Stargate: replicator ship

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
This replicator ship was asked for the Stargate SG1 mod. It's entirely made of little robots ('replicators'),as can be seen in the death animation. :) This model is kinda dark on purpose, beter don't use it on a black terrain; on a dark blue terrain on the other hand it looks quite nice...

You can find the download here (1.82Mb).

Preview (Attack A, Attack B, Death)

The death could have been taken from the episode, its almost exactly the same...Very nice reduction to blocks...couldnt have asked for better

{edit} the sounds reference a unit I dont have (Constitution)

Spacer One said:
The death could have been taken from the episode, its almost exactly the same...Very nice reduction to blocks...couldnt have asked for better
{edit} the sounds reference a unit I dont have (Constitution)
Oops, forgot about the sounds. The consitution can be found in these forums. Othewise use the INI below (no sounds) or substute it with sounds of your choice...:)
Never saw that episode, but it seemed logical... :D

Attachments

• Replicator ship INI.zip
    505 bytes · Views: 232
Cool unit. Saw this on SG-1 and thought it would be a great looking unit.

To bad there weren't more SG-1 ships in the forum......:mischief:

MarineCorps said:
Cool unit. Saw this on SG-1 and thought it would be a great looking unit.

To bad there weren't more SG-1 ships in the forum......:mischief:
I have reason to believe that more ships for SG-1 are coming

Daedalous, The O'Neil and the Ha'Tak...and maybe an Al'Kesh too

Spacer One said:
I have reason to believe that more ships for SG-1 are coming

Daedalous, The O'Neil and the Ha'Tak...and maybe an Al'Kesh too

Plus an X 301 that I found for Bjornlo to make :p :D (that wasn't easy to find either). I think there might have tel'tak to.:hmm: I don't remember exactly what I found for him.

X-301 for what? to crash and die?...it never worked...or at least not for long, before it got "recalled" by Apophis

I was gonna ask about the Tel'Tak, but I didnt need it for the scenario...would love to have it usable tho...

Wow, what a reactions... :blush: Not used to this... :D
Well, since this is such a succes I might try to make another SG ship if someone can give me a model in 3ds or max ... :)

@Spacer One: Those are lightwave models, 3d studio max can not import those without first using a converter. LWG is LightWave Group. A support site for LW.

@Flamand: It is just a really good unit with very interesting animations. The spikes, the lightening, and so on..

Spacer One said:
Ok, I will look for others...I dont do units, so I dont know exactly what too look for...so Models, not Meshs right?...

Models, meshes same thing different name. 3ds is the file format you want to look for.

Spacer One said:
Ok, I will look for others...I dont do units, so I dont know exactly what too look for...so Models, not Meshs right?...
A model is usually the same as a mesh. A model can also refer to a mesh + the textures. While a mesh is just that. (the wires, not the textures)
These come in a variety of formats. Some are more compatible then others. For example, pictures can come in .bmp .gif .jpg .PCX .tif .psd .rgb .iff and so on... Not all picture manipulation programs can handle all image formats. it is the same with 3d programs. The more common formats include .3ds .max (for 3d studio max), .lwo .lws (for lightwave), .cob (Truespace), .c4d (Cinema 4d, and so on. Some formats can be read by multiple programs, for example .3ds and .obj files are be read by most 3d programs. Bryce (the program I use as my main tool) can read 7-8 different formats including .lwo and .lws. There are conversion programs to convert from one format to another, but these are imperfect and generally expensive.

Flamand uses 3d studio max as his 3d tool. This program works best with .max and .3ds format files.

Top Bottom