Stargate BtS

dataskywalker

Warlord
I'm establishing this thread as a method of feedback as well as recuitment to help with the mod. Here is the link to the latest version.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/stargate-bts-1-5.17194/

Religion founding video add-on here(no longer neccessary for Civilizations 0.9 onwards)

Previews
Goa'uld Worship
Origin
Technology

My dream is to grow the mod into a total conversion mod, complete with as many elements from the movies and shows. I want it to be like the Star Wars mod, without the dying part. At the moment I can perform most of the simple art and xml coding, and I eventually want to get at the Python. I could use someone to work at the 3D art, like models (units and leaderheads), skinning/texturing, animation, and effects. I certainly hope I can find the support I need here at CFC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may wish to provide some more information about the mod rather than just a download link, especially if you're trying to recruit help.

Also, I see you have uploaded the mod three times (just by looking at your user page) whenever you update- you can update a file by clicking "Edit File" on the file info page and reuploading the mod.

You may wish to provide some more information about the mod rather than just a download link, especially if you're trying to recruit help.

Also, I see you have uploaded the mod three times (just by looking at your user page) whenever you update- you can update a file by clicking "Edit File" on the file info page and reuploading the mod.

I know that, I just want it to remain visible among the recent downloads, and not be lost among the digital ocean of other small files. However, I will provide a description for my mod, and what I hope to accomplish.

I don't know anything about modding so I cannot help...

However, I wish to thank you for the work, I'm a sg fan and this project is just a dream slowly come true...

Good work!

Thank you, It makes me :) that others are grateful for what I'm trying to do. I'm currently considering changing the religions to more Stargate-oriented religious values. Currently I have in mind to add what I'm calling 'Goa'uld Worship', Origin (obvously), Ascension, and-oh! I got it! 'Asgard worship', since they did make some people believe they were gods.

I'm trying to think of a name for a religion that is supposed to convey that the civ is 'no longer serving false gods', the stance that Teal'c, the Tok'ra and eventually the Jaffa Free Nation take. What would be a good name for that, and what would be its symbol?

What would you guys like the symbol to be for each of these religions? And since I'm going to make movie files to use for each religion founding, what would you like to see?

If there's anyone wondering why there hasn't been a new version of Stargate BtS for some time now, it's a combination of RL family issues and the fact my computer monitor died suddenly on me. As soon as I have a new one, I will get back to work at developing Stargate religions. Feedback and suggestions are always appreciated.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265214

I have worked a bit more on python, although I am rather worthless when it comes to graphics.

Yes, I downloaded your file there. Wasn't quite sure what to do with it, but if you're willing to help me that'd be great. I assume that thread was considering a Final Frontier mod-mod, but I wasn't quite sure how to approach ground combat in a space-only mod, rplus I don't feel to mess with that xml. The future of real development on this is dependant on whether 3D models can be produced.

You might consider searching google warehouse for models you could convert (via Blender) or at least to get a texture from. Don't ask me though, I won't have the time to help you.

Just to give feedback on the suggestions you asked for.

On religions and its symbol (great ideas).

I have a couple ones for the evil alien snake one.

As long as Goa'uld language is basically ancient egiptian one, some hieroglyph should be enough proper if not the best one.

Maybe the Egiptian symbol for "God" or "religion".

I' ll search and I' ll post news if I find...

For 'Goauld Worship', the symbols I'm considering are: a black Eye of Ra or the necklace from the first Stargate movie (trying to keep it as tied to Stargate than to real world history, since Ancient Egyptians didn't actually worship aliens ... or did they? (cue X-files theme with Stargate remix:D)).

Who knows.... ehm ehm.

I think the Eye of Ra would be great, can I suggest it to be golden?

The most difficult would be the "no false gods" symbol...

For the 'no false gods', I was thinking of two staff weapons in an x-shape.

And I thought of a better name (possibly): Independence. Either name works IMO, I simply need to look at the diplomacy text xml to make sure its comes out properly when other civs ask you to convert.

mmm...

I had also thought something similar, but isn't it too much "human" way to symbolyze?

I mean, Tok'ras and Free Jaffas are alien, with alien cultures and languages...

it is hard to believe they use our same symbols to mean the same concepts such as a cross to negate something...

I think we should make much effort to find it... IMO. ;)

I think I found the kind of symbol you are looking for...

Remember Rak'nor, one of the leader of the Jaffa Rebellion? His burned tattoo seems like the perfect symbol for the idea this 'religion' is trying to convey. What do you think?

Attachments

• Rak'nor.JPG
    Rak'nor.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 279
I have already thought of it too...

but how to realize the effect of a burned tatoo in civ graphic?

This is why I refused to...

If it could be done, would be perfect, sure.

Now I'm thinking of using a zat gun as the symbol, since it was the preferred weapon of the Tok'ra and SG-1. It is a lesser symbol of Goauld power, one that the good guys used to great effect against them.

In other news, I'm also upgrading the leaderhead images for SG-1, to something more recent.

:thumbsup:

The tatoo idea wasn't bad, if it could be done... but how to?

A dark pink symbol would not be very "serious" imo... maybe black?

I have an alternative.

I remember in the series there was the hyeroglyphic symbol for the Tok'ra in the episode in which the Sg1 first discover the tritonin produced in an alien planet with tok'ra symbionts told to be goa'uld ones...

...the Sg1 discover the ancient inscription and translated it and discovered the truth...

but I do not remember if it was shown or only speaken of...

If someone could see the episode and search for it (i' m too lazy...) it would be a valid alternative.

I remember in the series there was the hyeroglyphic symbol for the Tok'ra in the episode in which the Sg1 first discover the tritonin produced in an alien planet with tok'ra symbionts told to be goa'uld ones...

...the Sg1 discover the ancient inscription and translated it and discovered the truth...

but I do not remember if it was shown or only speaken of...

If someone could see the episode and search for it (i' m too lazy...) it would be a valid alternative.

I doubt the free Jaffa would take a Tok'ra symbol as theirs... ;)

Top Bottom