth considering lynching D2, because the third group has a guaranteed wolf in it.
    Johanna, Arakhor, Aimee, Winston

Group three is the lynch candidates, because they voted me and I am 100% sure they are wrong, while the rest of you at a minimum can't be 100% sure they weren't wrong.
    Yako, Dolbster, Snerk, Argon, Pzelda,

I don't know how many wolves there are total, or if we even get that information, I think someone said 5 earlier... but one of these 5 folks is definitely a wolf. Now of these 5, I'm inclined to cross off Snerk because I don't think there are 6 wolves and he was the only one on this list who did not have an extreme reaction to when I finally posted my reads. His reaction was along the lines of "OK that seems townish, I'll consider it" which, again out of the people on this list, seemed the most genuine.

So of the remaining 4 Pzelda would be my last wolf because Pzelda at least did accept that I was town and unvote me, but it was so extreme... "Oh you've convinced me so I am immediately unvoting you!"... It feels a little like pocketing... I mean I like to think I am persuasive and all that but it seemed a little too flattering. Plus if you are so convinced by my reasoning, why switch your vote to Tak who I have been adamant is town? So that was a little puzzling.

Higher on the list would be Yako. In contrast to Snerk, Yako has been just as extreme as Pzelda, just in the opposite direction "I don't care what you say you're wolf that's it lalalalalala!" is my impression of his reaction to all the favorable statements that have been made about me. He's basically tunneling me trying to keep the wheels on their wagon. In Yako's defense, I did vote him first, so he might just be in perma-OMGUS mode towards me.

Up next the top is Dolbster because he has been similar to Yako in tunneling and refusing to consider giving up his wagon. I don't give Dolbster the same benefit of the doubt as Yako though, because when I initially picked Yako, he immediately wagoned me to defend Yako, so in retrospect that makes me feel more like the two of them are w/w backing each other up.

But at the top of the list is Argon. He came after me, guns blazing, right from the D2 outset hoping to get the same wagon from D1 going and then as soon as folks started rejecting the "Sommers is clearly wolf" narrative he immediately tried to pocket me by announcing that he was totally convinced and immediately switching to Tak wagon. That coupled with all the lying about what position he was taking, saying I was town, then voting me anyway (before I suggested a flip), then lying about it, plus all the bandwagoning on the folks I think are town, and the all the distracting role-claiming to obscure his actual alignment... Argon seems like the most suspicious of all

So to me right now I lean Argon then Dolby, that is assuming that folks don't want to just flip me to get a hard-clear on all the D1 Csargo voters and a hard condemn on all the D1 Sommer voters.​

12. Takhisis

Thanks. Yes, that's the post. Not much to go on, but maybe worth remembering in the future.
    I actually posted on that earlier. It was bait, and I actually found Sommerswerd a lynch candidate independently of that. It's interesting to see that Synsensa (as I detailed in post #1397) chickened out when I called him out on his own ertswhile promises. (watch the video, too)
    Let's roll with the Arakhor-Takhisis competing bandwaggons.
    It's about as scientific a science as economics. I.e. it deals with humans so it can give rough predictions that will of course not survive contact with factual reality intact.
    But it can be useful as a tool.
    And if Arakhor flips town does that condemn scum?
    Also, if Argon is town, how does that make Arakhor look?
    And logically, if Arakhor is scum, how does Argon look?
    OK, so fart so good, but whom should we vote for, since you claim to have reread the entire thread in one go?
    I don't recall specific instances of events from most games, but if you have the time you'd better look up the Impending Retribution game. Backwards Logic gave me the dubious distinction of being the scummiest townie he ever saw as a host.

So basically tunnelling then?

13. Takhisis

unvote; vote: Arakhor

14. Takhisis

Already answered (crosspost)
    Careful! The earlier voters on any waggon can just be mafiosi who go caught and cannot move their vote later on in the day for whatever reason.

15. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I get that, but it makes ZERO sense to prioritize people who we know with 100% certainty voted correctly, in favor of people who we don't know whether they voted correctly or not. And since I know with 100% certainty that the folks who picked me were wrong, it makes no sense for me to guess beyond that group who the next wolf is, when I know for certain that there is a wolf in that small group.

16. Takhisis

All right.

17. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Official Tally

Voting

Arakhor (5) - Dolby, JohannaK, Raskol, Argon, Takhisis

Takhisis
    (4) - Arakhor, Empoof, Synsensa, Zelda

Empoof (2) - Visor, Winston

Johanna (1) - Snerk

Argon (1) - Yako

Sommer (1) - Monty

Not Voting - 3
    Aimee, Manasi, and Sommer
    Day Two ends in approximately 25 hours at 4 PM PST on Saturday, Feb. 22nd.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  18. Takhisis

So that would be Yakostovian, Dolbster, Montmorency, Snerk, LordArgon, Pzelda, and Csargo. That's an interesting subset.

19. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Yes, it's very interesting to see me not switching to Sommer when the person I'm voting for switches to Sommer. Your analyses continue to amaze.

20. topsecret

topsecret Believer

One of the crew returns to the transporter room, pondering the mysterious carving on the bottom of the console. They are surprised to find a mess on the transporter pad! They check the transporter logs and find that they have been deleted! Has someone beamed something onto the ship? Something that was...oozing???