1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Agent327, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'm currently playing a Multiplayer game of Star Trek main mod on IP connection with Zippadeedoodah and it's going quite well, although after 11/2 hrs OOSes appear more frequently (which is when we usually call it a day).

2. jfby

jfby Chieftain

Subbed. Let us know how things progress. Which race are the two of you playing?

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Romulans (Zippadeedoodah) and Klingons. The Klingons started off in a distant right corner of a Large FF Flat map, with Bajor below and the Dominion to the left. The Romulans are beyond the Dominion (which managed to keep one system the entire time). Currently the Cardassians have DOWed Bajor (!), while both Romulans and Klingons are in a defensive pact with the Federation. the other civs are Borg, Ferengi (in the lead), and all Alpha Quadrant civs, including the Breen. When saving and exiting last night most of the map had been explored and colonized; the Klingons are building Heavy Is and Light Vs, while controlling 8 systems or so. The Romulans are slightly larger. Unitwise I'm guessing the Cardassians should be in the lead, but that may change as more wars erupt.;)

PS: I'll try and remember to take some screenshots.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Seems I only got 5 systems so far.

Here's a screenshot of the Klingon homeworld:

Attached Files:

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Is there anything specific that happens right when the OOS errors start to occur? A specific unit enabled, for instance?

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Not that we've noticed, but we weren't really focused on that. All that I can say right now is that a number of OOSes seem to appear after about 11/2 hrs of play. As this seems to happen each time I doubt there's something specific to the mod that triggers it, but next time I'll ask Zippadeedoodah to keep the saves he's making when an OOS occurs.

7. Amuroray

Amuroray Chieftain

Hi,

Next weekend with my friends (4) we are planning to try this mod on Ip connection, I guess we going to have a lot of OOS but we will try to keep an eye on what will trigger them^^