Star Wars: The Galactic Civil War

Edit: Macs can't use the editor, can they?

I think I read somewhere else on the forum that an Intel mac running an emulator can, but unfortunately mine's a little older so it can't. The only editor I can use is the vanilla one, and that's pretty limited.

I'm wondering if perhaps my download of the scenario just glitched. I'm going to download it again and give it another try.

Updates are currently on hold for this Scenario. I will be working on an update for the Clone Wars Scenario, right after I finish with my Dominion War Scenario sometime this summer. If there are any suggestions you may have please inform me and I will be happy to check into it.

1.) Download the file from the link.
2.) Unzip the file on your computer
3.) Copy and paste the file and the BIQ in the "Conquest" folder of the Civilization Conquest Game file
4.) conquer the Galaxy:)

I am having an error with the clone wars mod for Civ3. When I try to load it up, I get a "missing entry in 'text\Pedialcons.txt':ICON_BLDG_Vaporators." Can you help me with this error?

Do you mean the Scenario that I have made or the Mod that is located in the Modpack Forums?

If you mean my Clone Wars Scenario, then locate the PediaIcon file in the Clone Wars folder and search for "BLDG_Vaporators" If the line is there, than go to the Clone Wars BIQ Editor File, open it up, and go to the Improments and Wonders section in the "Edit Rules" section. Search for vaporators and make sure that the Civilopedia entry says "BLDG_Vaporators"

Hopefully this helps, and BTW this thread is for the Galactic Civil War Scenario not the Clone Wars Scenario. For questions concerning the Clone Wars scenario, post them in the Clone Wars thread to avoid confusion. Thanks

OH I found out the problem on the Vaporator issue. In the Art/civilopedia/icon/buildings folder scroll down to the very end and find the "Vaporator_Large" and "Vaporator_Small" pics. Rename them to "Vaporators_Large" and Vaporators_Small"

this will fix the problem (I just found this error today while searching the folder:)

I'm getting the same problem with the "missing entry in 'text\Pedialcons.txt':ICON_BLDG_Vaporators". I tried doing what you said but I still get the same message. I don't know if there is a different problem or if I am just doing it wrong, which is entirely possible.

To fix the problem:
1.) In the Pedia Icon File Search for
#ICON_BLDG_Vaporators
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Vaporators_Large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Vaporators_Small.pcx

2.) Delete the "s" at the end of the word Vaporators to look like
#ICON_BLDG_Vaporators
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Vaporator_Large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Vaporator_Small.pcx

Simply put, the name in the pedia icon file must match EXACTLY the name in the Art/civilopedia/icons/buildings file.

EDIT:The file extension at the end of Vaporator_Large and _Small is .pcx. There is no space between the "p" and the "cx". I have no idea why it is showing it that way on the forum. I tried typing it in several times. Might be a texting glitch. With pedia icons entires must be EXACT. I learned this the very hard way and it is the first mistake that modders generally learn the hard way.

Well some units are just an icon because those units have no animation (no one has created those units as of yet) I thought it would be wiser to have the unit that haven't been animated depicted as icons. That way when you play it, you won't see an Imperial Star Destroyer when it states that the unit is a Maurder Cruiser. Cuts down on the confusion and allows a smoother game play, especially when you don't have to right click a unit all the time to see if its a Star Destroyer or a pirate ship.

Just downloaded this, awesome scenario! Just a few things:

For such a huge map the naval movement rates are pretty low so I upped a number of them. I may even up them even more(these ships can cross half the galaxy in a few days).

Cloak Shape fighters and TIE Phantoms weren't used as fighters, they were used as scouts/hit-and-run ships, so I made them more like subs(invisible and stealth attack).

Most of your units were defensive(why were the tanks defensive? Tanks are for kicking ass!) so I adjusted them accordingly.

Also 'Super Star Destroyer' is a slang term for any exceptionally large star destroyer, you have the icon of an Executor-class star dreadnought, I renamed it as such. Also you have the stats for it as an attack ship, the Executor was designed as an unassailable juggernaut to direct fleet operations, not a strike vessel. So I gave it huge defensive stats ans lowered it's attack slightly so you have to attack it with fighters, the achilles heel of the design.

I made a bunch of other changes too just for playability, like having two sienar wonders, one producing TIE fighters that becomes obsolete then another one that produces TIE interceptors.

Overall a good scenario! Just needed a few tweeks.

Let's justify a couple of those things:

The sea has a movement restriction (or something) of 0 - meaning that units can travel from one side of the map to the other in less than a turn (unless they're in chiss space, in which case it takes some time).

There are 4 types of land unit - offensive (infantry), defensive (armour/tank), light defensive (scout), and defensive bombard (artillery). I appreciate this is probably the wrong way round, and probably needs reversing, but either way it fits.

Modern Armour is a slang term for any exceptionally modern tank brigade.

TIE phantoms and cloakshapes make good sense to be invisible, perhaps one of the later patches will fix this.
And the SSD should be more defensive, you're right.

And a very attractive interface, no?

Yeah love the interface, that had to have taken some time. Didn't know about the no movement restrict thing, I must've done something in the editor to change that and didn't notice. Maybe instead of instant transport(seeing as the AI knows where all of your units are the dirty cheater) give them 20-25 MP? I'll try that out.

I looked up the cloakshape fighter and from a canon perspective it actually doesn't make sense to make it invisible, my bad on that, I was thinking of a different fighter. I do think that Black Sun and the Hutts should have a sneak attack/hidden nationality ship(maybe not an invisible one) to represent piracy, maybe even a few 'pirate' non-playable factions. Bloodscars, Invids, Cavrilhu Pirates and Eyttyrmin Batiiv are contenders for 1 or 2 world pirates to further enhance the experience. The Empire wasn't concerned only with the rebels after all. You can use the various blazing claw designs(check it out in wookiepedia) for the different pirates.
When I was playing the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire mod(completely awesome btw) the pirates were a neat idea as they added one more thing to worry about other than Hannibal driving towards Rome or Mithradies' armies. They were legitimate threats I had to manage.

Maybe adding the Zaan Consortium to open things up? Base them on Ryloth maybe another planet or two?

The land unit thing could be redone to fit more closely to what the units were used as.

Heh, I know I've mentioned a lot of changes it's just that I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and only an amateur moder. If this could be like a turn based version of Empire at War I'll be in heaven(not that it isn't a super mod already!):goodjob:

well i'm super glad that you like the scenario. There are many improvements to work on and try out. Sheepmonster and i are still working on the Clone Wars scenario and will work on the GCW shortly afterwards. Any comments or ideas you have are truly welcome:)

Top Bottom