Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Talking about a deepwolf, I didn't necessarily mean someone who bussed Csargo.

I was more talking about someone who's doing a good job faking town play and picking up positive reads.

:mischief:

Is there any possibility that there's a klingon on each tally right now? I was looking at the vote tally and noticed that there's at least one of my "scum leans" on each, and I'm wondering if this is the case for anyone else.

Pretty standard scum play in my book. Mafs spreading votes I mean.

I don't have a great deal of posts, so it shouldn't be difficult to find the ones today where I point out I'm catching up.

Yes, I had noticed you lurking.

Because randomly lynching within a group is not productive.

This, however, is quite true. Lynching six (maybe seven) people is pretty much all we can expect in a game this size, so ignoring all other leads to hunt down half a dozen people is not a good use of time.

Wouldn't they know that killing Zak when he named Tak result in an immediate lynch of Tak? So isn't that what the wolves would do to frame Tak? Or is that too smart for them, while doing all this complex shenanigans with their votes to stay "deep-wolf" is totes believable???

Zack, Winston and Visorslash are frequent early kill-bait and, as noted, Zack generally knows what he's talking about with Takhisis.

Still don't know why Tak is in the lead but ok

For myself, it's because Takhisis has had ample opportunities to produce valuable insight or defense, and has actively chosen to flounder instead. Since Takh is a veteran, I personally feel that he could do better if he were innocent.

I also find spacing him to be likely illuminating. D1 reads are just that, but Zack unraveled Csargo's alignment adeptly and then offered a twilight reads list. Then the decision was made by the klingons to kill him. As I mentioned early on in D2, this could be a bad move (his reads are right, and now we know it) or it could be a nice gamble (his reads are wrong, but we'll waste a lynch figuring that out).

Mary (and possibly Aimee) spacing themselves complicates this a little because now we have less leeway. The reminder that there's a 3P, or multiple 3Ps, is another wrinkle. That said, the D2 morning report also made it clear that the klingons don't need parity; they need to kill specific people. I think that evens it out a little -- we still have enough leeway to do an "illuminating" lynch. Takh was Zack's next target, so we'll have a gander at that and see what happens.

Now, that doesn't mean Zack's reads list is the gospel and should be followed blindly. But it doesn't help that Takh has wasted every chance for giving a reason why he shouldn't have been Zack's next choice. There are other suspicious people, but right this very moment Takh seems like a reasonable choice. He's acted scummy, he was listed by the NK, and his reads have been limited to pointing at those who are voting for him. Is there a compelling reason to believe he is innocent beyond his parked vote on D1 to space Csargo?

This is what a Mafia game should look like. :love:

Here's my problem... why do we assume that when it comes to the voting all the wolves were playing 3 dimensional chesss mind games where they were all bussing and or allowing Csargo to die to keep themselves concealed/throw us off their trail... but when it comes to killing Zack they would be sooooo obvious as to kill Zack because he named Tak? :confused:

Wouldn't they know that killing Zak when he named Tak result in an immediate lynch of Tak? So isn't that what the wolves would do to frame Tak? Or is that too smart for them, while doing all this complex shenanigans with their votes to stay "deep-wolf" is totes believable???

lolwifom

Not killing Zack also dooms Tak, and Zack remains alive to do analysis and find more scum.

The reality is 1-2 scum total were on Csargo in almost every world.

pls don't do this again

What do you mean?

Here's my problem... why do we assume that when it comes to the voting all the wolves were playing 3 dimensional chesss mind games where they were all bussing and or allowing Csargo to die to keep themselves concealed/throw us off their trail... but when it comes to killing Zack they would be sooooo obvious as to kill Zack because he named Tak? :confused:

Let's keep it simple. They prolly didn't all bus :)rolleyes:), and prolly killing Zack wasn't a consensus. Still, it's not about how they felt about it, but how killing Zack would be felt by the uninformed majority.
Zack's team killing Visor N2 in Mario maf is a great example. You could say it was pretty obvious who did it (Zack!), but scums got away with it, cause endless debates, lobbying, misleading posts, nonsense, (poor town play from Ras), etc...

Yes, I had noticed you lurking.

This, however, is quite true. Lynching six (maybe seven) people is pretty much all we can expect in a game this size, so ignoring all other leads to hunt down half a dozen people is not a good use of time.

Zack, Winston and Visorslash are frequent early kill-bait and, as noted, Zack generally knows what he's talking about with Takhisis.
OK... that's the second post in only a few minutes basically reminding me that I'm a newb, which I have to accept, because its kinda true... so rather than vote with one of the current wagons which I am confident are all town... I'll

vote: Lord Argon

who is currently my strongest wolf read, and hope some folks see the light and join me. Wife is whining for me make dinner and I can't ignore anymore :p Hopefully I will be around for EOD.

Isn't that, like, the whole game?

:confused:

Winston, what did you think of my post earlier in the day on Visor and Empoof switching simultaneously from Tak to Csargo when the two were tied? If Tak flips town, does that clear Empoof?

Which post is that?

And, if it's not explained in that post, why would Tak flipping town clear Empoof? I hadn't given it much thought, but I'd had an idea the opposite might be true.

The reality is 1-2 scum total were on Csargo in almost every world.

Well, yes, but Sommer wanted to lynch within Yako, Dolbster, you, Snerk, Argon and Pzelda, not within Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Manasi and Raskol.

Quick Q. If the wagons are in the same place at EoD as they are now (5-5-4) and someone on the 5s switches to Arakhor (4) is that still considered a tie?

Quick Q. If the wagons are in the same place at EoD as they are now (5-5-4) and someone on the 5s switches to Arakhor (4) is that still considered a tie?

I guess. but 5 bucks on Manasi voting Empoof.

:confused:

Which post is that?

And, if it's not explained in that post, why would Tak flipping town clear Empoof? I hadn't given it much thought, but I'd had an idea the opposite might be true.

At the time of the Empoof-Visor x-vote onto Csargo, he and Tak were tied 5-5. Visor and Empoof both switched from Tak to Csargo.

What I take from this: Visor and Empoof not paired. Tak not paired with Visor or Empoof. If Tak town then Visor and Empoof cleared.

Honestly, if Sommer is scum and Tak is scum then Empoof is cleared and Visor is overcleared (and a certain other player is heavily implicated).

What do you mean?

The thing where you just use a dismissive, charged defense and your actual commentary has to be massaged out of you over the course of a page or two. You and I did it and it sucked. If someone is lying/wrong, just explain how. Saying "WRONG." with your lips on the microphone doesn't do anything.

Visor is looking substantially worse than Winston rn. As others have noted, he just seems a lot less present than usual. Still not thinking he might be the powerwolf.

The thing where you just use a dismissive, charged defense and your actual commentary has to be massaged out of you over the course of a page or two. You and I did it and it sucked. If someone is lying/wrong, just explain how. Saying "WRONG." with your lips on the microphone doesn't do anything.

My position was the same as Winston's. Seriously, just ISO me, there's no excuse not to. I'm not Tim.

lol xpost

Visor is looking substantially worse than Winston rn. As others have noted, he just seems a lot less present than usual. Still not thinking he might be the powerwolf.

So flip Tak and find out.

Top Bottom