1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Mafia: The Original Spewing - Crew and 3P win

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Timsup2nothin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:mischief:

Pretty standard scum play in my book. Mafs spreading votes I mean.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Yes, I had noticed you lurking.

This, however, is quite true. Lynching six (maybe seven) people is pretty much all we can expect in a game this size, so ignoring all other leads to hunt down half a dozen people is not a good use of time.

Zack, Winston and Visorslash are frequent early kill-bait and, as noted, Zack generally knows what he's talking about with Takhisis.

3. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

For myself, it's because Takhisis has had ample opportunities to produce valuable insight or defense, and has actively chosen to flounder instead. Since Takh is a veteran, I personally feel that he could do better if he were innocent.

I also find spacing him to be likely illuminating. D1 reads are just that, but Zack unraveled Csargo's alignment adeptly and then offered a twilight reads list. Then the decision was made by the klingons to kill him. As I mentioned early on in D2, this could be a bad move (his reads are right, and now we know it) or it could be a nice gamble (his reads are wrong, but we'll waste a lynch figuring that out).

Mary (and possibly Aimee) spacing themselves complicates this a little because now we have less leeway. The reminder that there's a 3P, or multiple 3Ps, is another wrinkle. That said, the D2 morning report also made it clear that the klingons don't need parity; they need to kill specific people. I think that evens it out a little -- we still have enough leeway to do an "illuminating" lynch. Takh was Zack's next target, so we'll have a gander at that and see what happens.

Now, that doesn't mean Zack's reads list is the gospel and should be followed blindly. But it doesn't help that Takh has wasted every chance for giving a reason why he shouldn't have been Zack's next choice. There are other suspicious people, but right this very moment Takh seems like a reasonable choice. He's acted scummy, he was listed by the NK, and his reads have been limited to pointing at those who are voting for him. Is there a compelling reason to believe he is innocent beyond his parked vote on D1 to space Csargo?

4. Synsensa

pls don't do this again

5. Arakhor

Not that I disagree, but why not?

6. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

This is what a Mafia game should look like. :love:

7. Montmorency

Montmorency King

lolwifom

Not killing Zack also dooms Tak, and Zack remains alive to do analysis and find more scum.

The reality is 1-2 scum total were on Csargo in almost every world.

What do you mean?

8. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

Let's keep it simple. They prolly didn't all bus :)rolleyes:), and prolly killing Zack wasn't a consensus. Still, it's not about how they felt about it, but how killing Zack would be felt by the uninformed majority.
    Zack's team killing Visor N2 in Mario maf is a great example. You could say it was pretty obvious who did it (Zack!), but scums got away with it, cause endless debates, lobbying, misleading posts, nonsense, (poor town play from Ras), etc...

9. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

OK... that's the second post in only a few minutes basically reminding me that I'm a newb, which I have to accept, because its kinda true... so rather than vote with one of the current wagons which I am confident are all town... I'll

vote: Lord Argon

who is currently my strongest wolf read, and hope some folks see the light and join me. Wife is whining for me make dinner and I can't ignore anymore :p Hopefully I will be around for EOD.

10. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

:confused:

Which post is that?

And, if it's not explained in that post, why would Tak flipping town clear Empoof? I hadn't given it much thought, but I'd had an idea the opposite might be true.

11. Arakhor

Well, yes, but Sommer wanted to lynch within Yako, Dolbster, you, Snerk, Argon and Pzelda, not within Synsensa, Visor, Empoof, Takhisis, Manasi and Raskol.

12. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

Quick Q. If the wagons are in the same place at EoD as they are now (5-5-4) and someone on the 5s switches to Arakhor (4) is that still considered a tie?

13. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

^^ not cleared, but better looking Winston. like Visor

14. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I guess. but 5 bucks on Manasi voting Empoof.

15. Montmorency

Montmorency King

16. Synsensa

The thing where you just use a dismissive, charged defense and your actual commentary has to be massaged out of you over the course of a page or two. You and I did it and it sucked. If someone is lying/wrong, just explain how. Saying "WRONG." with your lips on the microphone doesn't do anything.

17. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Visor is looking substantially worse than Winston rn. As others have noted, he just seems a lot less present than usual. Still not thinking he might be the powerwolf.

18. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

I checked, you're right, I misremembered, my bad.

Montmorency likes this.
  19. Montmorency

Montmorency King

My position was the same as Winston's. Seriously, just ISO me, there's no excuse not to. I'm not Tim.

lol xpost

So flip Tak and find out.

20. Dolbster

Dolbster Emperor

Montmorency likes this.