Star Wars: Invasion of Naboo For BTS

Popcornlord

Steampunk Mechanic
The Return of the Star Wars Mod

After many false starts and plenty of threads on the subject, I finally give you a very alpha version of the Star Wars mod, based on the Invasion of Naboo! Hopefully this time it'll stay. I'm the only one working on it right now, but if someone would be willing to help, thanks. Right now there's one civ, Naboo, which counts for gungans and humans. Later I'll add the federation and split naboo. Also, sounds were a little big, so they're uploaded seperately to filefront here:
http://files.filefront.com/Sounds7z/;12244774;/fileinfo.html
So go ahead: download, play and criticize!

Download Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11118

Spoiler :
Credits:
Me, for modding it in.
Woodelf, for speeder and palace textures.
The Coyote and Ajidica for the naboo starfighter graphic
And everyone who previously worked on the Star Wars mod, for ideas and keeping it active.

Known bugs:
None reported. Everyone, play more!

Changelog:
Spoiler :

V.15 Update
Text files are now compact
Tech Quotes added (thought I had them in earlier)
Naval units, plus Naval Techs
Fixed Naboo Starfighter graphic
Two buildings added
More minor changes
New (naval) improvement

V.1A Patch
Removed old tech tree
Added Starfighter graphics
Minor changes

V.1 Initial Release
Added naboo civ
Added land non-leader/hero units for naboo
Added Fighters for naboo
Added Tech tree
Removed lots of vanilla stuff
Added Races

What needs to be modded for now:
Spoiler :

Buildings (ideas and XML); being done by me
Civics (ideas and XML); T_KCommanderbly
Federation and more gungan units (XML, plus check python)(look here for my origional ideas: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7094150&postcount=142)
Python (layers for space and land, settler carring religion, recidge (spelling?) option, hero units that increase other unit's attack (FFH has something similar I believe...))
Traits
Art!!!
Ideas for anything are always accepted

(please don't do any modding now as I am currently debugging and should release a new version by tonight)
Any people who wish to join modding or are currently unclear at what they are doing please post what you would like to do here. Thank you.

Pictures, pictures, pictures!:

Tech Tree:

List of units with woodelf's speeder:

Greeting the gungan:

Loads of units (now if only I had some graphics!):

Why are there War elephants and catapults in the screnshot for a starwars mod?

Because they were used in the invasion of Naboo.:rolleyes: (The battle scenes were quite impressive IMO. If you didn't see the movie there's plenty of video uploads of just the battle itself.);)

Good to see Star Wars mod isn't dead after all!:goodjob:

All but the speeders and palace are placeholders, actually. There's not a huge amount of Naboo graphics around. I'm supprised you dinn't find the marines and ancient spy strange too (ok, the spy dosen't look so out of place, but still...). Most of them don't make much sense, but I thought the catapault was obvious (gungan energy catapault). It's definetly not a complete mod.

Great potentiol mod, I have a list of several to try, keep going on this:goodjob:

I made a Z95 today, but didn't finish it. Not sure if it has a place since this seems more land based and I don't create that type of units very well.

I'd suggest using some of the SMAC citysets to make it more sci-fi. I started a Naboo city about 18 months ago. I'll see if I can find it.

I thought someone made a Naboo Starfighter a while ago? It has no custom animations or a gloss map so it needs a bit of work. A glossmap is a necesity to get the shiny parts on the starfighter.

That was me. :p

Gloss maps aren't my thing unfortunately. I could have someone touch it up though and it could use some FF animations now that would be good.

Cool. It was a nice unit. A glossmap would be nice to round out some of the lines. I'm trying to figure out a glossmap, I'll give it a go.

A naboo fighter and citysets would be greatly appriceated, but I'm fairly sure they didn't use any headhunters. But any comments on balance or bugs? It's the main reason I uploaded it.

Great mod!

But I don't think Gungan eleohants should be ligh and heavy armor. Somting like mounted would be beter.

Also as the humans living on Naboo are very peaceful I don't think any of there units should be considert as heavy armor.

Cool. It was a nice unit. A glossmap would be nice to round out some of the lines. I'm trying to figure out a glossmap, I'll give it a go.

if you have problems doing it i would do it (linking to an animation, add gloss, eg)

My main problem is that there isnt an FX nif. Refars tutorial doesnt say how to make an FX nif. Once I figure that out. gloss probably would be that hard. I have not a clue how to do animations and I think it would look nice if it was rigged to an animation from FF.

try this, iirc i described (very short) in refar thread how it is possible to make a shader model, it is necessary that the model is rigged to an armature, than it is possble to create a skin partition in nifscope and than the rest from the tutorial - unfortunally here the model was not rigged to a bones (and this is afaik only in 3D modeling programs possible), therefore this option did not existed. Here is a nif with an animation (a changed jetfighter animation), could you check the gloss map, i had no idea where the model should have gloss or not (and also how much)

edit: dl removed

I checked it out, not in game unfortunatly considering my DVD-ROM drive is broke, but I looked at the glossmap and it matches my somewhat-old LEGO Naboo Starfighter. If you would like it, I could dig it up and redo the skin with more detail. If it is possible without having to redo the entire unit, is it possible to move the cocpit forwar more and increase the hypotenuse of the triangles on the glass? The Naboo cocpit was farther forward.

will need some reshape in Blender but will be not that hard, expect the result today evening (european time). When you finished your texture i will (try - still beginner at this) bake some lights on it

Great mod!

But I don't think Gungan eleohants should be ligh and heavy armor. Somting like mounted would be beter.

Also as the humans living on Naboo are very peaceful I don't think any of there units should be considert as heavy armor.

I'm using the terms heavy and light armor very loosly. The gungans didn't use any tanks, which would cause a disrupt in balance because of the rock-paper-sissors-artillery way I'm designing units. The kaadu are the closest thing to them. On the other hand, there will/are no mounted for other civs, again causing a disrupt in the balance.
As for your second comment, I would disagree with you. They are quite peaceful, I know, but later in the battle of naboo they had to use their full strength. If they held off the federation long enough they would have probably built some heavy weapons. The make your own history idea of cvilization makes some interesting things to think about. Plus, the tanks are cannon: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Steadfast_(tank) and there's the whole blance thing. If someone disagrees with me there, go ahead.

And too everyone else, expect a minor update when The_Coyote and Ajidica finishes the naboo starfighter. BTW is it possible to make it floating? The fighters dogfighting on the ground just look strange and unrealistic. Thanks.

Top Bottom