Star Trek Mod Rules

Discussion in 'Star Trek: the Mod' started by Logitech, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

This thread is for discussing the rules of the mod, like do we want to keep the resouce-specific ships? Do we want infantry to have better attack than defense? Do we want the Colonization program to start us off with a steady supply of settlers, build our own settlers, or a combo of both? Stuff like that :).

2. jfby

jfby Warlord

I think we should disband the resource specific ships for the simple fact that on the TV shows the other races never built/used other races ships in large quantities.

The infantry situation needs to be alleviated (too many in the cities), but giving them better attack then defense is a very good start. Having them cost population would slow the build up of the units, but not stop it.

I think a combination of colonization and building settles is a great idea.

Other than that, with the exception of some unit graphics that are missing, any tweaks will only improve on this already great mod.

I would like to open a discusion on how to handle the whole 'founding the Federation' deal. It seems contradictory to me that the only way to found the Federation is through either bribing the other colonies away, then conquering the last city, or just outright total war. I know Civ 3 lacks a way of peaceful integration, but it would be nice if the 'right' civs to found the Federation were more receptive to the Federation, and their highest level ground units had a weakness to Federation ground troops to make conquering easier/faster.

3. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

I am happy to hear your input, jfby. I'm not sure about what to do concerning the Fed's 'peaceful' joining with other civs, but I'm sure it will be something like that.
    And yes, the Star Trek Mod is the best mod ever. I only hope that once Flamand gets back to civ and stuff he can lead us once more. ;)

4. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

I want to know if anyone thinks it's a good idea to have the planetary systems discovered in Real Life to be put in with the Trek star systems on the XL map. I think this would be a very good map improvement and game balencing method. The kind of systems I have in mind to add are ones like Gliese 876 and GL 521, mostly ones that have multiple planets, preferably other than just gas giants. What do you guys think?

5. JSnider

JSnider Prince

Seems fine to me ... gives a nice relation to now for the map.

6. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

I am pleased to report that dispite my lack of time working on civ and the Star Trek mod, I have finally got a huge chunk of the XL map done, and I have done some debuging/unit combat testing. I think I'm very close to fixing the unfair combat problem. The exact results are:
    at April, 2119 AD, the Vulcans and Andorians delcared war. P'jem was conquered by the andorians, but after a few turns, the Vulcan AI (mysteriously) filled a transport w/ four Minor Infantry and sent it to Andoria, where they fought and conquered the system!
    Meanwhile, the Rigelians and the Suliban declared war. The Suliban lost 2 systems to the Rigelians.
    Conclusion: the AI seems to be liking the new unit stats. I still want to balance the defence bonuses out a little, to make easy conquering less likely, and I want to check other eras, but so far it's looking good.

7. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

On the topic on Cloaking Device abilities, what do you think of stealth attack (against military ships only) with invisibility?

8. jfby

jfby Warlord

I haven't played the Civ III mod in months... are you asking if it should be allowed, or it's already in the game and how we like it?

Going on the assumption it's not in yet, I would only want it if attacking made the unit visible to the defender for 1 turn.

9. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

I wish it would make the attacking cloaked ship visible, but that's not possible in Civ 3. :\

And it should be in the last version of the mod if you want to check it out.

10. jfby

jfby Warlord

Believe me when I say I wish I could play, but until this week, I've played about 4 hrs of games in the last 2 months, and I'm trying to play the 'newer' games I own; Dragon Age Origins and Gran Turismo 5, both are presents and I try to get my use out of them... I'm thinking in the next few months I MIGHT have some more time, but there is no promises. If I get more, I will play this for sure!

11. Logitech

Logitech A Person.

Mmk, well be sure to stay subscribed for the next release! Not sure when it'll be out, because I too need time to test the completed Medium-sized map, but hopefully 0.9.1 will be an AWESOME use of time. XD