Star Wars Model - TIE Fighter (3/27/06)

Dual

Gun Mage
UPDATED (4/19/06):

The unit now has team colors applied to it. See the updated picture below for how it looks in game. For the team colors to work my unit now has a FX.nif file included, which has to be pointed to in the <SHADERNIF> tag in the xml.

UPDATED (4/04/06):

I've improved a bit since I've started doing these Star Wars units, so over the next couple days I'm going back and updating the older TIEs I did.

For the first Fighter, I improved the wings a bit, added better ion engines on the back, and added a couple new textures. Because of the added stuff, the polygon count is now 772.

I also attached all of the Jet Fighter animations to the unit, so it should be more animated than before if you reference the origional Jet's animations in the xml files.

OLD POST: This is the origional TIE fighter from Episode 4 of Star Wars. If you wanted the TIE/LN model, from Episode 5 and 6, it would be very easy to skin it a light blue using the .dds file.

For those who are not versed in Star Wars lore, TIE stands for Twin Ion Engine. And this fighter was used in great numbers by the Galactic Empire. One interesting thing about this spaceship is that to save space it has no life support. :eek: The pilots have to wear a sealed flightsuit with it's own oxygen supply.

If you use the unit as an airplane, and give it the jet animations, the game will animate it like normal. There are some seams showing on the wing panels that I couldn't get rid of. But I don't think it distracts too much from the model. The number of polygons in this one is 740.

UPDATED PICS:

TIE_Fighter_Update1.jpg TIE_FIGHTER_COLORED.jpg

Attachments

• TIE_FIGHTER_TEAMCOLORS.zip
    65.7 KB · Views: 459
This is amazing- in the words of Robert Palmer, simply irresistible.

Are you going to become the guy for spacecraft requests? ...'cause I can think of some fun spacefaring vessels.

Zuul said:
Nice. Though the wings are a bit more thick than usual.

That's a good point, and easy to alter. :) I went ahead and posted another version with thinner wing panels.

Are you going to become the guy for spacecraft requests? ...'cause I can think of some fun spacefaring vessels.

I don't know about becoming "the guy" for it, but I'll probably be doing more Star Wars and Star Trek units. :D I've got a lot of units I want to do before I start taking a lot of requests though.

I'm working on a TIE Interceptor now, since it has the same cockpit as the fighter. Basically it just needs new wings, so it should be ready either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Wow, very very cool!!!!

Top Bottom