Star Trek Mod Pool

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Glorfinder, Dec 12, 2003.

?

Does The World Need A Star Trek Mod?

1. Yes!! Very Fine Idea

228 vote(s)
    87.7%
  2. I dont care

19 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. No!! Dont Even Try To Do That

13 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Adler17

Adler17 Prussian Feldmarschall

There should be a much bigger map I agree. And perhaps the Borg are too easy. I wished there is something like the map switch in Civ2 ToT. So we could make all 4 quadrants quiete well...

Adler

2. Tzar Sasha

Tzar Sasha Tzar of Nowheresville

Sorry, about that. I have to balance work, family, playing the game, creating units, and staying caught up with my favorite tv shows... I'll try to get back into it soon....

3. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Hey, I understand... Can't count the times that my wife came complaining that I play to much... :D Wish I had your talent for making units so I could help... :(

4. Kenta'arka

Kenta'arka King

I know what you mean Tzar, I got absolutely no time atm, unfortunately that reduces the time I can spend with the mod to 0. Sorry about that guys, but I hope I will have a little more time soon :(

Oh, and Aralanis, I didn't forgot you, but I don't have the time atm, maybe Glorfinder could help you?

5. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

like u guys i dont have much time but i can beta test though. its all i can really do right now sry.

edit) im also wondering who are the official creators for this?

6. TVA22

TVA22 King

I just downloaded this mod, version 7.0, and noticed that you can't build any settlers... Is this intentional, or a mishap? Since there's no civilopedia, I don't know if I'm supposed to just wait a while and build something that gives me settlers.. or what...

7. god_43

god_43 Chieftain

ya its like that, this is a beta, its not finished

8. Kenta'arka

Kenta'arka King

You can't built settlers, thats intentional. you have to build the colonization program, it will give you a settler every 20 rounds. and because there is no pedia, I put a word file with a building list in mod directory ;)

9. LeeT911

LeeT911 Eloquent Silence

Hey, I was wondering if you guys are still working on this mod? I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, but I've been wanting a space type mod for a long time. I'm willing to help out on odds and ends, you know, fixing things in the editor, building/tech ideas, might even try tackling the 'pedia as that's sorely lacking right now.

I hope someone's still thinking about this.

10. Tzar Sasha

11. Chaos_BF1942

Chaos_BF1942 Prince

I downloaded this mod a while ago, and just got around to playing it. Love it ^_^, it combined two things I love.

Wish there is a way for me too help, but I have no idea how to mod.

12. shnjavi

shnjavi Chieftain

I downloaded your mode and I playing it for some time. It is very good!!!! One thing I have to say: On your map (sol sector) dominion is on incorrect position and borg is too left.I can post you map of milky way.

13. Tzar Sasha

They were put in at those positions so they could be played.
    Not all maps will have correct positioning for all civs.
    Could you imagine how big the map would have to be? And how little "land" area there would be....

14. uubry

uubry Deamon Deacon

Where do I find the download stuff. :confused:

15. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

This project is dead apparently

16. Tzar Sasha

Here is a link to the post where you can find the latest download. I'm not sure if anything else is required or not....
    StarTrek 0.7.0

17. Flamand

I’m currently working on a new map, much larger than the original one and with a whole number of other civilizations (mainly the ones for which icons were already in place). The work is almost done, but I still have a couple of small problems:

* I can’t get the PCX’s right (for civilopedia). It looks good in Photoshop, but Civ III has it’s own way with it, coloring some parts pink. Anyone knows how to solve it?
    * Is there a maximum number of civ’s? There are 32 civ colors, but is that the maximum?
    * Is anyone currently working on additional units? If so, I would love to include them…

With any luck I should be ready in a couple of weeks, after some extensive testing… :)

18. Steel General

Steel General Master of Temporal Fugue

31 civ's is the maximum number.

19. Tzar Sasha

There are a couple of the 256 color slots allocated for the game's use. Call up a few pictures from the standard game. See which color spots in the palete are dedicated to certain colors. Carry those exact color entries over to your new picture. You may have to create a custom color scheme for your picture. I'd take a look for you, but most of my programs have expired their trial periods. And I don't plan on getting back into the graphics/units stuff for a while. I'd like to wait and see what Civ 4 has to offer us....

If you have other colors in the dedicated spots, the game will overwrite that color with the dedicated color whether that be pink, blue, or whatever...

20. Flamand

Thanks for the tip! :) I just checked it in Photoshop and I see what you mean. I’ll try to take it into account.

At the moment my mod is ready, but I still have one very annoying bug. It seems to crash irregularly every few turns, but only when contact is made with another civ. The first 30 or so turns contacting civ’s goes well, and then suddenly when you contact one you’ve been talking to already many times it’s over. If you start again form a saved game it works fine, but only for some 5-10 turns and the same happens again… Does anyone have any idea what it is and how to solve it? :confused:
    Could it be that I have too many civ’s (31) and that they contact each other too much ‘behind the scenes’?
    Once this bug is fixed I can post a first version of the mod… :D