Star Wars Model - A-Wing (4/04/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
UPDATED (4/20/06):

Added team color support to the red parts of the unit. I also improved the texture a bit more.

UPDATED (4/06/06):

I wasn't completely satisfied with how the cockpit turned out. so I changed the texture a bit to make it less pixilated. Now it looks more like clear glass.

While I was messing around with it, I also made the engine texture on the back more even.

OLD POST: Here's my first Rebel fighter, the fast and nimble A-Wing. Some information about it here: A-Wing

This is probably the simplest of the Rebel craft to model, so I did it first to get warmed up. ;) The polygon count is 1228.

I attached the Jet Fighter animations to it, so that is what you should use when you add the unit to the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml file.

UPDATED PICS:

A-WING_COLOR1.jpg A-WING_COLOR2.jpg

Attachments

• A-WING_TEAMCOLOR.zip
    87.3 KB · Views: 343
Yes, the Rebel's can finally fight back. :p

Nice work as always Dual.

And yeah, you're fast!

Looks good!

When you are done with the Rebel fighters, can you make the Millenium Falcon and the Ebon Hawk?

That's a great idea senwiz. Can you do that Dual? We would force you to do it for the other fighters too of course. :goodjob:

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

Rabbit_Alex said:
Looks good!

When you are done with the Rebel fighters, can you make the Millenium Falcon and the Ebon Hawk?

Yeah, I'm already planning on doing the Falcon. And the Ebon Hawk would be a fun one to do, so I'll add it to the list.

senwiz said:
Nice. Does the color change based upon the civ color? It would be cool if the red changed to black or purple or whatever.

Nice job.

That's a good idea. I don't know how to do that yet, but I'll look into it. I see another person had civ-specific colors on their unit, so it must be possible.

It's simple Dual. Just assign the map texture to the decal map, and in the base map put "teamcolor.bmp" found in assets/art/shared.

Rabbit said:
It's simple Dual. Just assign the map texture to the decal map, and in the base map put "teamcolor.bmp" found in assets/art/shared.

Thanks for the info, I'll mess around with that later tonight.

I updated the texture on the A-Wing a bit. See the first post for details.

Sorry, but I wasn't able to add team colors to it successfully. The way I make and texture my models must not jive with how the team color works or something. But maybe I'll get it working in the future.

I hate the rebels with a great intensity!:mad: :mad: :mad:
they can hump a llama in Brazil because its illegal.
But... keep up the good work with star wars units
(try doing some land units!)

GeneralGrievous said:

LOL...Yes, the Rebels suck...We all know that, don't we? ;) But, it's still a nice unit. Personally, I'll be blowing up very soon. :D After all, Darth Vader is my hero. :scan:

GeneralGrievous said:

:lol:

I like the Imperials better too. But all those TIEs I made need something to shoot at. :D

As for land units: I've been asked by a couple people to make a landspeeder, speeder bike, and AT-ST. So, I'll probably be making those in a couple weeks.

I want to get more fighters done first though. I've just started on a X-wing model today, and should have it posted in a day or two.

GeneralGrievous said:
I'de like to play a game of CIV with you and destroy you using Rebel-only units :)

Hey Dual, the new version does look a little bit better. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the X, Y, and Bwings (the B is my favorite).

Top Bottom