1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

Yeah, should be the same as I gave it earlier:

Stronger town:
    Dolbster
    Yako
    Winston
    Rask

Decently town:
    PZelda
    Synsensa
    Visor

Think we should have Tak/Sommer wagons (with me of course :thumbsup:), not overly whelmed with Arak wagon since that's relevant but don't have a proper read there.

Everyone else I don't have that strong an opinion on.

2. Takhisis

Takhisis spells laser with an s

antispew mode detected

3. Empoof

Empoof Warlord

:mischief:

4. Takhisis

Takhisis spells laser with an s

Oh look, more lolcatting.

5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Official Tally

Voting

Takhisis
    (4) - Arakhor, Empoof, Synsensa, Zelda

Empoof (4) - Visor, Winston, Takhisis, JohannaK

Arakhor
    (2) - Dolby, Argon

Johanna
    (1) - Snerk

Argon (1) - Yako

Sommer (1) - Monty

Not Voting - 4
    Aimee, Manasi, Raskol and Sommer
    Day Two ends in approximately 19 hours at 4 PM PST on Saturday, Feb. 22nd.

6. Manasi

Manasi Prince

hey I’m out of town but caught up a bit

miss u Zack

lolempoof

7. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Yako, Dolbster then? pzelda? crystal clear.
    At least you are engaged....
    Who thinks this is fake like his D1 read list raises his hand.

the light is you being lunched btw :popcorn:
    as for your last inquiry...
    vote: Yakostovian

I disagree. Villagery would actually be drinking beers in that situation :p

8. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

lettuce lunch Tak

9. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Good morning,
    I'm catching up and I'm here with a hot take. Visor's scummier than Poof and yet still he's very likely town. I think that Visor handing out townreads is a good look, still I would like to see him little more engaged. I might even read the previous game for comparison.

This is an incredible shade.

True, but he's also a much better wolf.

These are def better than Tak's d1 reads, but there are still non-reads included like Lord Argon and Yako. I think that Monty read is alright. Snerk, Me and Dolbster are all vague but acceptable as opinions. I would like to see his reads of widely townread players such as Visor and Rask and his reads on Poof, Aimee, Arakhor too. I know these are only people on Sommer's wagon, but It just feels like too little for someone, who has a relatively good thread presence.

Very lazy and generalizing answer.

10. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Lazy would have been him typing "Winston Hughes" :coffee:

11. pzelda

pzelda Prince

It would be him giving a straight answer.

Also, I reread Arakhor's iso and it's trash. I wonder why visor likes him for town. Or Empoof?
    Arakhor and Tak can't be together but I strongly suspect that one of them is wolf.

12. pzelda

pzelda Prince

That was a silly way to word it. Just expect me to vote one of them and not empoof.

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I'd say 'thank you', but I'm not sure if it's a compliment. Either way, no townie should call for their own lynching. It wastes time and allows the scum another night to do as they please.

14. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

What? Just three pages to go through? Colour me surprised.

Generally, I like Dolbster today, in attitude and engagement. I am not all too clear on him, but I think he is probably town. Like Tak said, either that or he is a powerwolf.

I dont like Snerk, he feels lazy and less independent than voluntarily sidelining himself. But he's voting for me, so I am probably biased.

15. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Can anyone educate me on "deepwolf"? and "lolcatting"?

16. Sommerswerd

I just woke up a few minutes ago and tried to catch up a bit on the goings on . This is my interpretation of Tims last leaderboard.

Almost everyone voting for Tak are town (with Pzelda being the only question mark).
    Everyone voting for Empoof are town.
    Tak and Empoof are both town.

As a result, the wolves have no skin in the game and are mostly staying off the wagons to avoid drawing any attention to themselves. No point in getting caught spacing a town when the town will do it all by themselves. I look carefully at all the people who aren't on either of the main 2 wagons. Then I look at my last list of who the potential wolves were. It matches up almost perfectly with my list of potential wolves. The only outliers are Monty and Pzelda. Now with Monty I did say the only factor in Monty's favor was that Csargo named him as a wolf, but I acknowledged that could have been misdirection, so Monty voting off the wagons and thus a wolf is consistent with that. I also said that Pzelda was my weakest wolf read, because of how quickly Pzelda correctly embraced my innocence. I stated that I was worried it could have just been pocketing, but I will admit that I'm reconsidering given the current state of things.

But I don't think its a coincidence that all the folks staying off the main two wagons are mostly the folks I named as the potential wolves. It just reeks of the wolves sitting back and letting us lynch our own. Furthermore, even if my wolf read on Pzelda was correct, it would make the most sense for Pzelda to stay on Tak who I'm confident is town, to prevent the Tak wagon from disintegrating.

17. Yakostovian

Yakostovian Prince

Deepwolf: the wolf that is trying (mostly successfully) to look super villagery i.e. the most surprising wolf in the playerlist.
    lolcatting: where a mafia makes nonsense posts that is more or less an admission of guilt so as to not spew their teammates nor put anyone else in the clear. (originally it was mostly composed of lolcat memes, hence the name)

18. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Deepwolf is someone, who when wolfing goes deep, is usually active and looks overall towny or gets townread by town leaders.
    Lolcatting has been misused in this game imo. Usually, when a wolf is outed, the only reasonable thing they can do is to post gifs of cats. That's where it originated. Here, Someone used it to describe a feeling you might get from certain posts, which look like you're admitting your guilt. Also, wolves tend to throw the word around to discredit certain playstyles.

My thoughts were slightly different. I think Empoof's town and that Tak's wagon doesn't look as good with Arakhor on it, but I still can't get around to townreading Tak.

This I can get behind, tho. And it's what could lead to w/w situation with Tak/Csargo. Wolves are mostly sidelining without bigger impact on wagons and the game.

19. pzelda

pzelda Prince

Rask not even voting is interesting. I think he had some good posts earlier and that he was quite opinionated and this simply surprised me.
    I would love to hear Manasi's take on Visor.
    Aimee's struggling, but I think that it's because she's a wolf. It's difficult to post opinions if your first game is wolfing.

Sommer, who do you intent to vote?

I've already changed my reads so many times today but the bottom five for now is:
    Snerk, Tak, Visor, Aimee and Arakhor

Visor, I don't independently scumread him but I suspect him to be the most likely deepwolf, if there's any. I saw some real genuine thinking from Dolbster earlier today and I just don't feel Empoof. Raskol or Winston are more difficult to get grasp of today than they were yesterday, but neither former nor later seem to manipulate the game. One of them or Monty probably would be my sixth pick for a wolf.

My town circle:
    Johanna, Argon, Syn, Dolby, Yako, Sommer, Empoof, Visor, Winston, Rask, Monty

20. Sommerswerd

Tanks :thumbsup:
    Thank you :D
    The problem with this is that if Tak was a wolf (he's not) and Empoof was town (he is) then the wolves would be voting Empoof to save Tak and they're not. They're staying out of it because both Tak and Empoof are town, so they don't care which one dies.