Star Wars: Galactic Empires

I guess we'll have to finish with Dice after all. I thought it would be possible to finish the tactical battle. I just wanted to have a shot at actually winning the fight.

I think I'm going to end this now. In case you never heard, this is a beta version for Galactic Empires II: Downfall of the Empire. I've picked up a wealth of data on movement(needs rebalancing), research(same), tactical combat(very much needs it) and other things. I'll get the new game up soon after I iron out the last few details.

The tactical combat is just taking too long - I think I can find a way to shorten it, but we'll see.

Sorry if you wanted to fight the Yuuzhan Vong, but it would take just to long. I can make them appear in Downfall thought:mwaha:

However, if you really want me to continue this for a while, then say so and someone else can moderate/play Yuuzhan Vong. I'll PM you what you need to know and update the front-page map every turn.

But I'll have moved into Downfall either way.

- Lighthearter

Can we do Empire At War this time, please?

How are you planning to do this? Multiplayer? That assumes that each player has the game. Have LH play it himself? Well, the tactical AI is really not that great, so whichever side gets stuck being the AI is going to lose. Well, I guess you could have an AI vs. AI battle. Never watched one of those, but I don't know if it would be exciting. Is it even possible to give each side the appropriate starting forces?

Damn, now I remember you start with nothing in the skirmish - I really need to play that again.

Whosit: Bursting bubbles since nineteen-something-something. :p

If anyone really wanted to contuinue this, i could probably continue it. Not at as fast a pace as an update everyday, but something reasobale at least. If i have a stake in the fight, then nuke can do the dice or something.

Sure that sounds good. Oh yeah what's this Downfall thingy?

There should definitely be a sequel to this...

Also, in

Obviously in.

Just noticed this. A sequel? I'm in.

Hmmm. Seeing as LH apparently isnt going to revive this, I think we should take things into our own hands. Anyone want to GM it? I will if nobody else wants the responsibility, but I do hope people will volunteer to take at least some of the burden. So some questions for those who wish to play:

Does anybody wish to see a change in the rules at all? I will probably be slightly adjusting the stats after reviewing them and the thread to try and make things more balanced, and perhaps a new mechanic or two. Anything somebody wants to see in particular?

Do you want it to take place in a different period of Star Wars history for different roleplay opportunities?

How many NPCs do you want in the game? I am not sure if I will make my own nation or just play the NPCs. Depends on the time period, but im thinking anywhere from 2-7 NPCs of various sizes would be good. Comments? Suggestions?

Last time I spoke to people it seemed like Red was making progress and that either he would GM it, or that we would co-GM it. Not sure whats going to happen.

Top Bottom