Star Wars: The Old Republic

Your main character will be a...

• Total voters

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
Discuss the upcoming MMO. That's an order, not an option.

I've included a poll, to see what characters CFCers will likely roll as a potential main character.

I will likely roll a smuggler (95% chance) with gunslinger (the DPS/ charm smuggler) as my advanced class rather than the scoundral (the stealth/ support smuggler).

I have seen the worlds that have been shown so far. I must say I am quite intrigued. The total land area is likely to add up to quite a lot with even the starter planets being a decent size. It takes a little less than one hour to get from one end of a starter planet to the other end (I believe it was Hutta someone checked this with). The other planets are larger. Coruscant also has a lot going for it, vertically. A fan has felt the need to confirm that it is in fact possible to kill yourself by jumping off a building in Coruscant. :lol:

Starter Worlds: Tython (Republic- Knight, Consular), Korriban (Sith Empire- Warrior, Inquisitor), Hutta (Sith Empire- Bounty Hunter, Agent), Ord Mantell (Republic- Trooper, Smuggler)

Other Confirmed planets: Coruscant, Balmorra, Alderaan, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Taris (Ruins), Belsavis, Voss, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa

The game will include companions, which are basically characters that follow you around and help you in fights. They could be another sentient species, a droid, or a creature.

The jedi and sith characters are considered run of the mill types, where as the non-force characters are considered the best of their professions. Their combat capabilities are seen as about equal.

Knight and Warrior - Melee DPS/ Tank
Consular and Inquisitor - Melee DPS/ Support
Trooper and Bounty Hunter- Ranged DPS/ Tank
Smuggler and Agent- Ranged DPS/ Support

Assuming I can actually afford to pick it up when it's released, I'll probably look at the Jedi Consular.

I'd be a bounty hunter

I've never been into MMOs, and SWTOR is probably the only one I'd ever play. If/when I get it, I'd probably try out the consular - I kinda like the concept.

Sith Warrior for life

Bounty hunter or sith. You just gotta love being evil :mwaha:

I changed my choice to a Sith Pureblood Sith Warrior.

I love both KOTOR games but I haven't been following the news for the Old Republic. I'm assuming the gameplay is relatively the same. Is it pay-per-month?

They haven't released any information about fees AFAIK

Well fees are kind the point of MMOs (barring GW and soon GW 2) so I'm guessing yeah.

So, among many other things, it was finally hard-core iron-clad confirmed that the Jedi Knight will have a single-saber DPS option that is viable compared to the Jedi Consular's saberstaff burst DPS (the Shadow) and the Jedi Knight Jar'Kai DPS (the Sentinel).

So if I could change my vote from "Consular" to "Knight", that'd be awesome.

I don't know anything about this game, unlikely I'll play.

Is there no healer type in this game? I see ranged dps and tank listed above, but what about healing?

the KOTOR games had limited character builds, I hope they expand upon that this time. There just weren't enough force abilities, not enough weapon varieties, etc. There needs to be much, much more.

Several classes and advanced classes are going to have healing capabilities. One of the Sage builds is capable of healing (typical caster class) as is one of the Smuggler ones. Dunno so much about the Sith side of things (obviously not planning on playing them for awhile).

Top Bottom