Star Wars: Invasion of Naboo For BTS

I don't think you can desing units rock-paper-sissors-artillery way becose of the diferences in the difrent races. The Gungans for example use low-tech units so they should have week units, but there units should be cheaper to balance with the powerful Trade federation units.

You still haven't convinced me that the Nabooans should have heavy armor units. The only heavy armor units in the invasion of Naboo should be the Trade federation AAT and other units like that (heavy armord tanks with heavy fierpower).

new version, moved the cockpit more to the front (used a side "picture" as reference, but it seems there are different position in the net), also made some minor changes to the model and UV.

@ Ajidica
I could dig it up and redo the skin with more detail

:) (<- Yes, the texture with noShadow is without baked shadow, if you change this one i will bake the shadows after you redone it again)

@ Popcornlord
the last time i controlled the unit in game it flow (hope this you meant with floating) ;) , atm it is linked to an air unit animation (changed JetFighter), therefore the domain should be set to Domain Air

Attachments

• glossyNaboo2.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 219
Well most of the republic didn't militarize until the clone wars, the outer-rim planets probably would've been quite effective fighters due to a hardly enforced law. aside from that I'd like to get back to helping with what ever possible.

I hope that this mod succeed in finishing up, besides the other star wars mod which was really buggy and not finished. Keep up the good work, you got a lot of fans to please :)

Jakob Safa: I'm not letting heavy units be avaible to only the federation. I could combind heavy and light to just 'armor', or I could rename heavy armor, if that will satisfy you. And if you don't like the rock-paper-sissors idea, then I'd like for you to explain your idea more. (BTW the gungans were very good fighters. The federation just way outnumbered them)

The Coyote: Looks very good, but by floating, I mean as in it floats abve the ground when I set it to a land unit. Do you think it would be easily done?

Black Baron: Do you have any ideas for buildings, because that's what I want to work with next, and I'm stuck for ideas. Or, if you don't want to help that way, I'm sure I could find something for you to mod. Or you could test!

Everyone: updated to V .1A

If you don't want to give heavy armor only to the trade federation then you should add some techs to the tech tree and add some more late game units between them you can make some Naboo heavy armor. The curent Naboo heavy armor is more like something between light and heavy armor. Like one step in the Naboo developtment of heavy armor.

About my idea, I have played some games where there were 3 difrent sides to play, one using powerful but expensive wepons, one using cheap but weak wepons and one using weak but fast or stalth wepons. On Naboo we have the paeaceful Naboo people that only have some light wepons that is used to deal with criminals, the Gungans which are good fighters, bot have low-tech wepons and the Trade federation which have high-tech wepons and have there army developt already. I think you could give the Gungans some cheap and weak units(they are very good fighters but I think they have lost against the trade federation beacause there shilds were only avalable to work some time before overheating and stopt working, when this hapend the Trade federation was able to send in the heavy armor and crush the Gungans), the Trade federation should have powerful but expensive units, and the Nabooans which should have weak but fast units and if you realy want you can give them some more powerful units in the late game.

As I said I'm using heavy armor loosly. In-between heavy and light counts as heavy for naboo. I don't think it makes sense for them to have truly heavy units, but they get units that act like heavy units, at least from a gameplay perspective.
As for your idea, I was actually planning something similar. The naboo have a bad initial strength, but a strong economy, which, given time, will allow them to produce some stronger units to hold off the federation. The federation will have strong and expensive units (tanks) backed up with swarms of light but cheap units (battle droids). And the Gungans would consist of fairly good infantry but light and weak armor. It's a work in proggress and I haven't completed it yet, but you get the idea. Basically yuor idea, only with changed details.

And when I get around to modding, the next update will include naval units, followed by buildings. If you have any ideas for either, please post them.

Sorry for lack of update for a while, yes I'm still here and working on it, I was feeling sickish last weekend and have been busy otherwise. Right now for modding I'm trying to learn modeling but am still working on the mod. Next update will include naval units, as I previously said, as well as possibly some new graphics. Stay tuned!

Sorry for lack of update for a while, yes I'm still here and working on it, I was feeling sickish last weekend and have been busy otherwise. Right now for modding I'm trying to learn modeling but am still working on the mod. Next update will include naval units, as I previously said, as well as possibly some new graphics. Stay tuned!

I love star wars but i dont know how to mod:p

sucks that your doing it yourself seems like a TON of work, hopefully others will join you, and hopefully people can get the word out about a Star Wars MOD that is here to stay!

Good work

Popcorn great mod, ill send you some star wars units for it, that ive completed.

and you can help "french" you have to figure out what part you want to do then look at the tutorials

Thanks, I'll greatly appreciate some new graphics. I'm curious, what are they? And, sorry, I don't understand your second part.
And yes, it's alot of work, but I've had offers to help, so I'm not alone trying to mod.

Now at V0.15!
Garret: Thanks, even though I'm not sure why you chose this mod. It's in a very Alpha version.

Now at V0.15!
Garret: Thanks, even though I'm not sure why you chose this mod. It's in a very Alpha version.

We put it in a special segment that i call "Upcoming mods!!" This segment is for mods that AREN'T done yet and maybe need some spotlighting to get some more support.

make sure you listen to the show, and maybe come onto the show next season :D

i can find nothing in the way of buildings, no surprise, becuase SW focuses on people and maybe vehicles but not as much the buildings. I'll still be happy to help with anything you still need help with.

I managed to find a little bit in the way of buildings on wikipedia, but yeah, it's pretty scarce. Look at my second post to see what you want to do.

I have skill in XML but not much else so the only thing that I see a need for a modder is in the Units(again), hopefully this time i won't make the same mistake i did last time(i sure will try not to screw up again).

If you would could you please join the star wars mod Here

Top Bottom